Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Blood Money

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released May 26, 2006

Hitman: Blood Money is a third-person action-adventure game released by Eidos in 2006. The game is a continuation of the popular Hitman franchise in which players take control of the mysterious assassin, Agent 47.

Should I play this before Absolution?

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By XenoNick

Ok I picked up a pre-owned copy of this quite some time ago but I never got round to playing it yet I think Absolution looks really fun. So i ask thee fellow duders. Should I play through Blood Money first? Or just skip it? Thanks =]

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

Blood moneys pretty good, I spent an absolute age playing it when it came out. trying to figure out the perfect way to murder dudes was never as much fun. there is oen scene in the game that absolutely everyone should see too.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By ki11tank

it's worth playing if you keep in minds it's age and it will let you see the progress they've made in Absolution. if you've got the time I'd at least play a couple missions, it's a good game for it's age.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Keep in mind that it hasn't aged well at all. I played a few months ago and can see the potential genius, but the way there is clunky.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pandorasbox

I own blood money on steam, and even at full settings at 1080p the game looks like hot garbage. However, if you're the kinda guy who can look past bad animation and visual fidelity, you definitely need to check it out. Blood money can't be more than like 5 dollars on steam right now.

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Pabba

I'd say yes, but I picked up the PS2 version for real cheap a few months ago and found the control scheme absolutely dreadful and hard to grok, so I did not get to play farther than the opening boardwalk level. Hopefully you got it for either the PC or Xbox...

SonnyCheebah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SonnyCheebah

You guys are being ridiculous.  Sure it has some stiff animations, but Blood Money holds up just fine on the PC.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I had fun playing through the first few levels yesterday, seems like it holds up just fine relative to any other old stealth game.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YOU_DIED

@believer258 said:

Keep in mind that it hasn't aged well at all. I played a few months ago and can see the potential genius, but the way there is clunky.

Totally disagree, I've been playing it since it came out and it's still really fun. The graphics are good too (maxed).

@XenoNick: I'd play the older games in this order: 2, Contracts, Blood Money

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Definitely play it. I picked it up a few months ago and found it to be one of the most unique and rewarding games I have ever played.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

Do you mean for the gameplay or the story? I feel like the story has always "been there," but was never something in the forefront. A quick look at Wikipedia and maybe some youtube videos will get you caught up on the few things you need to know about Agent 47. Yes, you should play it for the actual gameplay, because it's an incredibly well-made game if that kind of stealth assassination gameplay is what you like. The only thing I see not holding up is if you take it back even further to Hitman and Hitman 2. It gets a little more dicey. Although 2 is still a really great game.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

The new game is being made by a new developers. Haven't really followed the development of Absolution but I don't think its absolutely necessarily to play the previous games to play Absolution. Though at the same time though Blood Money while kinda Janky is a pretty fun game for its time.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By FancySoapsMan

@believer258 said:

I disagree. I played it last year for the first time, and it held up pretty well.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ShaggE

@believer258 said:

It was clunky when it came out. That's always been the Hitman M.O., though: Brilliant gameplay, sluggish control, zero guidance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.