I need help?! :( *Spoilers?*

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

So I got Hitman: Blood Money on PC but I am having some trouble. 

I noticed that there are certain ways to kill people, for example in ''Curtains Down'' you can replace a fake pistol with a real one to have your victim get shot in a play but the scene happens nearly as soon as the mission starts and I don't know how to get it to happen again. 

Could I get some help? thanks.

#2 Posted by Gnubberen (784 posts) -

They are rehearsing the play, so it happens a couple of times during the mission

#3 Posted by Yummylee (22558 posts) -

Don't worry, they keep rehearsing that scene over and over until... well until you've actually put the real gun there to finally drop the curtains =P

#4 Posted by Demon9Tom (5 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

" So I got Hitman: Blood Money on PC but I am having some trouble.  I noticed that there are certain ways to kill people, for example in ''Curtains Down'' you can replace a fake pistol with a real one to have your victim get shot in a play but the scene happens nearly as soon as the mission starts and I don't know how to get it to happen again.  Could I get some help? thanks. "

It happens repeatedly. You just need to wait.  
#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

So the second time etc it just doesn't come up on the side screen?

#6 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they act out the scene a few times over the course of the mission...just wait a little while for it to happen. If you can take out one of the actors you can steal his clothes and go out there and shoot the guy yourself too which is kinda fun.  

Also congrats on buying one of the best stealth games of all time.

#7 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
" I'm pretty sure they act out the scene a few times over the course of the mission...just wait a little while for it to happen. If you can take out one of the actors you can steal his clothes and go out there and shoot the guy yourself too which is kinda fun.   Also congrats on buying one of the best stealth games of all time. "
Haha thanks! I have had it a while but never gotten a chance to play it. I also got Hitman 2 with it, is it okay I am playing this one first? I am not sure why but I just felt like playing Blood Money first.
#8 Posted by Gnubberen (784 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
 I also got Hitman 2 with it, is it okay I am playing this one first? I am not sure why but I just felt like playing Blood Money first.

Well shouldn't be to bad.. But I always play the oldest one first.. otherwise there's a good chance that the old games will feel much more outdated...
#9 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @Raymayne said:
" I'm pretty sure they act out the scene a few times over the course of the mission...just wait a little while for it to happen. If you can take out one of the actors you can steal his clothes and go out there and shoot the guy yourself too which is kinda fun.   Also congrats on buying one of the best stealth games of all time. "
Haha thanks! I have had it a while but never gotten a chance to play it. I also got Hitman 2 with it, is it okay I am playing this one first? I am not sure why but I just felt like playing Blood Money first. "
OR you can just smuggle in a sniper rifle and shoot him (from one of the top balconies) as the pretend shot is being fired.
#10 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba:
Plant bombs in the rafters, wait for the guy with the gun to go back to his dressing room, replace the guns, wait for them to rehearse again, when he shoots the target, the other target will come running down, when he is under where you placed the bombs, blow them up, he will be crushed by the falling stuff. Grab your suit, and make your exit.
#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

Damn that sucks, I just finished the Curtains Down mission doing it the plain way. (killing main actor in his dressing room etc) 

Luckily now I know and for this mission I am doing the accidental deaths! Thanks guys! :D  

On that note, is it better doing accidental deaths rather than normal kills?

#12 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" Damn that sucks, I just finished the Curtains Down mission doing it the plain way. (killing main actor in his dressing room etc)  Luckily now I know and for this mission I am doing the accidental deaths! Thanks guys! :D   On that note, is it better doing accidental deaths rather than normal kills? "
Bump.
#13 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I kill him the same way as CL60, also best game ever.

#14 Posted by TheHT (11786 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" So the second time etc it just doesn't come up on the side screen? "
The PIP was messed up for me, hardly ever showed up.

@NekuSakuraba said:
" Damn that sucks, I just finished the Curtains Down mission doing it the plain way. (killing main actor in his dressing room etc)  Luckily now I know and for this mission I am doing the accidental deaths! Thanks guys! :D   On that note, is it better doing accidental deaths rather than normal kills? "

Besides being immensely satisfying, they make it easier to get Silent Assassin. I can't remember if they were necessary for it (probably aren't).
#15 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" I kill him the same way as CL60, also best game ever. "
Sure is but fuck, it is hard.
#16 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

Now I am stuck on the next mission! Tell me guys, should I use a walkthrough or will it be better to just try and try and try and try and try until I succeed?

#17 Posted by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
 On that note, is it better doing accidental deaths rather than normal kills? "
I think it tends to net you a better ranking, but I say kill them however you find the most entertaining.

...oh yeah, also, Blood Money is AWESOME.
#18 Posted by TheHT (11786 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" Now I am stuck on the next mission! Tell me guys, should I use a walkthrough or will it be better to just try and try and try and try and try until I succeed? "
If you're really getting stuck often then go for it. The game doesn't really spell out ways to take out targets, which while part of the appeal for me I guess makes it harder for others.

