Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

Latest E3 previews - not so linear after all?

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jmfinamore

A few sites have started posting previews of the latest Hitman: Absolution level. It seems like the game may actually be sandbox-y and not as linear as the initial gameplay trailers showed. The previews cover a new Chinatown level that's a big open space full of NPCs. Like in other Hitman games, you have a few options of how to take out the target. I guess we don't know how the game will turn out for sure, but it's certainly a good sign.

Links:

Digital Spy

Computer and Vidoegames

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By squirrelnacho

It still seems fairly small, and it only showed him go in one building. As of right now, it's just an open walkway with a lot of NPC's to make it feel big. Compare that map to the biggest blood money maps like the hotel level with dozens of rooms you can go in.

We really need to see the full map, and see if there's anything close to being as big and multi-level as blood money and the other hitman games.

Also, where's the cool music from the other games? It just has generic suspense music now.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jmfinamore

@squirrelnacho: True, but I'm hoping it's just an early, straightforward level and all that stuff is still in there. At very least, this seems to be the first evidence that the game at least somewhat resembles the previous ones and isn't just Hitman: Conviction.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RedRoach

@squirrelnacho said:

It still seems fairly small, and it only showed him go in one building. As of right now, it's just an open walkway with a lot of NPC's to make it feel big. Compare that map to the biggest blood money maps like the hotel level with dozens of rooms you can go in.

We really need to see the full map, and see if there's anything close to being as big and multi-level as blood money and the other hitman games.

Also, where's the cool music from the other games? It just has generic suspense music now.

I read a preview of this level on Gamespot. They spent about 2 hours on the level, and figured about 6 or so ways to assassinate their target.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Man, I remember when Contracts came out and people bitched about it being a retread (which to be fair, it mostly was). I remember when news about Blood Money started coming out, and people bitched that they were dumbing it down when the devs said "We want to make sure that if shit hits the fan, the player has options. It's not an instant fail-state." Oh, right, Blood Money was only the best Hitman game, precisely because it was so malleable.

So when the devs say, for Absolution, that they want the player to feel tempted to go guns blazing, to lose control and give into violence, that it's somehow going to make the game shite. That the levels won't be open, that they won't have many different paths to the same target. I'm calling bullshit on that. Absolution will be the best Hitman game.

TL;DR - have some fucking faith. These are the Hitman people.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hoossy

After reading those links, I am now doing pelvic thrusts of joy! I CAN NOT WAIT

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Oldirtybearon said:

...they want the player to feel tempted to go guns blazing, to lose control and give into violence

That's one of the (many) things I loved so much about Blood Money. 

You want to be slick, you want to be clever, you want it to look like an accident, but in the back of your mind you always know that if need be, you have the skills to bury everyone in town. 
    Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Cybexx

The latest Gametrailers interview makes this sound like Hitman-ass Hitman game.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By squirrelnacho

@Cybexx said:

The latest Gametrailers interview makes this sound like Hitman-ass Hitman game.

Some of the comments of that interview are exactly why some games are getting dumbed down. "Wow the trailer has guns and hawt chix, dis is my first Hitman game!". Call it what is it. There were comments like that on Giantbomb.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Cybexx

I think that commentor is being sarcastic. Though with the internet being what it is its really hard to tell some times.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @hoossy said:

After reading those links, I am now doing pelvic thrusts of joy! I CAN NOT WAIT

You seem happy, unless I'm reading the wrong signals
    JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JackOhara

I'm skeptical, but I guess we'll just have til November to see for ourselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.