Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

Brand new gameplay - "King of Chinatown" SANDBOX

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

"Oh, it's so linear. Oh it's so linear." SHUT UP YOU LOUSY WHINEY ZILCHES.

The crown dynamics seem pretty darned good, and dare I say I see more people on screen that Assassin's Creed? Anyways, the game looks cool as hell. Hey guys, what is your opinion about Hitman Absolution so they don't lock this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Man in a few years, they'll be able to have crowd sizes that big like it was the easiest thing to do. Right now they have to coax it out of the hardware with a whip and a chair.

But no one is going to change their opinion on the Internet. They've already selected a stance and now they'll ride it to the bitter end because modern culture doesn't allow you to admit you're wrong or change your mind.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Lookin' pretty good! Though now I hate myself for spoiling an entire mission >_> If this is really what they have planned for close to each mission as well, it makes me wonder what the developers meant when they themselves (?) said it has to be more ''linear''. Because that there looks like some A-Grade Hitman as it's always been known--including a little bit o' ragdoll :P

In any case, the music is at the very least assuredly fantastic. The replacement they got for Jesper Kyd couldn't have been more suited it seems.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ramone

This inspires a little bit of hope in me. I wasn't sure about what this game was going to be based on all the previous coverage I'd seen but that looks like some Hitman to me.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By napalm

Luke Valentine? Fucking goddamn it, I wish that was my name. Also, this looks cool.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    What  is it with Hitman and Asian countries? Hitman 1 opens in China, Hitman 2 has a few Japan levels if I'm not mistaken, Blood Money.... hmm.. did BM have missions in far Asia? 
    I no longer have a point, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that Hitman feels like it doesn't have a good enough diversity in locations! But then again I've only played the first two missions of 1, first six missions of 2, and first seven missions of Blood Money.. 

What am I saying? I hate it when I have opinions of something I barely know enough about.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@AhmadMetallic: Contracts also places you in Hong Kong amidst a turf war between two Triad gangs. Also you haven't played nearly as much Hitman as I'd have gathered... I thought you were meant to be a super fan of the series or something?

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By WightnNerdy

Holy shit that looked incredible.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By TheHT

Looks like a Hitman game with some new fixin's. Great.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By fjordson

That looked pretty damn cool.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By squirrelnacho

@buzz_killington said:

This thread is a dupe. Unless you have played the other Hitman games, and this mission, you can't say the levels are truley as big and dynamic as the other games and that it's not more linear. Other Hitman games let you in dozens of rooms and buildings in one level. Right now, this is just a big open walkway with a lot of NPCs to make it feel bigger. Take the biggest level size and Blood Money (or even the average) and compare it to the overall size of the levels in this game. Until then, most signs point to this game having scaled down levels. Hopefully, that's not true.

@AhmadMetallic said:

What is it with Hitman and Asian countries? Hitman 1 opens in China, Hitman 2 has a few Japan levels if I'm not mistaken, Blood Money.... hmm.. did BM have missions in far Asia? I no longer have a point, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that Hitman feels like it doesn't have a good enough diversity in locations! But then again I've only played the first two missions of 1, first six missions of 2, and first seven missions of Blood Money.. What am I saying? I hate it when I have opinions of something I barely know enough about.

Absolution will take place almost entirely in one city. So unfortunately this game will be very limited in terms of settings, which is very dissapointing.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By strainedeyes

Definitely inspires more hope than that damn trailer.

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
    indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By indiana_jenkins

My mind is at ease.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xeirus

@squirrelnacho said:

@buzz_killington said:

This thread is a dupe. Unless you have played the other Hitman games, and this mission, you can't say the levels are truley as big and dynamic as the other games and that it's not more linear. Other Hitman games let you in dozens of rooms and buildings in one level. Right now, this is just a big open walkway with a lot of NPCs to make it feel bigger. Take the biggest level size and Blood Money (or even the average) and compare it to the overall size of the levels in this game. Until then, most signs point to this game having scaled down levels. Hopefully, that's not true.

@AhmadMetallic said:

What is it with Hitman and Asian countries? Hitman 1 opens in China, Hitman 2 has a few Japan levels if I'm not mistaken, Blood Money.... hmm.. did BM have missions in far Asia? I no longer have a point, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that Hitman feels like it doesn't have a good enough diversity in locations! But then again I've only played the first two missions of 1, first six missions of 2, and first seven missions of Blood Money.. What am I saying? I hate it when I have opinions of something I barely know enough about.

