Seems Hitman 5 is more or less confirmed now, coming to E3.

Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (881 posts) -

The past few weeks have been busy for the hardcore Hitman fans who frequent hitmanforums.com. On the 25th of February a forumite started a thread about a possible ARG. Turns out he was right. There where not many stages in this ARG, and I personally think it was kinda weak compared to some of the bigger ones out there, but we got a few cool pictures out of it. The best is definitely the last one, which most likely is a shot from the game. 
The ARG can be read here, and for those who are really impatient: Here is the final image

As well as the image from the game, a date came up. So it seems we can look forward to seeing Hitman 5 at the next E3.

#1 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (881 posts) -

The past few weeks have been busy for the hardcore Hitman fans who frequent hitmanforums.com. On the 25th of February a forumite started a thread about a possible ARG. Turns out he was right. There where not many stages in this ARG, and I personally think it was kinda weak compared to some of the bigger ones out there, but we got a few cool pictures out of it. The best is definitely the last one, which most likely is a shot from the game. 
The ARG can be read here, and for those who are really impatient: Here is the final image

As well as the image from the game, a date came up. So it seems we can look forward to seeing Hitman 5 at the next E3.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14672 posts) -

which is great, since I'm currently going through blood money; not that good at it though.

#3 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

Cool. I hope the missions are as varied and cool as the environments this time around. Blood Money was amazing for the first three or four missions, but shortly after that you realized that every level was going to be the exact same shit, only in a different environment.

#4 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (881 posts) -
@Laketown: What is funny is that I got the Ultimate Contract box a few days ago, containing all the games so far. Re-visiting Codename 47 now, and man... it is a good game, but the other games in the series are more fun. Can't wait till I get to Blood Money. I replayed the other games so much after beating them, but never did that for Blood Money. 

I know some people can't handle the patient "wait to see what happens so that I can pull this off flawlessly" thing. I love that. I managed to beat most of Hitman 2 and Contracts with the Silent Assassin rank. Damn, getting more hype for Hitman 5 as I type this.
#5 Posted by norton123 (311 posts) -

The last imagine does seem to solidify everything. I'm glad we're, most likely, going to see another Hitman title. I think giving the franchise a small break was the right move. 

#6 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

well I just came....

#7 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Awesome news.  Thanks for sharing.

#8 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

I'm stoked to play more hitman, i really enjoyed blood money.

#9 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Can't wait to see this, I played Blood Money to the death. So good!

#10 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Replaying Codename 47 now. The flaws are pretty glaring now, but it was awesome at the time.

#11 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (759 posts) -

Well it's about time, Blood Money was released 5 years ago. Really excited for this sequel.

#12 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

Make a Hitman game right and it's one of the best things ever.

My question though is, how are they going to handle outfit-switching, because I imagine that clothes just magically popping on you would be a little weird this generation.

#13 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

So excited for Hitman 5.  

Blood Money is my favorite game of all time. The Hitman series just scratches an itch I have and I find the games to be the most satisfying things ever. 

#14 Posted by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

I've never played a hitman game. Should I?

#15 Posted by mm665 (407 posts) -

Can't wait to play as bald motherfucker again!

#16 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" I've never played a hitman game. Should I? "

Hitman 2 is (for what my opinion is worth) one of the best games of all time. 

Each level felt genuinely individual, and there was nothing like pulling off a mission super stealthily and being awarded Silent Assassin ranking. 

You should at least give that a go, even if it's a little dated now.
#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i never could stomach Hitman games.. something about them was really off and unpleasant 

hope Hitman V changes that

#18 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (881 posts) -
@xyzygy: You really should. As GetEveryone said, finishing a mission with only your target dead, no witnesses and no shots fired... awesome feeling. And when you feel like messing around you can start any mission with more or less any weapon and just go on a killing spree. 

@owl_of_minerva: Indeed. Looking forward to finishing it so I can start on Hitman 2. Codename 47 has the awesome slow motion button though. Man, I love messing around with that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.