Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hideo Kojima

Person » credited in 60 games

Hideo Kojima is a game developer, producer, and director who has spent the bulk of his career making games in the Metal Gear series. He formerly ran his own studio at Konami called Kojima Productions.

Hideo Kojima and Thom Yorke are the same person

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I think I've cracked some sort of code. Kojima and Yorke are the same person.

Metal Gear = Pablo Honey

Metal Gear 2 = The Bends

Metal Gear Solid = OK Computer

Metal Gear Solid 2 = Kid A

Metal Gear Solid 3 = Amnesiac

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops = Hail to the Thief

Metal Gear Solid 4 = In Rainbows

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker = The Eraser

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes = The King of Limbs

Also, check this out:

Hideo Kojima = 11 letters

Thomas Yorke = 11 letters

Coincidence? I think not!

Have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time? Nope. Thom Yorke is the new Joakim Mogren.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By csl316

This was stupid until I realized it was all true.

Metal Gear = Pablo Honey - Both fun and entertaining, but nothing particularly special.

Metal Gear 2 = The Bends - Expanding on the original, while showing hints of the future.

Metal Gear Solid = OK Computer - Widespread critical acclaim, becoming one of the biggest names in gaming/music/life.

Metal Gear Solid 2 = Kid A - A complete left turn, leaving some fans in the cold. But repeated listenings unveil what this series/band really is.

Metal Gear Solid 3 = Amnesiac - A more down to earth, emotional piece from what came before. A b-side story? Hardly.

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops = Hail to the Thief - Pretty good but fairly uneven. Lets try lots of new concepts with the classic gameplay/sound.

Metal Gear Solid 4 = In Rainbows - Everything rules.

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker = The Eraser - A little known gem, but the people that are into it love it.

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes = The King of Limbs - A polarizing release, with some people getting really deep into it. But the most critical of the bunch think it feels a little empty.

So since MGS V looks amazing, the next Radiohead release will set the world on fire. One last time.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I was kind of maybe with you up until Metal Gear Solid 3 = Amnesiac. Also the Eraser came out before In Rainbows.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah
    @jackhole said:
    Have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time? Nope. Thom Yorke is the new Joakim Mogren.

No Caption Provided

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nah. At least when Kojima is up his own arse it's still entertaining. Radiohead have been boring since Kid A.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You're name is Jackhole, Jack is the name of Kiefer Sutherland's character in 24, Sutherland is in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

.'. You are Kiefer Sutherland.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Hideo Kojima is Half Life 3.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Unfortunately I always just listened to Radiohead since they sound good, and didn't get too deep into understanding them. So I can't understand this.

Also never played any MGS game

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

You're name is Jackhole, Jack is the name of Kiefer Sutherland's character in 24, Sutherland is in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

.'. You are Kiefer Sutherland.

Wait...

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain stars Big Boss. Big Boss has an amazing beard, just like the indie developer Twinbeard.

.'. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is actually Frog Fractions 2.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As a certified Metal Gear and Radiohead expert I can confirm that this is 100% accurate

Also, Zone of the Enders = Atoms for Piece?

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Kojima is making half life 3

CONFIRMED

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Also, Zone of the Enders = Atoms for Piece?

That would only make sense if their first album was absolute garbage and the second was the best thing in it's genre.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: go wash your mouth, right now, then listen to Amok from Atoms for Peace. :)

They both got in common that they are very creative and always try new stuff. They keep innovating and most of the time it works out. No MGS game is exactly the same as the last, same goes for York's music. I really appreciate the King of Limbs album after hearing them play it live, same goes for some of the MGS games where I first did not like it and then really got into it (MGS2).

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I'd switch OK Computer and Amnesiac around.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well sure. In the sense that both he and Radiohead are overrated to hell and back.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thom Yorke is a hipstery, whining no-talent piece of shit. Kojima is god. So no.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GunstarRed

@dussck: If I can remember from when I heard it, it just sounded like the same old jittery beats with Thom droning over the top of them, the same old shit Radiohead and his solo album were "experimenting" with. I don't hate all of Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows has a couple of gorgeous moments, but I miss the band that made The Bends and OK Computer. I'm not against experimentation, but most of their output has felt boring, a predictable kind of unpredictable. The King of Limbs is really, really poor.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Wait, how did you guys manage to pay whatever for MGS4? That game ran me sixty bucks.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xyzygy

Nope. Comparing MGS4 to In Rainbows, in terms of what they did to their respective industries, just isn't right. In Rainbows is brilliant. MGS4 is far from that. Kojima can't compare to Yorke. I see what you're trying to do but this list doesn't really make any sense... :P

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: That's the whole point, they will never make another album like The Bends or like King of Limbs. They are really picky when compiling an album too. Great songs like The Daily Mail and Staircase did not end up on The King Of Limbs, because they felt it didn't fit the mood of the whole album.
    You can dislike their recent music, but you can't call them boring or predictable. The Bends and OK Computer do have some great songs, but in the end sound like any other British band (The Bends kind of sounds like U2 even).

Most of their music after OK Computer is not 'easy' to get into. It takes awhile to appreciate the subtle touches in some of those songs.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nah. At least when Kojima is up his own arse it's still entertaining. Radiohead have been boring since Kid A.

I agree. Probably the only Radiohead album I like.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck said:

The Bends and OK Computer do have some great songs, but in the end sound like any other British band (The Bends kind of sounds like U2 even).

I get that The Bends is a very traditional rock record with catchy choruses and loud guitars, but to say OK Computer sounds like any other British band from the time is crazy. At the time I remember some of people that loved The Bends were really put off by some of the weirder songs like the incredible Climbing up the walls or Exit Music. Man, Paranoid Android, Karma Police and No Surprises are some incredibly unconventional songs to put out as singles.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I'm with you until MGS3 = Amnesiac.

Sorry, but MGS3 is one of my favorite games ever. The rest holds up true, which is impressive.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: Yea, I guess you're right. I stand corrected on OK Computer :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.