Absolution will take place almost entirely in one city. So unfortunately this game will be very limited in terms of settings, which is very dissapointing.

The way I look at it, if you want those old games, go play them. This game looks badass and just as fun. People are always negative right up until they spend the money and buy it anyway.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Coafi

I like what I see, and I'm terrible at stealth games. I've never played a Hitman game, so I may attempt to play Blood Money, before I play this.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zaccheus

@Coafi said:

I like what I see, and I'm terrible at stealth games. I've never played a Hitman game, so I may attempt to play Blood Money, before I play this.

I just played Blood Money again and it's still excellent. You need a certain attitude though. Patrick really put it well in the podcast.

Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Packie

Yes. YES! This is what I wanted to see IO. Took you so goddamn long didn't it.

Hope has been restored.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IBurningStar

They finally released some footage that I don't hate.

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
    deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks pretty good, hope has been restored indeed

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty cool. Interested to see more.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By falserelic

He killed so smoothly.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pyrodactyl

ok I'm back on board, let's just hope this is one of the simpler levels.

big levels with multiple targets and other objectives are essencial to make a good hitman game

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By droop

I had full faith in IO not fucking this up too hard. That preview looks sweet!

Edit: Did anyone else notice there were still "sniffing cocaine" sounds when Hitman was stabbin' that dude (8:04).

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Nilazz

Well at least it looks like a Hitman game now.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

#25  Edited By Mikey2D

Looks great - can't wait for this game. It'll probably end up in my game of the year list.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Tennmuerti

Allright, not bad! This makes me way more hopefull for the game.

@Brodehouse said:

But no one is going to change their opinion on the Internet. They've already selected a stance and now they'll ride it to the bitter end because modern culture doesn't allow you to admit you're wrong or change your mind.

HA!

You're way too pessimistic dude :P

Some people won't sure. But that's basic human psycology aplicable to everything. Admiting being wrong or even a little mistaken is hard for a lot of people in general (not exclusive to opinions on the internet).

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Tennmuerti said:

Allright, not bad! This makes me way more hopefull for the game.

@Brodehouse said:

HA!

You're way too pessimistic dude :P

Some people won't sure. But that's basic human psycology aplicable to everything. Admiting being wrong or even a little mistaken is hard for a lot of people in general (not exclusive to opinions on the internet).

Here I am, hiding my "HITMAN SOLD OUT" guns that I had readied up, and changing my mind. That level looks pretty damn Hitman alright. So no, opinions change on the internet, when something worthy changes them.
    time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By time allen

looks like hitman. more than anything, i'm pleased with the number of civilians on screen. actually looks like a semi-real town.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jillsandwich

*dude crushed by hanging palette while pissing*

*haunting angelic choir*

I like this game already.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By squirrelnacho
    kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kindgineer

Never understood the hatred towards linear games, but I guess I'm the kind of guy who likes to be part of a fleshed out story. I guess that's why no one reads books anymore, can't get much more linear than that.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Maajin

The whole place looks full of references to the few first Hitman missions, doesn't it? Especially that center square:

No Caption Provided
    squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By squirrelnacho

@ck1nd said:

Never understood the hatred towards linear games, but I guess I'm the kind of guy who likes to be part of a fleshed out story. I guess that's why no one reads books anymore, can't get much more linear than that.

That doesn't really make sense. Have you ever played a Hitman game (or a completely open world GTA game). Most modern games with non-linear levels have fleshed out stories.

Rather, some people just don't want to have to make decisions when they play games. They just the game to tell them what to do (linear levels).

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By InternetCrab

What they show is what seems like a classic Hitman game. If they make sure they include the gameplay choices that were in Blood Money, I am pretty convinced. I was very happy when they said: ''Or shoot them with a handgun, that's up to you''. NOW HELL YEAH! Now, it's starting to look like Hitman.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MikeFightNight

Been a fan of the franchise since the first PC game and have been looking forward to a new Hitman game ever since Blood Money. I am debating whether I want to watch this video or not, but I have total faith in what the IO guys will do. Every Hitman game has gotten significantly better. For me what makes the games is how awesome the concept for the missions are. I thought every mission in Blood Money was memorable and hopefully this game will do the same.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By Sackmanjones

I really wanna watch but I must resist!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By AndrewB

Every time a game like this comes out, there's this push an pull between media outlets and their coverage. Everyone seems to be reporting different things about this game regarding how closely it sticks to the open-ended Hitman formula, so I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. As people without access to the game, our expectations are shaped by what is being reported.

