Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

17 minutes of new footage - and it's awesome

Incapability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Incapability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcJhijTI1Ps

Cease your caustic and rabid hate of the new game for a moment, and revel in this sweet, succulent new game footage for a moment.

Before you throw a hissy-fit, you can actually customize your UI to contain as much, or as little, on-screen information as possible. Also note that this is pre-beta footage.

Now that you have taken this into consideration, feel free to return to your violent and spastic outbursts of rage. Notice how it plays entirely like a Hitman game.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By ToxicFruit

I watched this earlier and loved it.

I like how they showed one way to eliminate the targets but hinted at so many others.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably pick this up just hope the PC version is a good port.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

This looks fantastic.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

That looks awesome, having never played a hitman game I might have to pick up blood money during this summer sale.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

I'm not gonna watch cause I don't want to spoil anything now and E3's showing told me it will be awesome

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By ManMadeGod

Looks really good. It's upsetting that people are bitching in the youtube comments. Why must gamers ALWAYS find something to complain about?

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By blueduck

I liked everything right up until the point shooting. It's lazy game design.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadyPingu

Preemptive cynicism, I like it.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vitor

Looks incredible. Super psyched for this.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueduck said:

Yes but you are not forced to use it, and if you do use it you basically bone yourself out of doing anything else with instinct mode so it's hardly that useful. It just adds something to make it easier to shoot dudes like 47 is able to, but again, you don't have to use it.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blueduck
    @Agent47CSim2: I just really don't understand why its in the game at all. I mean 47 could always shoot people and this just seems like some cheese ability for lazy people. It also came out of no where and seems really weird for a hitman game. 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Yeah I just finished watching that, and I gotta say, I'm impressed. 

I'm literally "game-evolution-phobic" because many great unique games turn into mindless shooters in order to 'get with the times', but the changes in this new Hitman are all spot-on and they enhance the experience of BEING a badass hitman. Hints and the Eagle vision can be turned off, as well as the HUD according to that dude, so that's amazing. 
    Now you can throw dudes off balconies by getting a clear prompt beforehand that makes it a quick action (instead of humping the railing waiting for a prompt to appear), snap necks, use EVERYTHING in the environment for distractions (not just chandeliers and whatnot), among alot of other awesome things. I'm excited.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Dogma

@Agent47CSim2 said:

@blueduck said:

Yes but you are not forced to use it, and if you do use it you basically bone yourself out of doing anything else with instinct mode so it's hardly that useful. It just adds something to make it easier to shoot dudes like 47 is able to, but again, you don't have to use it.

I acutally think it's a better solution than manual aiming. That looks clumsy and slow. This makes an execution look awesome and made by an proffesional, as it should be. I honestly don't want to rely on aim mechanics in this type of game. And as Agent 47 himself pointed out, it's optional. If you want to go the stealth route then this will never be a concern for you.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Strife777

This looks really good, can't wait to get it on PC. Too bad it doesn't seem like there's a Professional Edition for the PC.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#16  Edited By ManMadeGod

@blueduck said:

@Agent47CSim2: I just really don't understand why its in the game at all. I mean 47 could always shoot people and this just seems like some cheese ability for lazy people. It also came out of no where and seems really weird for a hitman game.

I don't see why it's weird for a hitman game. Because it's new? If anything it's just another way for you to play the game; another weapon at your disposal should you wish to use it. Nothing wrong with that.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blueduck
    @Dogma said:

@Agent47CSim2 said:

@blueduck said:

I acutally think it's a better solution than manual aiming. That looks clumsy and slow. This makes an execution look awesome and made by an proffesional, as it should be. I honestly don't want to rely on aim mechanics in this type of game. And as Agent 47 himself pointed out, it's optional. If you want to go the stealth route then this will never be a concern for you.

Here is where I disagree with you. I don't think it's a better solution to manual aiming since manual aiming is based on player skill and not slow mo cheese. Making execution like a professional should be up to the player and his skill level imo. I mean the whole demo they're talking about how npc alarm and feed info to each other in real  time and shutting people down fast before that info gets out is important but then they show this slow mo ability that would basically shut down any npcs ability get any info out. It's just seems like it takes the risk out of being found out since that relay of info npcs have can be auto cut out with the press of a button. 
    Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Packie

Cheap looking UI and overpowered M&E aside, this looked pretty damn good. I do hope they outsource the PC version to Nixxes. I really liked their work in DX:HR and Blood Money.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeushbien

Not a big fan of the lighting, though they seem to have toned it down from K&L 2.

