Hitman Absolution is scheduled for release in early 2012 or in late autumn-christmas 2011. The game will not be good, that is what i have noticed. From all the confirmed information, from all the gameplay from E3, from all the trailers, i have discovered sense of it ending up as a bad game. Let's start with the confirmed information:
- Jesper Kyd, the long time composer of the OST, has been dumped and replaced by Peter Kyed and Peter Peter.
- The actor who does the voice of Agent 47, David Bateson, has been kicked out, but the replacement's name is not confirmed.
- Players will no longer be able to manually save the game.
- The game will only take place in the United States, one place is Chicago, all other areas are unconfirmed.
- The main antagonist is revealed to be Blake Dexter, a new character to the series. He will be voiced by Keith Carradine.
- Players will be able to utilize a ''tag-and-kill'' mechanism during Instinct mode that is similair to the one in Red Dead Redemption.
- A new mode called ''Instinct'' works much like the detective mode in Batman: Arkham Asylum. It is powered by a bar that works similair to the ''Mark and Execute'' feature in Splinter Cell: Conviction as it is fueled by silent take-downs.
- There is no map screen. Instinct mode replaces it.
- Agent 47's handler, Diana Burnwood, has a 'close relationship' with Agent 47 in Absolution.
That is some confirmed information. As you have read, most of it really are not good things.
In an interview with IO, they said :''It will be a familiar and yet a significantly different experience from other Hitman Games.'' Ok, let's think for a second. How many times have you heard that and it have turned out to be a good game? Zero. When they say that or something alike, it's just like saying: ''Fuck you, we're making a bad game.''
Another thing that caught my attention was that you can see through walls and see through time in this game. That's right, this game has turned into Back to the Future. Common, Agent 47 is not a fucking super robot that can see through walls, space, and time. Get real, IO. They have confirmed that you will be able to see where for example a guard, is going to go in the future. I got a feeling that is going to make the game way to easy and less stealthy. Another confirmed thing is that you will be able to interact with objects to hit your enemies with. In a trailer, 47 goes behind a junkie and takes his bong and hits his head with it. Why the hell would a hitman do that when you have fiber wire, sedative, and poison?
Another thing i have noticed in the trailers are that Agent 47 kills about 10 dudes to get to Diana in the trailer. This is connected because IO said that they would 'tease' the stealth gamers and go into a action direction. If you're looking for a action game with missions, go play Call of Duty or Battlefield. There are few good stealth games out there today. Hitman is one of them. Now Hitman is turning into a action game instead of a epic stealth game.
There you go that is my proof while Hitman Absolution will be a bad game.