So that said, it's good to see a video like this that gives me hope that they're just building off the the excellent Blood Money. Every time they show a clip where 47 is getting through things by just shooting everything, it almost feels like the guy showing it off has a gun to *his* head, and is pretty much telling you not to do it that way. That's *not* how a Hitman game is supposed to be played. It's not realistic, and it's not in the spirit of the type of assassin Agent 47 is supposed to be.

Still *really* want a Jesper Kyd soundtrack, though.

Avatar image for funky_pasta_tommy
    Funky_Pasta_Tommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for posting the vid. Love me some hitman and I never really thought this was going to be a bad game, maybe this video will reassure some people that while they may be chopping and changing some things, they're gonna keep the heart of of the series intact.

More then can be said of MGS: Rising.

=(

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Yummylee

Gotten into a real Hitman buzz lately. I played some Blood Money, mostly screwing about (the suburbs mission in particular has so many fun ways to play things out), but I really want to play some Hitman: Contracts again, but I've apparently lost my copy. It was my first Hitman game, so it's the one that really struck with me. I got so addicted to the thing as well, I managed to get Silent Assassin on all missions besides the last - seriously, that last mission is simultaneously hilarious and incredibly aggravating.

My favourite level for Contracts was the Hotel level. The Hotel was so big! It offered so much versatility, and simply exploring the Hotel itself was such a pleasure. I remember there were rooms in there that had ghosts as well, near a crime scene. Kinda random, but neat all the same.

Really hope the rumours about the HD collection of Hitman games is true; really wouldn't mind finally giving Hitman 2 Silent Assassin a go.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RobotHamster

Man it's looks so good, wish I didn't spoil it for myself but I couldn't resist.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By Deranged

Wow, colour me impressed.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By leebmx

We will see. I was never really that worried about the gameplay as it is really hard to show of stealth (especially Hitman gameplay) in an entertaining trailer and I am prepared to give them he benefit of the doubt - having said that I will be suprised if we get as much freedom as Blood Money. I think developers are scared of frightening of the action fans.

I was more worried about the hideous nuns trailer they put out. Really made me worry about the taste of the developers. Hopefully it was done outside IO.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By mfpantst

I'm on, here's my wallet

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By squirrelnacho

@leebmx said:

We will see. I was never really that worried about the gameplay as it is really hard to show of stealth (especially Hitman gameplay) in an entertaining trailer and I am prepared to give them he benefit of the doubt - having said that I will be suprised if we get as much freedom as Blood Money. I think developers are scared of frightening of the action fans.

I was more worried about the hideous nuns trailer they put out. Really made me worry about the taste of the developers. Hopefully it was done outside IO.

Yes, there will still be some freedom, but we don't yet know how much compared to the other games.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PokeIkzai

Blood Money was just a special game in its own right. I think most people who played it would agree with that. There are a lot of fears with gaming getting seemingly less complicated that the same will happen to Hitman. I don't know what is reasonable to expect from this game. What I want is it to be every bit as deep as Blood Money but with better graphics, haha. Anyway this footage was pretty hot, mate. I'm looking forward to the game big time.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By innacces14

It's sad that this video exists. IO's hand was forced really thanks to the bad response they got courtesy of Square-Enix releasing that nun trailer, but in doing so they've pretty much ruined the spectacle one could have gotten from exploring China Town. Not to mention that crowd reveal was absolutely astounding. Day 1 for me.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By squirrelnacho

@innacces14 said:

It's sad that this video exists. IO's hand was forced really thanks to the bad response they got courtesy of Square-Enix releasing that nun trailer, but in doing so they've pretty much ruined the spectacle one could have gotten from exploring China Town. Not to mention that crowd reveal was absolutely astounding. Day 1 for me.

We still don't know how big the E3 demo is. There are other features from Blood Money that we don't know will be in Absolution, like the notoriety system. The E3 demo was a step in the right direction, but it's still too early to say if this has been watered down at all from Blood Money. The fact that they list the ways to complete each mission in the game says they a moving towards an easier and simpler game.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Roger778

There's no doubt in my mind, now! This really does look like a Hitman Game. Also, I love the different ways you can use to kill your target; Either noisy, or silent. It's exactly the way Blood Money played, and because of that, I'm excited.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zeushbien

Too much lens flare for my tastes, but but some cool animations, like the knife throw :)

Incapability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By Incapability

@squirrelnacho: Watch the blood pressure, there. Wouldn't want to bust an artery over absolutely nothing, now would we?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.