Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

High Definition Graphics

Concept »

A console game is high definition if it operates at a resolution of at least 720p, or 1280x720. A console able to achieve this resolution is HD-capable. For a variety of reasons, the term does not apply to PC games.

Amazing Cinema 2.0 effects technology will blow you away!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TwoOneFive

Its pretty mind blowing quality effects here. the people who are working with this tech are constantly mentioning video games. Honestly, if this tech exists, I guarantee it will make it into the next generation of video games. Its all going to be featured to its fullest potential in James Cameron's upcoming AVATAR next year! They say it looks so good you won't be able to tell the computerized stuff for the real stuff. watch these below, i know the first video will definitely surprise you, and the following are for those who really get all geeked out over this stuff. im sure many of you have seen it before, but if you haven't here ya go. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

Its pretty mind blowing quality effects here. the people who are working with this tech are constantly mentioning video games. Honestly, if this tech exists, I guarantee it will make it into the next generation of video games. Its all going to be featured to its fullest potential in James Cameron's upcoming AVATAR next year! They say it looks so good you won't be able to tell the computerized stuff for the real stuff. watch these below, i know the first video will definitely surprise you, and the following are for those who really get all geeked out over this stuff. im sure many of you have seen it before, but if you haven't here ya go. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Old news.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive
    jakob187 said:
    "Old news."
    everytime i come on these forums i see cranky comments by you. i clearly stated above if you even read it, thats its probably old to a lot of people, i just felt like posting it because i think its so cool. 
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike
    TwoOneFive said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Old news."
    everytime i come on these forums i see cranky comments by you. i clearly stated above if you even read it, thats its probably old to a lot of people, i just felt like posting it because i think its so cool. "

I have to agree.  Jakob, if you think it's old news, simply don't post.  You're turning into an annoying troll and it's time to knock it off.  Let's all try to remember the golden rule of Giant Bomb - don't be a dick.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's cool and all, but I was fully aware the moment I saw her that she was computer generated. I've been working with this stuff for a while so I could pick out the flaws in the animation work. Her eyes and eye lids weren't properly done. However it's still impressive technology, even though it's slightly useless. Motion capture is a completely different tool. It captures the movement of the body, and then you can use that and impose any image upon it. This however seems to capture on video, and then re-create what it sees, which is a pointless task in movies, unless of course they can impose a different creation onto the wire frame.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

Continuing proof James Cameron is the man. Can't wait for Avatar.

LiquidPrince said:

"That's cool and all, but I was fully aware the moment I saw her that she was computer generated."
    Also, the fact you are watching super high definition played through low-res YouTube will have made it super obvious.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Continuing proof James Cameron is the man. Can't wait for Avatar.

LiquidPrince said:
    "That's cool and all, but I was fully aware the moment I saw her that she was computer generated."
    Also, the fact you are watching super high definition played through low-res YouTube will have made it super obvious.
    "

Well, if it was done flawlessly, then it shouldn't have mattered what resolution the video was at. Although after watching the rest of the video's I get what they would want to use the technology for.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892

The demonstration where they put the digital rendition over her real face looked pretty fake. The second video, however, was pretty jaw-dropping.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422
    LiquidPrince said:
    "That's cool and all, but I was fully aware the moment I saw her that she was computer generated. I've been working with this stuff for a while so I could pick out the flaws in the animation work. Her eyes and eye lids weren't properly done. However it's still impressive technology, even though it's slightly useless. Motion capture is a completely different tool. It captures the movement of the body, and then you can use that and impose any image upon it. This however seems to capture on video, and then re-create what it sees, which is a pointless task in movies, unless of course they can impose a different creation onto the wire frame."
    Obviously no one else except you could of possibly noticed this...............there's so much that makes it obvious to pretty much anyone.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
    pause422 said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "That's cool and all, but I was fully aware the moment I saw her that she was computer generated. I've been working with this stuff for a while so I could pick out the flaws in the animation work. Her eyes and eye lids weren't properly done. However it's still impressive technology, even though it's slightly useless. Motion capture is a completely different tool. It captures the movement of the body, and then you can use that and impose any image upon it. This however seems to capture on video, and then re-create what it sees, which is a pointless task in movies, unless of course they can impose a different creation onto the wire frame."
    Obviously no one else except you could of possibly noticed this...............there's so much that makes it obvious to pretty much anyone."

Why are you acting like such a dick? When in my whole paragraph did I mention that I was the only one who noticed? I just said it was pretty obvious if you know what to look for. Congratulations, you can spot the errors too, I would give you a cookie if you weren't so rude.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187
    MB said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Old news."
    everytime i come on these forums i see cranky comments by you. i clearly stated above if you even read it, thats its probably old to a lot of people, i just felt like posting it because i think its so cool. "

I have to agree.  Jakob, if you think it's old news, simply don't post.  You're turning into an annoying troll and it's time to knock it off.  Let's all try to remember the golden rule of Giant Bomb - don't be a dick."
    Sorry, MB.  Thought this was already a forum topic.
    *EDIT*  Missed the part that this was a blog post and not a regular forum topic that TwoOneFive started up.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By giyanks22

It looks really cool...can't wait for it.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Bulldog19892

In one sense it's amazing how we've gotten so close to making incredibly realistic looking human models, but at the same time I can't say I'd be happy to see this technology in games. I'd rather not be playing a game where I'm killing things that look exactly like real people. It would be kinda traumatizing.

Bill_Hickz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bill_Hickz

Im not going to lie like Liquid Princess,  I thought she was real. Made my day cheers mate im speechless for the future of gaming. Im going to keep a close eye on this.
    Kind of makes me scared of how the govt would be able to frame someone with this technology,  to think they could frame someone for murder with video evidence just by pasting someones face on the security footage anyway.

Heres a video in return enjoy.

Tried to embed, dont know how heres the link bro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD0UMFHhanc

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By vivek

Wow, the 3D viewer was what really got my attention. I used to study 3D Animation and its hard. This technology will never replace that but could play a huge part in games and film if they could rig the scanned data images. This is the way forward in many areas

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.