Hitman: Sniper Challenge

#1 Edited by Mikey2D (219 posts) -

Has anyone else been enjoying the Hitman: Sniper Challenge? I was a little surprised to see there wasn't already a post about this.

For those that don't know, Hitman: Sniper Challenge is a stand alone level in which Agent 47 has a sniper rifle and is looking down over a rooftop party and must assassinate a main target and 10 or so guards within 15 minutes. The level is available to those that preorder Hitman Absolution. The game rewards you for achieveing various challenges throughout the level. It's a fun bit of DLC and i've found it to be quite enjoyable. The developers themselves said that its a level that will take a long time to master.

Has anyone else been playing / enjoying it? There's a trailer below for those that are interested

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

This is the first time I'm hearing about this.

#3 Posted by Heavystormdk (51 posts) -
#4 Posted by HatKing (6060 posts) -

I hear a lot about it in advertisements at work. Is this something that you download to your respected platform, or is just a PC download? I sort of assumed it'd be a poorly done flash game used as a vehicle for GameStop promotions and contests.

#5 Posted by DocHaus (1359 posts) -

No, it's a standalone mini-game with graphics and hiding bodies of targets with the sheer force generated from your bullets and everything. You download it to your platform of choice (360 in my case) after you get the code from wherever you preorder it (PC after August 1, 360/PS3 right now). You're supposed to shoot some weapons contractor and 12 of his bodyguards to "send a message," but your only weapon is a sniper rifle. So you have to hide the bodies by shooting people off of rooftops, into pools, hedgerows, what have you. It's actually kind of entertaining, especially the little Easter Eggs they hide around the level. You can shoot them and get achievements, and you can retry the game as many times as you like until the release date iirc.

#6 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

DocHaus pretty much covered it. The only thing to add is that as you build up your overall score, you'll unlock upgrades for the full game.

I've completed all of the challenges and can get Silent Assassin. But I can only get 2.2 million points. The highest just over 5 million, however he managed that. 

Fun little thing, better than I was expecting. I must have spent 2 hours with it.

#7 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3503 posts) -

I hope you can adjust the sensitivity of the hair trigger in the full game because I almost always just end up firing instead of holding breath / slowing time.

#8 Posted by Strife777 (1610 posts) -

Wow, I didn't think it was something you got right away, but only when the game came out. That's pretty cool.

Thing is, I want to pre-order the "Professional Edition" but it doesn't seem to be available at the moment, for some reason.

#9 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

That sounds pretty handy, but i fucking hate preorder exclusives.

#10 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I just picked this up at Elgiganten/Elkjøp here in Norway. They had a whole row of pre-order cases for about 49NOK. I didn't even need to pre-order it to get the challenge-demo(I did pre-order it however since it's fucking Hitman)

Pretty neat and much better than the usual weapon/armor/character skin crap most other pre-orders have.

#11 Posted by dudeglove (8149 posts) -

Can't help but feel the bird bit at the end is a fuck you to AssCreed

#12 Posted by mortface (110 posts) -

If you download this, can you still cancel a pre-order? When I first heard they were making a new Hitman game, I was absolutely certain that I wanted it so the pre-order seemed obvious. At the moment, I'm a whole lot less certain about this and I don't want to get burned like I did with Max Payne 3..

#13 Posted by Glottery (1361 posts) -

Was surprised at how fun and well-made this was, almost like half a mission seperated from the actual game. Made me look forwards to Absolution even more.

#14 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

@JMatrix said:

Was surprised at how fun and well-made this was, almost like half a mission seperated from the actual game. Made me look forwards to Absolution even more.

Agreed. I've been playing a few minutes of it everyday, thoroughly enjoying it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.