But don't feel like you have to rush through missions. Take some time and scope out the levels, taking note on what you can interact with, NPC routines. etc and you'll be hatching schemes in no time.
#19 Posted by heatDrive88 (2404 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba:
Play the game naturally as you would on your own at first, I'd say. You can always go back and revisit missions if you want to get the silent assassin ratings or whatever. 

Personally, I always liked playing it as silent and with the least amount of shooting as possible, trying to make everything look like an accident. 

For the theater one, as others have stated, just wait on the balcony after setting the remote bomb on the chandelier and let the NPC's gather to rehearse the scene again. Once the one guy shoots the other, just have the remote bomb ready to trip the chandelier to fall on the guy.
#20 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@TheHT: How about buying intel? I have heaps on money but when I buy Intel I feel as if I am cheating.
#21 Posted by TheHT (11786 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @TheHT: How about buying intel? I have heaps on money but when I buy Intel I feel as if I am cheating. "
Hey, that's a good idea. Nothing wrong with a little hint or two to get you thinkin, but using a walkthrough would probably be more akin to cheating. :P
#22 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@TheHT said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @TheHT: How about buying intel? I have heaps on money but when I buy Intel I feel as if I am cheating. "
Hey, that's a good idea. Nothing wrong with a little hint or two to get you thinkin, but using a walkthrough would probably be more akin to cheating. :P "
Awesome! And off-topic, Is Hitman 2 as good as Blood Money? Because I stupidly am playing BM before 2.
#23 Edited by TheHT (11786 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

" @TheHT said:

" @NekuSakuraba said:

Hey, that's a good idea. Nothing wrong with a little hint or two to get you thinkin, but using a walkthrough would probably be more akin to cheating. :P "
Awesome! And off-topic, Is Hitman 2 as good as Blood Money? Because I stupidly am playing BM before 2. "
You could say that at the core of Blood Money is Hitman 2. Hitman 1 I couldn't get into at all, but Hitman 2 is where Eidos really got the formula down, since Hitman 3: Contracts is essentially more of Hitman 2 and Hitman: Blood Money is that same formula with a whole lot more bells and whistles. 

Don't worry about playing Blood Money before though, since there isn't much series long story to the Hitman games. The only thing that really develops over the series is 47's character.

The interesting thing about Hitman 3 though story wise, is that the entire game takes place right after that opera house mission you were asking about and before the following one. You know that shady figure seen on the streets as you leave? Dude shoots 47, who pretty badly wounded shambles into his hotel suite.

Missions are memories of prior missions or what happened around those missions (like one that starts immediately after the ending of the first Hitman). As a whole it's not really as important as the events of Hitman 2 or Blood Money, but still pretty cool to check out.
#24 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
Don't bother buying intel then. It doesn't normally provide you with that much information, and it's straightforward enough without intel. Besides, the intel is present on the wiki page, thanks to arab_prince. When you grab the Real WWI Pistol, wait for the rehearsal to finish the second time, and stay in the closet of the actor who carries the fake Mauser. When he leaves for the toilet, switch out the two pistols and leave the closet. You'll need to do some waiting around until they go for the final rehearsal... oh, and try to find a way to kill Richard Delahunt as he runs towards the stage. He'll trip and fall on the way there, so if you can time it with him lying on the ground you're set. 

Hint: There is a chandelier which you can access when wearing the Worker suit.
#25 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (717 posts) -

I love Hitman. Can't wait for the new one.

#26 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@Kung_Fu_Viking said:
" I love Hitman. Can't wait for the new one. "
They need to hurry it up, Hitman is now one of my favourite series of all time! 

I really hope playing Blood Money before number 3 and 2 doesn't matter. :(
#27 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
They need to hurry it up, Hitman is now one of my favourite series of all time!  I really hope playing Blood Money before number 3 and 2 doesn't matter. :( "
It won't, to my knowledge. Here is how the game goes chronologically, to my knowledge though: 

• Hitman: Codename 47 / Hitman: Contracts
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Hitman: Blood Money

Contracts was a remake of Codename 47, if I am not mistaken. It features at least some of the missions from the original game, remade in higher detail with some different details. 
#28 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -
@xMP44x said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
They need to hurry it up, Hitman is now one of my favourite series of all time!  I really hope playing Blood Money before number 3 and 2 doesn't matter. :( "
It won't, to my knowledge. Here is how the game goes chronologically, to my knowledge though: 

• Hitman: Codename 47 / Hitman: Contracts
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Hitman: Blood Money

Contracts was a remake of Codename 47, if I am not mistaken. It features at least some of the missions from the original game, remade in higher detail with some different details. 
"
So that means I am playing them backwards? how will that affect the story?
#29 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" So that means I am playing them backwards? how will that affect the story? "
Probably not that major. Just check online if you really want to know the story quick and simple. Chances are someone has written it up for convenience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.