Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman HD Trilogy

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 29, 2013

A collection of the second, third and fourth Hitman games, remastered in HD with support for Achievements/Trophies.

Will anyone be picking this up?

• 71 results
    pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pompouspizza

@Yummylee: Don't understand all the hate for Absolution, I loved it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Sooty

@pompouspizza said:

@Yummylee: Don't understand all the hate for Absolution, I loved it.

Broken disguise system and running away from cops for what felt like 3-4 hours killed my enthusiasm to continue on...that and just how lame some of those early-mid missions were, like the orphanage.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#53  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Absolutely getting it, huge fan of Hitman 2... and have never played Contracts.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By TheHT

i might. i've still got those 3 around here somewhere.

honestly, 2 and contracts don't look to be HDified at all, but maybe they just look better in my memory than they actually were.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Eaxis

I enjoyed playing the first Hitman again last month or so for nostalgic reasons. I love Blood Money sadly Absolution was disappointing. I never got to play contracts, but i'm not buying the "hd" collection just for that. I'll buy contracts if they ever release it on pc again.

Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hilbert

Just ordered it to arrive this Saturday.

Can't wait to play the st. Petersburg levels and killing the fat guy again.

Also for the people who are disappointed that the first game wasn't included, know that most missions from the first game were redone and reworked into Hitman contracts back in the time.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By l4wd0g

@Sackmanjones: I received them for free when I bought Absolution. These games are rough wen compared to modern games

Aarglefarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Aarglefarg

I bought this today. The potential of the series has interested me but I had never played any of the games before. A compilation seems like a good opportunity to test the series out. :)

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sdharrison

@Sackmanjones said:

I'd advise anyone to pick this up instead of absolution

Absolutely. Wordplay.

But really, I think once newbies get ahold of these games and get a sense for what made Hitman... Well, Hitman - they will begin to grasp the utter failure of Absolution. At almost every single major decision point in development, IOI made the wrong calls with Absolution and betrayed their own flagship franchise.

The games on this collection are straight up better than absolution.

FNGbomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By FNGbomber

@Vod_Crack said:

@jonnyboy said:

I friggin love Hitman: Contracts.

Same here. I love how dark that game is and I would argue that Contracts has the best soundtrack.

Indeed, I especially remember loving the song that plays when you walk into the bar in the dock mission.

OP: I never played through Silent Assassin and I needed a reason to replay Contracts. So yes, I'm definitely picking this up. Also, we should let IO know we want more Hitman-ass-Hitman games by buying this.

Anyone know of any differences between the 360 and PS3 versions of this collection? I heard Blood Money on the PS3 disc might be an upscaled PS2 version, but that doesn't matter to me unless the achievements are different.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@FNGbomber said:

@Vod_Crack said:

@jonnyboy said:

I friggin love Hitman: Contracts.

Same here. I love how dark that game is and I would argue that Contracts has the best soundtrack.

Indeed, I especially remember loving the song that plays when you walk into the bar in the dock mission.

You're goddamn right.

FNGbomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By FNGbomber

@Oldirtybearon: Awesome. Thanks for that.

baron_calamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By baron_calamity

I would repurchases the Hitman games if they were updated and re-released on the pc. Contracts isn't available on any digital service for the pc and since my current PC doesn't even have an optical drive there is no way I can play it. So at least I would like to be able to play Contracts. Hitman Absolution is the first game in the series to even have proper game controller support for the pc. Adding that would be great. Also most of the older Hitman games don't support 16x9 resolutions either. Also, steam achievements would be nice also.

If it doesn't happen, I'm not upset. Its just a product I would like to buy. I might break down towards the end of this year and buy it on PSN if the pc version doesn't show.

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DjDonFrancisco

Best Buy has this on sale for $24.99 until 2/2/13. Thinking about grabbing it. It'd be funny to run through Contracts and Blood Money again.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#65  Edited By gla55jAw

@DjDonFrancisco said:

Best Buy has this on sale for $24.99 until 2/2/13. Thinking about grabbing it. It'd be funny to run through Contracts and Blood Money again.

Amazon has price matched it also.

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DjDonFrancisco

@gla55jAw said:

@DjDonFrancisco said:

Amazon has price matched it also.

That is totally where I ended up getting it from. Used a $5 gift card and nabbed it for $20.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JohnLocke

Just curious, how does the save system work in the HD pack, can you save at any point or is there a similar save system to Absolution where you effectivly save after each mission otherwise saving ingame just causes you to start back from the begining of a mission again?

Thanks.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By nights

@baron_calamity said:

I would repurchases the Hitman games if they were updated and re-released on the pc. Contracts isn't available on any digital service for the pc and since my current PC doesn't even have an optical drive there is no way I can play it. So at least I would like to be able to play Contracts. Hitman Absolution is the first game in the series to even have proper game controller support for the pc. Adding that would be great. Also most of the older Hitman games don't support 16x9 resolutions either. Also, steam achievements would be nice also.

If it doesn't happen, I'm not upset. Its just a product I would like to buy. I might break down towards the end of this year and buy it on PSN if the pc version doesn't show.

Exactly. Even though I already own several Hitman games, If they released the HD trilogy for PC I'd be all over it. I'd love to play an updated version of Contracts for the PC.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By glots

So, someone already bought this, rite? Is it terrigood/terribad?

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DjDonFrancisco

Got it in the mail yesterday and checked out the packaging. Totally digging the cover of the artbook. Kinda wish that image was the actual cover of the box itself. It's very stylish. Haven't played it yet though, probably won't for a while.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Sursh

@Rainbowkisses said:

Is anyone at all interested in getting the Hitman HD trilogy?

no chance in hell. the only enjoyable one of the three was blood money, to which i payed $10 for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.