Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

Hitman: Absolution & me

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Cthulad

This is my first foray into the Hitman world. I am really liking it so far, but I don't think it is my style of game. I can see a direct route to where I need to go, and head that way, but then at the end with the breakdown of how you got through the mission, I notice a lot of things that could have been done. This might make me want to play it more, and repeat the level, or go over the game a few times, but I can't seem to look beyond the most obvious.

In the second mission (chinatown) I had taken the fastest approach to the level. Walk in, take out a guard, bring the target to me, kill, and walk out in front of everyone in the square. It just seemed a little too easy, and straight forward. I figured this out in the next level, as I am having a few issues getting to the tragets at the hotel. Getting in was nothing, finding the actual targets is what I can not seem to accomplish without alerting everyone to where I am, and having a giant shootout. I played through this scenario about 4 times for the better part of an hour, and finally getting tired as it was late, I gave it up, and went to bed.

I can't seem to get to the targets even when they appear on my map, and it is getting a little frustrating. I am really wanting to accomplish the goals, and get more story out of it as I go. Maybe because of the previous level being so straight forward, and easy, I need to forget about making harder for myself, and just hear straight for them. I should be able to disguise myself sufficiently to make it past a guard or two, so maybe that is how I will approach it tonight.

I also wanted to mention that since this is my first foray into the game I am only playing on normal, I don't expect to go harder difficulty, I don't enjoy games that are too hard to play through.

If anyone has any tips or tricks without spoiling too much of the game for me, please let me know. I am looking for anything that can help me out.

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cthulad

This is my first foray into the Hitman world. I am really liking it so far, but I don't think it is my style of game. I can see a direct route to where I need to go, and head that way, but then at the end with the breakdown of how you got through the mission, I notice a lot of things that could have been done. This might make me want to play it more, and repeat the level, or go over the game a few times, but I can't seem to look beyond the most obvious.

In the second mission (chinatown) I had taken the fastest approach to the level. Walk in, take out a guard, bring the target to me, kill, and walk out in front of everyone in the square. It just seemed a little too easy, and straight forward. I figured this out in the next level, as I am having a few issues getting to the tragets at the hotel. Getting in was nothing, finding the actual targets is what I can not seem to accomplish without alerting everyone to where I am, and having a giant shootout. I played through this scenario about 4 times for the better part of an hour, and finally getting tired as it was late, I gave it up, and went to bed.

I can't seem to get to the targets even when they appear on my map, and it is getting a little frustrating. I am really wanting to accomplish the goals, and get more story out of it as I go. Maybe because of the previous level being so straight forward, and easy, I need to forget about making harder for myself, and just hear straight for them. I should be able to disguise myself sufficiently to make it past a guard or two, so maybe that is how I will approach it tonight.

I also wanted to mention that since this is my first foray into the game I am only playing on normal, I don't expect to go harder difficulty, I don't enjoy games that are too hard to play through.

If anyone has any tips or tricks without spoiling too much of the game for me, please let me know. I am looking for anything that can help me out.

BillyMethers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BillyMethers

If you want to see what hitman games use to be start with Hitman 2 or Blood Money. (Contracts was a weird middle chapter game, but a Hitman game none the less)

Hitman Absolution is a complete reinvention of the franchise. Absolution is linear as compared to the previous games, which are open ended in gameplay and the map. The disguise system is a big complaint for a lot of people. So much that IO Interactive is working on making changes to it. (they say)

My advice would be to ignore the scoring system and the scoreboard in the upper left. Playing Hitman properly isn't about being silent or not being spotted, it's playing it how you want to play. Plenty of the previous games I've killed people with silenced gunshots and taken disguises. Absolution is a way different version of Hitman compared to the previous games in the series.

Play how you want to play, have fun, and don't mind being a little dirty if you have to. Just play however you want. Hope that helps.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By DocHaus

@Cthulad: Play Blood Money or Contracts instead.

As for this game: Don't rely on disguises too much in areas where multiple people wear the same one, tap the Instinct button to sneak by said people if you have no other choice, don't be too afraid of negative points as just completing the level will always knock you back into the positive side unless you take the mass-murderer route, try to hide bodies when you can, and if you can't then just get to the level exit as quick as you can, the next level/section's guards will forget all about any alarms.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

@BillyMethers: This is quite true. New players might get intimidated by the ever-present score on lower difficulties. Don't be. If you kill your targets and reach the exit you pass the requirements for the levels. Everything else is just variety and replay value. Even in Absolution which streamlines the possibilities quite a bit. Don't slavishly stealth if you don't enjoy it on your first go. Also it's absolutely impossible to reach all the level mastery achievements in one go. Those just point you towards various (often conflicting) tactics.

Edit: On the subject of the divisive disguise system I'd add that there's frequently a particular disguise (often just lying around in the level at a point of interest marked by the yellow blip) that has ample security clearance without many NPCs wearing it. If you find it you fool generic guards easily and still get access to restricted areas. In the Terminus Hotel mission a "Terminus Staff"-type disguise is the one to shoot for.

deathstroke75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By deathstroke75

As far as straight up tips for Chinatown (the first visit) as with any level, you can kill him a few different ways. Just Google hitman absolution the king of chinatown walkthrough or Google the particular achievement you are going for and you will get plenty of vids on it.

A thing that I started using more often in the middle of the game was straight up distractions with thrown objects. I would run into a guard or a situation where I would always get busted and realized the only way to get that person was to bring them to me via distraction. Sure it is a system you learn early on, just one I found myself not having to use a lot until a bit later.

Certain sabotages will require actions by you the player. Sabotaging a gas pump might be enough if the guy next to it is smoking a cigarette, but if he doesn't smoke you will need to find an alternative to getting a spark with him in the area.

Also another thing I will do is when I'm spotted or something I will just run and start checking out all the point of interest stuff, looking for new weapons, disguises, access points, etc. Just helps me get a good lay of the level, and since I've boned up the mission anyway might as well see all that I can see.

And the disguise system can be rough, but I imagine it like the guys in a squad know who is in that squad and would recognize someone out of place. Also, it is likely Dexter has passed around your image to his guys saying be on the lookout for this guy. Disguises are nice, but without Instinct they can get you into trouble.

Enjoy the game, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By YOU_DIED

@BillyMethers said:

If you want to see what hitman games use to be start with Hitman 2 or Blood Money. (Contracts was a weird middle chapter game, but a Hitman game none the less)

You know, people always shit on Contracts (not saying you are), and I don't understand why. I still play it sometimes, it's quite fun.

Avatar image for vindictivepotato
    VindictivePotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By VindictivePotato

My only recommendation is to be patient and try to find ways of getting to your goal.

And if all else fails, and you can't take anymore, either take a break and revisit it later or if you wanted to just get it over with; there are a lot of resources or walkthroughs online.

I'm currently exploring each level one by one and uploading my walkthroughs of ways I think is the easiest to get through the levels with as little effort as possible. I have the first 10 levels up so far. If you want to check them out, shoot me a message and I'll throw you the link to the videos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.