Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Blood Money

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released May 26, 2006

Hitman: Blood Money is a third-person action-adventure game released by Eidos in 2006. The game is a continuation of the popular Hitman franchise in which players take control of the mysterious assassin, Agent 47.

Hitman 5

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

Hitman Blood Money was an amazing game definitely the best in the Hitman series.

Who here is waiting patiently for Hitman 5? 

What improvements do you want to see?

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MadMatr07

I would like to see an updated graphics engine on top of everything really. Blood Money just looked kind of drab. I also would like to see the weapons have a more visceral feel to make the parts when you use them more satisfying.

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DaveF

I am looking forward to it, I really liked the past Hitman games.
    One thing I hope they get right is the AI. In past games, especially Silent Assassin and Contracts, guards would often figure out you were an imposter even if you just walked past them normally. They mostly sorted this out in Blood Money, but you still sometimes got caught in a way that seemed a little unfair.
    Also, I'd like not to be coerced into doing the missions in a particular way. I liked how Blood Money allowed you to pull off environmental kills,but it often felt like that was the 'proper' way of killing targets, and it was the only way of getting the Silent Assassin rank. I'd prefer it if the game just put you in the mission, told you to kill a guy, and it was up to you to find the best place to kill them silently.

Gavinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gavinn

I love the entire series, A graphics update and a new engine are really needed though. Can you imagine if they used Euphoria?!

Heres what we know alraedy

• Detailed cover and firing system. (Similar to how Metal Gear Solid 4's is.)
    • Ability to Suppress and Un-Suppress weapons in the inventory screen.
    StormTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StormTrooper

I'd like more missions like A New Life - lots of ways to get the job done, and it was cool to see all the security around a guy in a quiet, suburban setting.

also, anytime you can murder a house full of guys while dressed as a clown has got to be a golden moment in gaming.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THE_END
    StormTrooper said:
    "I'd like more missions like A New Life - lots of ways to get the job done, and it was cool to see all the security around a guy in a quiet, suburban setting.

also, anytime you can murder a house full of guys while dressed as a clown has got to be a golden moment in gaming.
    "

I agree man.... A New Life was a really cool mission.

I hope I/O Interactive decides to borrow/steal some ideas from other games for the Hitman series.  Specifically, I would like to see more espionage type items/gadgets like Splinter Cell.  The sticky camera and diversion camera would be awesome in the game!
    Also, the optic cable to look under doors would be a welcome addition.... lets face it.... the keyhole just doesn't cut it.  And take the enemies off of the map.... that makes the game way to easy IMO.  Also, we could use some nightvision goggles.... that would be badass to strangle an enemy with the fiberwire in complete darkness utilizing the nightvision goggles!
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AaronBelfast

**SPOLIERS**

After the secret ending, looks like agent 47 will be back

PC_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PC_Power
    THE_END said:
    "StormTrooper said:
    "I'd like more missions like A New Life - lots of ways to get the job done, and it was cool to see all the security around a guy in a quiet, suburban setting.

"

I agree man.... A New Life was a really cool mission.

I hope I/O Interactive decides to borrow/steal some ideas from other games for the Hitman series.  Specifically, I would like to see more espionage type items/gadgets like Splinter Cell.  The sticky camera and diversion camera would be awesome in the game!
    Also, the optic cable to look under doors would be a welcome addition.... lets face it.... the keyhole just doesn't cut it.  And take the enemies off of the map.... that makes the game way to easy IMO.  Also, we could use some nightvision goggles.... that would be badass to strangle an enemy with the fiberwire in complete darkness utilizing the nightvision goggles!"
    You got Nightvision in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Hitman Contracts.
    Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shinedown220

A new engine graphics, physics the whole deal.

Hundreds of ways to kill the target. it feels like there is only a handful of ways in past games.

Most missions have the target with dozens of security guards, some more variety in the targets would be awesome.

