Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

Hitman is 40 bucks at walmart. It's a great bourne identity game.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

I was going to buy persona 4 golden today but walmart didn't have it. Then I saw hitman was only 40 bucks, so I bought that. Hitman absolution is not a good hitman game, but an awesome bourne identity game. The escaping from the police and getting on the train part felt so much like a bourne set piece I loved it. Also it feels like there is a pinch of assassin's creed 1 in there too.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hbkdx12

Is it a sale or a price drop? Its kind of sad to see stuff like this happen assuming its a price drop. I mean, if you can get a game on sale/bargain than so be i but a Price reduction this quick suggests the game is bad which its not. Just different from past games. On the flip side, its kind of disgusting to see cod games from like 2 or 3 iterations ago that are still retailing for around 50 bucks

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Phoenix778m

Best Hitman game ever. I

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Phoenix778m
    @Phoenix778m
    Best Hitman game ever. I
    I hope the make many more of them and those people that can't evolve with the series get left behind.
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Phoenix778m said:

@Phoenix778m
    Best Hitman game ever. I
    I hope the make many more of them and those people that can't evolve with the series get left behind.

haha I'm glad someone agrees with you...

No I'm kind of kidding, but they fundamentally changed the series. I don't think it's a bad game but yeah they changed what Hitman is. It isn't an "evolution". It's a genre change.

I'll be interested to see how this does. They may have drove away the Hitman fans and we'll see if they can get the stealth/action audience.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DrStrangepork

How many different message boards are you going to make this exact same topic in?

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By metal_mills
    @Phoenix778m said:
    @Phoenix778m
    Best Hitman game ever. I
    I see Squares marketing team has failed yet again. Well done.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Winternet

Having played every game of the Hitman series, including Hitman 2 and Blood Money to exhausting, I can't understand why people think it's a bad Hitman game. Sure it changes things around (if it didn't, wouldn't people just bitch about how it's just the same as Blood Money?), but as murdering simulators go it's the best out there in the market. It plays better, it looks better, it sounds better. I personally liked it more when I was working for the agency and doing jobs instead of this girl and shit, but hey, it's still a great game.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Sooty

@Winternet said:

Having played every game of the Hitman series, including Hitman 2 and Blood Money to exhausting, I can't understand why people think it's a bad Hitman game. Sure it changes things around (if it didn't, wouldn't people just bitch about how it's just the same as Blood Money?), but as murdering simulators go it's the best out there in the market. It plays better, it looks better, it sounds better. I personally liked it more when I was working for the agency and doing jobs instead of this girl and shit, but hey, it's still a great game.

Broken disguise system, reduction in the sandbox and stupid checkpoint system. That's why it's a bit of a bad Hitman game.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Winternet

@Sooty said:

@Winternet said:

Broken disguise system, reduction in the sandbox and stupid checkpoint system. That's why it's a bit of a bad Hitman game.

There was no checkpoints in the previous game, so the existence of checkpoints, even if they're bad (which I never had a problem with), does not make it a bad Hitman game. The sandbox aspect is debatable. But, yes, I agree with that. (Isn't the Contracts mode kinda their response to that?)

The disguise system, now that I don't understand. At least there is a system now. In previous games it was much like a trial and error thing "Does this disguise work here? Yep, it totally does, great! Let's poison someone" or "Does it work here? Nope, there they are, raising their eyebrows and oh wait, now they're screaming at me. Guess it's time to reload that save". Yes, people raising suspicion from a mile away looks dumb, but at least you know what is going on and that gives you time to respond accordingly. If you're wearing a guard uniform, it makes sense that other guards can look through your disguise, not like previously where you go to a south american villa and the guards are all hispanic and then BOOM here's an albino guard and all is well. "Oh wait, now everything turned to shit. But, guys, I am a guard hey guys. Ooohhh, this part is for different guards. Oh ok, cool. Let's reload that save"

Absolution is so much better at telling the player what is going on.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Humanity

@Phoenix778m: I was ready to really defend Hitman but as an avid fan I just can't understand some of the changes. Theres a lot of really good ideas in this Hitman game but so many weird steps in the completely wrong direction. It seems as if they've been making the disguise system worse and worse with time. When it was just 100% fool proof in the first game that was really fun, once they started introducing suspicion it started to get annoying mostly because it's not a really good stealth game. Everything is based around "hiding in plain sight" instead of sneaking around.

Still a fun game but yah, they changed some fundamental systems that should have been left alone.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

@Sooty said:

@Winternet said:

First off people need to pop in the old games and realize the old levels were NOT that large I'll give you that some of them may have been a tad more dense with options BUT they were not any bigger than anything in Absolution. Secondly the disguise system broken? Uh, Id rather the disguise system be this way then the win button it was in past games. As much as I loved blood money the lenience that they gave you with the costumes was ridiculous. God forbid you have to mix in stealth skills while wearing a costume in a stealth game. I'll give you the checkpoint system that is real dumb.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Meltac

Just got it for 30 bucks from Amazon. At that price I can't really complain if it turns out, that I don't like how they've changed the Hitman-formula.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.