Hitman 5 confirmed

#1 Posted by Sackmanjones (4708 posts) -

Well I was just reading the article on Ign that Hollywood is on track to make the second movie in the Hitman series.... but I could care less really when I read this sentence

" Variety reported last year that the sequel will be based on the Eidos game Hitman 5, which they said at the time was set for a late 2010 release. "   The whole article right here

Anyone else excited!! I love the Hitman series and hope they can bring some more innovative ideas to the series

#2 Posted by xyzygy (9999 posts) -

I thought this was already confirmed a little while ago? 

#3 Edited by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@xyzygy said:

" I thought this was already confirmed a little while ago?  "

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere, yeah.

Still, nice to hear about it again! Love the Hitman games.
#4 Edited by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

This was announced awhile ago but late 2010?  they haven't shown anything of it though have they?

#5 Posted by Sackmanjones (4708 posts) -
@General_D23:  I really like blood money but I'm exicted to see what they can do know with the technology cause if I remember right Blood Money was released near the beginning of the x360 right?
#6 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@Sackmanjones:
Yeah, it was definitely an Xbox and Xbox 360 title stuck between generations. I played it on the original Xbox. I'm excited to see what they can do now, too.
#7 Posted by Sackmanjones (4708 posts) -
@General_D23:  I would really like to see some HUGE environments that truly but your creativity to the test
#8 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I'm very excited.

#9 Posted by Sackmanjones (4708 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47:  I would have never guessed by your name =)
#10 Posted by bwooduhs (1617 posts) -
@ShaneDev said:
" This was announced awhile ago but late 2010?  they haven't shown anything of it though have they? "
E3 possibly?
#11 Edited by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -
#12 Posted by AndrewB (7624 posts) -

As long as development isn't affected by the need to get it out in time with the movie, or that it isn't hampered by being a movie-game tie-in, I'll be happy. As it is now, I'm cautiously optimistic. I freaking love Hitman, but I'm done with Blood Money and Hitman 2, and the first game feels so dated I know I'm never going to finish it, so I'm dying for more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.