New Hitman leaked?

• 75 results
#1 Edited by luce (4045 posts) -

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/hitman-5--series-reboot--leake/1138796?page=1#post_row_30566344

Link to artwork that was leaked:http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5079/htv03536xf.jpg

Translation of some of the features in the game:

Complete reboot of the series and Agent 47
Agent 47's got beard! (WTF?!)
Heavy focus on story
47's "assignments" are more open mission just like in the previous titles
The game features more linear missions when 47 isn't on an assignment, with focus on guns and cover
The game is being developed along with the second Hitman-movie
You get to play as other killers, not only 47. One of the assassins is a woman.
David Bateson is lending out his voice as 47 yet again" 

Kinda reminds me of the DmC reboot (especially the character design) 

Beard = edgy  

EDIT:   http://gamejournos.tumblr.com/post/1451551247/semprafi-the-allegedly-leaked-hitman-reboot  This is all fake
#2 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -

Just saw this. Not sure what to think about the changes.

#3 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

We can only hope...

#4 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...it's so weird seeing Squeenix on there.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Eww they're making another Hitman movie. The first wasn't good.

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

he looks so fucking creepy 

#7 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Another reboot huh? Seeing a shit ton of those but I sort of guess why. To be honest I'm quite conflicted on this really considering how the last few Hitman games did. Interesting either way though since it's breaking off  the usual formula.

#8 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Oh hell yeah.

#9 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Oh hell yeah.

"
I lol'd
#10 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -

This is gonna be awesome.

#11 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

This will probably take the same route that the Splinter Cell franchise went. More based on action and shooting than sneaking / different approaches to missions. Let's hope not.

#12 Posted by djaoni (339 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" Another reboot huh? Seeing a shit ton of those but I sort of guess why. To be honest I'm quite conflicted on this really considering how the last few Hitman games did. Interesting either way though since it's breaking off  the usual formula. "
Yeah the usual formula is not popamole cover TPS or generic FPS. Way too many Hitman like game out there like... Oh wait.
#13 Posted by Cegoraph (148 posts) -

A beard? Really IO? Was that really necessary? 

#14 Posted by laserfrog (154 posts) -

I love the Canadian genius!   

#15 Posted by ozzdog12 (856 posts) -

God that looks so awful...SE has ruined Agent 47....

#16 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

47 looks like he could go for a 6 pack of PBR.

#17 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

He looks young.

#18 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

This is not news. They announced a Hitman 5 earlier this year I think.

#19 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3184 posts) -
 "The game features more linear missions when 47 isn't on an assignment, with focus on guns and cover"

They probably did it for the new set of gamers who don't like challenge in their games.
#20 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

Can we please kill Jimmy Fallon in a mission. Just think about how epic of a mission it would be to go to a talk show taping and then kill the host.  

I just thought about this now, I think it would be a really cool mission. (Doesn't have to be Jimmy Fallon, Oprah, or Dr. Phil would also be acceptable) 

I would also love if they put hidden missions for the Lincoln assassination, and JFK assassination. ( I know it's in bad taste, but I think it would be cool )

#21 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

#22 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
"
"
So say we al..wait what?
#23 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -

Well, if it's challenging, has a good story, great gameplay, interesting missions.. then I'm looking forward to it, but until I get any proof of that, I'll remain skeptic.

#24 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" ...it's so weird seeing Squeenix on there. "
Lol, "Squeenix", love it.
#25 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
"
"
Agent 47's lookin good as always.
#26 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I'm not believing this fully until there's some solid proof.

#27 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -
@gla55jAw said:
" @TheSeductiveMoose said:
"
"
Agent 47's lookin good as always. "
Stylin'
#28 Posted by SamFo (1514 posts) -

Im not that knowledgable on the hitman series, but I loved blood money. 
However this seems like a step in the wrong direction. Specifically the parts where it said 
 'there are other assassins to play as" and focus on "guns and cover". 
I liked the Hitman games because there was so many different ways to play them, and some(if not most)  you were not required to use guns!  
Hopefully they pull it off though :)

#29 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Oh hell yeah.

"
Man, what have you been smoking? 

@luce said:
"

The game features more linear missions when 47 isn't on an assignment, with focus on guns and cover
The game is being developed along with the second Hitman-movie "

This isn't fucking Hitman, what have they done?!
#30 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

I am an unhappy gamer.

#31 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Is that supposed to be Agent 47? If it is I can't say I like it, I Am used to the scowled killer.  Plus his head looks weird :P

#32 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
"
"
This pleases me.
#33 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

The new 47... ehh...

