Hitman 2: The Movie has a writer

#1 Posted by Giantsquirrel (601 posts) -
Story from IGN UK here.

Kane and Lynch writer hired for game adaptation follow-up.

UK, June 24, 2009 - It seems videogame adaptation Hitman may be set for a sequel.

IESB is reporting that studio 20th Century Fox has hired writer Kyle Ward to pen a follow-up to the 2007 actioner.

Ward wrote another game-to-film script, the forthcoming Kane and Lynch, as well as Fiasco Heights for Platinum Dunes.

The first Hitman starred Deadwood's Timothy Olyphant as Agent 47, and featured Bond babe Olga Kurylenko as his love interest. Whilst picking up generally negative reviews, the film made almost $100m at the box office.

Seems like a logical step to me, I just hope they don't keep Olyphant and maybe have the next Hitman game ready to go around the same time.

What do you think? Will a successful movie sequel convince Eidos to make another Hitman game?

#2 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Hey, isnt Kain and Lynch Jeff's favorite game.
But really, Hitman 2 will end up being total shit like the first.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Gonna suck.

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Ill say it one more time

Jason statham shouldve been the hitman

and

HITMAN DOES NOT HAVE A FUCKING LOVE INTEREST
#5 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Oh, he wrote the forthcoming Kane and Lynch movie! Top-notch quality there!

This is going to suck...again.

#6 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
@Giantsquirrel said:

his love interest

Aaaand there it goes.
#7 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@atejas said:
" @Giantsquirrel said:

his love interest

Aaaand there it goes. "
I agree. If they'd put more effort in making it good instead of just marketable, then i'd care.
#8 Posted by Giantsquirrel (601 posts) -

Hopefully this guy will pay a little closer attention to the source material, although I did like the homages the movie payed to the game in the first movie. Might have saved it for me.

#9 Posted by Weltal (2273 posts) -

God damnit! Get back to Deadwood you son of a bitch. Kings isn't going to last that much longer so bring back Deadwood!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.