Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

Retail starter pack

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just learned of this and thought others might benefit from it. I know the idea of buying a retail version of this game is silly for most but for $20 you get a good amount of stuff:

• Jaina
    • Li Li
    • Zeratul
    • Zagara
    • Sonya
    • Ronin Zeratul skin
    • Golden Tiger mount exclusive to this pack

Each item has a separate code so you can give or sell them to people.

In stores tomorrow.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good call on that. I just picked it up yesterday. Zeratul, Sonya and LiLi together are already 20 it's probably close to 30 bucks worth of stuff.

DoomFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Where did you manage to pick it up? I was looking for it at my local Best Buy but couldn't find it there...

groundbeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tip, but honestly I'm not sure this is as good a deal as it first appears. Out of the list only Jaina and the tiger mount are draws, the rest are just filler (heroes are cheaper tier, that skin is nothing special). With the weekly 50% off hero sales and a bit of patience, you can have your pick of any 4 top tier heroes for $20.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bane122

@doomfrog: I got mine at Gamestop, pretty much all the stores around me had it but just one copy. Best Buy didn't even have it on the site right away, and still don't have any locally.

Also, apparently the Ronin Zeratul skin gives you the character too so you should be able give that one away or sell it. I already had him so couldn't verify, I just saw it on another forum.

DoomFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane122: Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check Gamestop this weekend.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I have a Sonya code for any of my duder friends. PM no charge try the game out as its great.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So I like this game, but I'm not compelled to spend money at all. The characters are relatively easy to buy with in game gold, and there aren't even that many characters. The skins cost money but I think most of them are too jokey and goofy and they don't interest me. The mounts are alright, but they're either wicked expensive, or part of some limited time promotion/event that I've already missed.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As always, it's a matter of how much you value your time vs access to money. None of the characters are hard to get, it just takes time. I personally am willing to put in a couple bucks to improve the selection I have as I'm learning. If I fall in love with the game, I will be playing a lot so there will be credits to spend, if not then I have spent 20 bucks on less entertaining things (chicken fries, etc.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.