I hope they are making a new Hitman game.

imHunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By imHunt

Yeah I can't wait for the next hitman. I am actually playing through them right now, I finished silent assassin a few nights ago and am working on contracts.
    Things I'd like to see:
    -Improved AI
    -Better Graphics (of course)
    -More than one way to take down targets (besides just 1 option and the other option to go all out rambo style)
    -Customizable weapons
    -A toned down alert system (the alerts seem to happen randomly sometimes. (I.E. using the fiber wire on a guy from behind will sometimes trigger an alert...dumb)
    -Advanced lighting/sneaking system (hiding in the darkness should be more effective.
    That's about it.

[So far I've played through Silent Assassin and it has to be the hardest in the series. I'm playing contracts and it seems a lot easier. The guards don't automatically find you and you can actually walk/run behind them to fiberwire them and they don't turn around instantly. I hope they don't tone it down any more than that. The whole 'walk by guards and they might see through you' system is fine the way it is. It may not be absolutely, completely realisitc, but it adds a nice challenge. Besides, unless you just stand in front of them and don't keep walking, the pretty much leave you alone.]

Also, @The_END: The enemies are not on the map when I play hitman games. Perhaps you have the difficulty set to normal or easy. I play on professional and they haven't been on the map in the hitman games so far. So, yeah, if you want more of a challenge raise the difficulty.

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By lvl10Wizard
    StormTrooper said:

"

I agree with this. A New Life was one of my favorite missions in Blood Money due to the number of strategies that can be employed. It'd be great if the next game focussed on this kind of level design.
    Avatar image for angre_leperkan439
    Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they update the graphics, maybe make the motions a little more fluid(for example, strangling and other things) and overall polish it a lil more, cuz Blood Money(even though it was amazing) had its flaws. Overall, I'm excited, can't wait for the next one

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

interesting bump. I love the hitman series. I would love a graphics overhaul. The graphics weren't bad last time around, but there were problems. With better graphics it would appear more polished. also more fluid controls, Like ^you said. Is there even going to be another one?

ScottishGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ScottishGamer

I would love a new Hitman! I only played Blood Money about a year ago and despite it not being the best graphical display on the 360 I LOVED IT!!! 

I would like to see :   

1 - Better graphics 
        2 - More of a storyline... 
        3 - More weapons and customization for them 
        4 -  Better controls  
        5 - Larger level maps 

EDIT: Oh yeah, better AI would be nice too!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By AndrewB

I just want to see the game. As much as Blood Money is flawed, and Silent Assassin is neigh unplayable because of its outdated game mechanics (am currently trying to go through a run of the game, but it's not holding my attention), I just freaking love the style. I love trying to get silent assassin ranking. I love the stealth and the tone of the game more than any other stealth game.

All they need to do for the sequel is give it as much care as they've given past games. Continue to make the options of completing your assigned task more open-ended. Blood Money is a lot better at this, but there are still usually only a couple of ways of doing things and still pulling off silent assassin.

No, I don't need a better story. I loved the way Blood Money handled things. You've got a bunch of somewhat disjointed yet also tied together assassinations (play the game to understand what that means), with an overarching story that was mostly hinted at during the events of the game, then really comes in to play at the very end. It was satisfying enough.

Maybe slightly larger and more populated areas, although Blood Money did a better job of making the world look populated than most games do.

Definitely don't need more weapons nor customizations, since I never come into a mission with anything more than my Ballers, if that. The name of the game is stealth assassination. Give me a pistol and a sniper rifle and I'm all set.

They do, however, need to make it clearer which suits are going to get you into what rooms. Find a better way to convey security levels, be it through visuals or incidental dialogue (as long as it's incidental dialogue you can't miss).

And yes, there had better be a new Hitman game, and it had better be made by the same team.

Ecinsiefil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Ecinsiefil

I hope they don't casualise it like they did with Metal Gear Solid 4 and Splinter Cell: Conviction, but that's just me.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It only needs more realistic graphics and make it on a bigger scale, it should be okay that way. I think blood money was in the right direction because alot of these other hitman games were slightly linear unlike blood money where you can kill how you want to kill. Any attempt to casualize the game or make it more mainstream will probally ruin the series.

Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arab_prince said:
    " interesting bump. I love the hitman series. I would love a graphics overhaul. The graphics weren't bad last time around, but there were problems. With better graphics it would appear more polished. also more fluid controls, Like ^you said. Is there even going to be another one? "
    Yea, they've announced that there is work on a new one. That was a few years ago tho, and nothing has been really said about it lately. There was a rumor lately tho, that there might be a chance that Rocksteady(the guys who did Batman Arkham Asylum) might be doing development now since IO is working on Kane and Lynch 2(unfortunately). So, we just hafta wait and see.
    Kedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kedi

I agree that the AI sometimes felt "unfair" in the previous games, and hopefully they sort that out.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AltonBrown
    @THE_END: I thought you left, hombre?

Anyway, if they make a new Hitman, they need to update the gameplay a bit.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By AndrewB
    @Angre_Leperkan439: Yeah, I heard that too. I've got faith in Rocksteady, and I'd be okay with them taking a crack at it.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I've also heard rocksteady was going to make the game. Honestly those guys are quite competent at making good games. Even batman arkham asylum had good stealth mechanics, it might just work.

brazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brazzle

Less strictly infiltration missions in the splinter cell style, more missions like Invitation to a Party from Silent Assassin.

In that mission you had to break into a party, find a suitable way to disguise yourself among the other guests, assassinate a general in secret, stalk a spetznas assassin as he attempted to rob an ambassador of his briefcase - then neutralize them both and make off with the case yourself. 

That was the best part of the game for me, it was everything that a James Bond game should be but never is.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Blood Money is among one of my favorite games period of all time. As many have mentioned, A New Life is probably a lot of peoples favorite level. I think it's the feeling of sunshine, warmth and an actual neighborhood that makes it work out so well. 

No Caption Provided

The physics are in need of some work for sure, and the graphics are very good, but i think that the storyline does not need any changing. The shading is fantastic on peoples faces. Maybe add in some new weapons, but it's still a good game with the ones that we have throughout the Hitman series.

Maybe add in a system where you can make a decision of what to do.

And do not change anything to the girls with the perfect figure, huge breasts and skimpy outfit.
    Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kedi said:

" I agree that the AI sometimes felt "unfair" in the previous games, and hopefully they sort that out. "

Totally, it was annoying as balls sometimes when they randomly started shooting. At that point, there's no going back, you hafta kill everybody. I hope they announce something for this game soon enough. As for Rocksteady taking over, as long as they pull it off I'm cool with it. However, I'm worried that their previous work is similar to Hitman, but not similar enough, to the point where it might change how the game turns out. However, hopefully it's for the best. And New Life definitely is one of the better levels in the game :) I also really liked House of Cards(I think that's what it was called)
    stormbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stormbird

First off, my entire experience of the Hitman franchise comes from Blood Money, so I'm completely ignorant of the other games. 

I reckon the following improvements should be made to Hitman 5   

Physics
      1. Physics engine, particularly to do with fall damage. - If you knock out any character on Curtains Down and then drag their body up to the top of the level (above the stage), and then drag them to an edge until they fall off, they tend to fall at least 2 stories to the stage below, and as the game registers them as unconscious they are just revived by another NPC and walk back to continue with whatever they were doing before you knocked them out.. If you dispose of their body using the railing however, they die.  