Still, it's starting to look more like the Hitman we all know and love, and that's definetly a good thing.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rainbowkisses

I like the HUD and I'm glad that places for Agent 47 to hide and places for bodies to hide are now one in the same. That bothered me about Blood Money.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Dogma

@blueduck: But you can still do that, right? The game does not prevent you from aiming yourself. The point shooting is just an option and it also seems to drain your insticnt meter or what they called it. I don't see anything wrong in more options. It yet another way to get out of a situation. And since you get ponts for performance I bet you get more points for doing stuff manually.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By squirrelnacho

@Incapability: Your overly sarcastic posts basically says you really enjoyed a marketing trailer, and therefore you aren't going to listen to any comments. There are still real concerns about the gameplay, balancing, and level design, regardless of how cool you thought a trailer was.

Also, the instinct mode is just easy mode for people who mostly play linear action games. That's not what the series is about.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Looking forward to this one as someone who always liked the concept of the Hitman games, but found the gameplay too off putting to play them right through (barring the first, which I belligerently pushed through).

They are modernising while still seemingly preserving the core, and that's cool to me. Not to mention that making the game more accessible in OPTIONAL ways can only be a good thing for the franchise in terms of commercial success.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ManMadeGod said:

Looks really good. It's upsetting that people are bitching in the youtube comments. Why must gamers ALWAYS find something to complain about?

well it all started a year ago when ioi and square enix fired old cast and did it in very unprofessional manner. which is the reason for a first time im not giving any money to them, being long supporter of hitman, but im not going to tolerate that kind of employee treatment.

also checkpoints, i hope u can choose not to have em. if not, that really sux!

& where is the gun draw animation?!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

Oh yeah, this was posted on here before wasn't it?

nasseh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nasseh

Only watched halfway, and that's enough to convince me to buy this game, it looks excellent. I'll be playing on Purist mode though, because that UI seems pretty obtrusive.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By laserbolts

I never really got into the other Gorman games so I didn't really care about this one but after watching that gameplay I am getting this for sure. Looks awesome and the sneaking looks really fun.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By laserbolts

Can't edit dunno why my phone corrected to Gorman when I meant to type hitman.

kobr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kobr24

Blood Money is my favorite PS2 game ever. I've beaten the game probably 10+ times on all difficulties and got all titles for the missions on Pro. I think I know the game pretty well and I really don't understand a lot of the fear Hitman fans have for Absolution and a lot of it seems to come from a very poor memory of what Blood Money really was like. I can't imagine anyone really thought Blood Money was that difficult.

Blood Money is a very easy game with garbage AI and very limited options in terms of assassinations. I love the game, but let's not pretend it's some huge open sandbox. There are more options shown in the Chinatown trailer for killing a single target than there are to take down any of the marks in Blood Money. Take for example the "Murder of Crows" mission. You're in an open New Orleans setting with 3 targets to take out. There are about 2-3 ways to approach any one of those targets and really only 1 way to approach the male crow. The only variable in the whole mission is that the location of the male crow is randomized between I think 3 different bars. You can kill the boss by putting a bomb in the diamonds briefcase, or sneaking/disguising in and killing him inside the room or by sniping him. There is also a method where you can go through the back of a library and plant a bomb on the wall behind where he sits but it's a pretty lame kill. From the Chinatown trailer (which I haven't watched in a while) I remember quite a few methods off the top of my head. You can infiltrate the guard, you can snipe, poison his food, make some bricks (or was it wood?) fall on him, car bomb, lead him to your apartment, etc. This alone is more than any single target I can think of in Blood Money. Seeing as that seems to be a pretty early level I'm not very worried about the rest of the game.

An even more ridiculous notion is that instinct will somehow "casualize" Hitman. This is ridiculous because by design, instinct gives you far less information than is available to you in previous Hitman games. On Normal or lower difficulty settings, I can hit the map at any time and immediately know the presence and path of every single person on the map as well as which are hostile and which aren't. Assassination locations/important areas are also typically marked with "!" marks. Instinct mode is limited to your current field of vision and is a better game design choice because it doesn't interrupt the flow of gameplay.

Also, shooting wasn't particularly difficult in Blood Money either so improvements to the mechanics are just a good thing. Not to mention there is a boss fight and a shoot-em-up mission in that game as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.