Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition for $29.25 on GMG

#1 Edited by Butano (1686 posts) -

So Green Man Gaming has once again broken through my "I don't preorder games" barrier by having Hitman cost $29.25 here in the US by using the coupon code "GMG35-FGR37-COY0B", and judging by some early reviews of the game, it's a fantastic deal!

So, fellow Bombadeers, Happy Thanksgiving! Go strangle some baddies!

EDIT: Here's the link http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/hitman-absolution-professional-edition-na/

EDIT EDIT: Holy shite, my 1000th post. Nice!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Activates on Steam also!

#2 Posted by mclakers (125 posts) -

Already got my pre order

#3 Posted by ThunderSlash (1373 posts) -

Also of note is Quantum Conundrum for about $4 if you use the code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R

Must. Not. Give in to the urge to buy more games.

#4 Posted by YOU_DIED (696 posts) -

I paid $33 yesterday. FUCK!

#5 Posted by TheNose14 (14 posts) -

Nice! Thanks... I guess. I really shouldn't be spending more money. BUT HOW CAN I PASS UP A DEAL?!

#6 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

I think if you wait a week or two after release you'll see this game for 25. I just don't think it'll sell and I think Square realizes this. I got Sleeping dogs for 19 bucks 2 weeks after release. Even Square was selling preorders for 34.99 on their own site a month ago and it came with a Hitman Tie.

#7 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I would buy so many more games if they launched at 30, I wonder if all the non AAA games coming out would make more money by launching their games at 30.

#8 Edited by Sackmanjones (4610 posts) -
@Butano: I have been patiently waiting for the price to drop just a tiny bit more. I woke up this morning and said "Fine, $36 bucks is a solid deal. I just get it." Then I saw this post and now my day is made. I thank you with a million thanks! 

EDIT: Man, reviews for this game are all over the place which kinda sucks. I take reviews with a grain of salt but I feel like I may be slightly disappointed. Oh well, for 29 bucks, its worth the gamble.
#9 Posted by kimbokasteniv (115 posts) -

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Just cancelled my Amazon pre-order which was $20 more.

#10 Posted by RobotHamster (4156 posts) -

Dammit I really don't buy games new anymore but for $30 I can't really pass on this and it is looking pretty good!

#11 Posted by kishinfoulux (2083 posts) -

Of course it's out of stock now. :-(

#12 Posted by kimbokasteniv (115 posts) -

@kishinfoulux:

Hmmm, I wonder if they really had a set amount of copies they were willing to sell at that price, or if it has gone out of stock since gmg has released the keys for preload.

Ah, well. Guess you missed out by just a few hours.

#13 Posted by kishinfoulux (2083 posts) -

Awesome they got it back in stock. Just made my purchase. It's as if the universe felt my frustration of not being able to find a Wii U anywhere and rewarded me with this nice consolation prize. ^_^

#14 Posted by SoulTaker (131 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought a copy.

#15 Posted by Scotto (1115 posts) -

@Jazzycola said:

I think if you wait a week or two after release you'll see this game for 25. I just don't think it'll sell and I think Square realizes this. I got Sleeping dogs for 19 bucks 2 weeks after release. Even Square was selling preorders for 34.99 on their own site a month ago and it came with a Hitman Tie.

Sleeping Dogs was a different situation, because it had zero consumer or media confidence as it was coming out, because everyone knew what a clusterfuck it's development was, and clusterfucks rarely result in a good game.

#16 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

@Scotto: I would say the same could be said for Hitman.

#17 Posted by DougQuaid (1267 posts) -

I was planning on buying this for 360, but this deal is too good to pass up. Ended up saving forty dollars.

#18 Posted by benspyda (1900 posts) -

I can get the non professional edition for that price where I am but I am cautious as I heard this game doesn't run that well on PC. That and I just bought spec ops off green man gaming for $6. I'll wait for the quick look I think.

#19 Posted by Scotto (1115 posts) -

You would, except it'd be completely inaccurate. Sleeping Dogs was the strange bastard offspring of what was once a sequel to a completely unremarkable GTA knockoff that no one ever really cared about. It changed hands several times, took years to be released, and no one expected it to be very good. None of any of this applies to the Hitman series.

#20 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

@Scotto: Hitman has been in development since 09(when they confirmed it) and could've been in development for much longer. This is about the same development time of the original True Crime 3 game(was confirmed via the 2009 VGA awards). No one expected hitman: absolution to be any good post-2012 E3 just listen to any particular podcast that talks about it. The developers of HItman: Absolution haven't made a really great game since 2006(K & L and K & L 2). All of what you said can be applied to Hitman: Absolution so yeah it's not completely innaccurate.

#21 Posted by gaminghooligan (1352 posts) -

dude you're my friggin hero! I just got the game for that price with 10mins left in the sale! I was running for my Credit Card lol, transaction completed with 2mins left. Thank you so much man.

#22 Posted by Stokes (179 posts) -

GMG will not work with any of my cards despite showing that they are accepted ones...

#23 Posted by Asurastrike (2152 posts) -

Wow, thanks. I was going to wait to buy Hitman, but at $30 I got it today.

#24 Posted by Ujio (565 posts) -

@Butano said:

So Green Man Gaming has once again broken through my "I don't preorder games" barrier by having Hitman cost $29.25 here in the US by using the coupon code "GMG35-FGR37-COY0B", and judging by some early reviews of the game, it's a fantastic deal!

So, fellow Bombadeers, Happy Thanksgiving! Go strangle some baddies!

EDIT: Here's the link http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/hitman-absolution-professional-edition-na/

EDIT EDIT: Holy shite, my 1000th post. Nice!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Activates on Steam also!

And this is precisely why I call bullshit on console developers who bitch and moan about how they aren't making any money, yet PC games CONTINUALLY sell for lower and/or have great deals on new release games all the time compared to consoles.

And supposedly PC gaming has been "dying" for years yet they consistently undercut their sales.

It's all fucking bullshit.

#25 Posted by AlexW00d (6065 posts) -

@Stokes said:

GMG will not work with any of my cards despite showing that they are accepted ones...

A lot of US credit card companies think GMG is a gambling website cause they live in the 60s and that's what gaming means, I guess? I dunno. Go shout at your credit card company 'til they realise.

#26 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -
@AlexW00d

@Stokes said:

A lot of US credit card companies think GMG is a gambling website cause they live in the 60s and that's what gaming means, I guess? I dunno. Go shout at your credit card company 'til they realise.

Fuck, this might be why Bank of America blocked my card...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.