Environment/Gameplay
    2. More false leads (Flawed methods. For example on Flatline I infiltrated the facility and managed to send agent smith to the morgue without a disguise and with the suspicion meter only ever getting to green, then I went up to the doctors study and took the spare doctor disguise, took out all three targets in the doctor disguise and then found that I couldn't get out of the facility wearing my suit because one of the targets bodyguards was blocking my only escape route. up until then I would have got silent assassin rating). Saying that there are some methods that don't work (At least three ways of infiltrating compound during Vineyard level result in immediate discovery) - but thats the point. The discovery is immediate and so you just try a different method. As opposed to getting dragged into a method where you will fail after you think you have succeeded.  
      3. At least one mission where you can make an NPC kill an NPC. Deliberately. I'm not talking about the accidental (although very awesome) murder of the tenor. I'm talking about blowing the whistle on Mark Parchezzi III in Amendment XXV by allowing the janitors body to be found, so that the secret service guys all take on Parchezzi en masse. I tried to show a secret serviceman the janitors body which kind of failed. Mr 47 is supposed to be a myth, highly classified, but whenever something suspicious is found the NPCs all turn on you in an instant. Furthermore it would be cool if there was a cause and effect for NPCs as well. E.g. murderer of Tenor during Opera gets arrested or shot or something, or some ability to plant items on people more regularly (Bloody hammer in a toolbox then leave it lying around until someone picks it up, uses it and gets framed for someone else's murder) There would suddenly be a lot of very creative methods for methods if this was possible, which could also lead to special ratings for framing innocents. After all, this is a game. 
    4. Sneaky aroundness. I played through the assassination side quests on the game Oblivion, and they were completely awesome because with patience and time, you could complete them to an equivalent of Silent Assassin rating. The game didn't let you knock people out or wear disguises, this was done by purely remaining unseen, using the 7Ps and taking your opportunities to move or plant items when they were given. Then at the end of the mission you could often finish the target in several different ways. (Poisoned food, whack them with a weapon, turn their allies against them, shoot them with an arrow) Overall the side quests in oblivion were much more enjoyable then the missions in Blood Money, and they were quite a bit more challenging to think through as well.. So in a sequel, it would be pretty damn cool if there were methods of doing the missions where the game play was more varied, where you could complete the level without having to disguise yourself or knock anybody out.  Crawling through air vents, that kind of thing
    5. Easier to strategically use light switches - What is the point of turning out the lights? In most cases it doesn't make much sense because the AI will go and turn the light back on and there isn't a convenient corner nearby to hide in and bop them on the head. Or if there is, they see you and tell you to GTFO (if in no disguise), then report you to a guard.   
      6. More NPC dialogue which gives you more information about the levels. Like being able to overhear random conversations between characters, some of which are useful, some of which are not but are funny. It would also help to reduce the AI's sense of paranoid schizophrenia - often when a body if found I don't really notice the security officials becoming more suspicious because they are already pretty suspicious to begin with. 

AI
    7. AI behaviour. The AI is totally paranoid, everybody, including innocent civilians, will turn to look at you, stop what they are doing to watch you and continue watching you until you go away. 47 does not move with any stealth whatsoever unless crouch-walking, particularly on the harder difficulties. This does NOT make realistic sense. Reminds me quite a lot of the subconscious is portrayed in the movie Inception, too. Then along with the over zealous possible witnesses, there are incredibly stupid targets who are just begging for you to kill them. (Target in Vineyard level who hangs out on the balcony for either a sniper or an accident to happen)
    8. It's also fairly impossible to distract NPCs in ways which seem realistic. I have found that distracting NPCs by turning off light switches or throwing coins near them really just makes them skip to the next step in their routine. . An easier way to do this undetected is just to walk up to them in a disguise which matches the area you are in, and they will turn to look at you, and then skip to the next step of their routine. Their are very rare occasions when the coin throw is useful. Anyway, what I am trying to get at is that the NPCs are stuck in a VERY rigid routine which is impossible to break using stealthy methods. A bit more unpredictability would be nice. Not meaning any drastic  change.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Baillie
    @stormbird: That is an awesome list of suggestions. I just hope there is a Hitman game coming out in the near future. I miss it so.
    stormbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By stormbird

Yeah well lets just hope that the guys making Hitman 5 have the same ideas huh :) 

According to gamespot and ign there is a hitman 5 coming out soonish... (next coupla years).. crossed fingers its not a halo movie repeat

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.