Weirdly though, I read somewhere that Jason Statham had been considered for the role of Agent 47 in a second Hitman film. The new 47 looks a little similar to him. If the idea of a cover system is implemented, I do think that the series might cease to be based around stealth. It might become all-action, much like the film was. That might be a good thing for some players, but it's not so good for those who loved the Hitman franchise for how it was. As for a series reboot, it could be said that there was something of a reboot in Contracts, seeing as it changed events shown in Hitman: Codename 47. If there was one change I'd make it would be to Agent 47's past. I preferred the past shown in the movie, where he was an orphan, and not a clone. That's a minor aspect though. 

One observation: the concept art appears to be showing a USP pistol (possibly the .40 seeing as the SLP .40 in Blood Money was very similar). Agent 47's artwork always showed an AMT Hardballer when he was carrying a handgun, so it might actually be a complete series reboot.

#34 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Tru3_Blu3 said:
"The game features more linear missions when 47 isn't on an assignment, with focus on guns and cover"
lol oh wow.  Series ruined.
#35 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Diamond said:
"lol oh wow.  Series ruined. "
I dunno man, Square Enix has been making non-stop gold this generation.
#36 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@luce said:

The game features more linear missions when 47 isn't on an assignment, with focus on guns and cover. "

Fuck.

Oh, and weren't the horrible Kane & Lynch cover-based shooters developed by IO Interactive?

Fucking double fuck.
#37 Posted by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -
@luce said:
In other words, it's only gonna be a Hitman game in name only since that sounds like the complete opposite of the previous Hitman games (where shooting it out with guns is generally a BAD thing).
#38 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -
@luce said:
"   

Kinda reminds me of the DmC reboot (especially the character design)  Beard = edgy  "
Not really... At least that still looks more or less like 47.
#39 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@spazmaster666 said:
" @luce said:
In other words, it's only gonna be a Hitman game in name only since that sounds like the complete opposite of the previous Hitman games (where shooting it out with guns is generally a BAD thing). "
It only says when he's not on assignment making it sound like there's a balance between the old school stuff and this new stuff. Though, saying focus on guns and cover just makes me think it's going to have a Kane & Lynch crossover.
#40 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -
@spazmaster666 said:
" @luce said:
In other words, it's only gonna be a Hitman game in name only since that sounds like the complete opposite of the previous Hitman games (where shooting it out with guns is generally a BAD thing). "
It will be the splinter cell conviction of the hitman series. 

if so, I will be fucking pissed off
#41 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

" @spazmaster666 said:
" @luce said:
It only says when he's not on assignment making it sound like there's a balance between the old school stuff and this new stuff. Though, saying focus on guns and cover just makes me think it's going to have a Kane & Lynch crossover. "

bingo, that's exactly what they mean, they are probally going to implement kayne and lynch's cover system and mediocre gameplay for certain segments of the gameplay.
#42 Posted by jkz (4002 posts) -
@luce said: 

Just what I want from a Hitman game. 

@luce said: 

Hope this doesn't suggest that it's being developed alongside it (i.e. that it's a tie-in game)
#43 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47

@HandsomeDead said:

" @spazmaster666 said:
" @luce said:
It only says when he's not on assignment making it sound like there's a balance between the old school stuff and this new stuff. Though, saying focus on guns and cover just makes me think it's going to have a Kane & Lynch crossover. "

bingo, that's exactly what they mean, they are probally going to implement kayne and lynch's cover system and mediocre gameplay for certain segments of the gameplay.
Exactly, even if they ruin half of the game it is still ruined.
#44 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

I hope this shit is fake.

#45 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

This is worse than Dante.

#46 Posted by lavaman77 (567 posts) -
@luce said:
"  

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/hitman-5--series-reboot--leake/1138796?page=1#post_row_30566344

Link to artwork that was leaked:http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5079/htv03536xf.jpg

Translation of some of the features in the game:

Agent 47's got beard! (WTF?!)
Heavy focus on story
47's "assignments" are more open mission just like in the previous titles
You get to play as other killers, not only 47. One of the assassins is a woman.
David Bateson is lending out his voice as 47 yet again" 

Kinda reminds me of the DmC reboot (especially the character design)  Beard = edgy  "
I KNEW IT!
#47 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

Everything about this seems god-awful. The only thing that could make it worse is if they announce a new Hitman movie to tie-in with...OH SWEET JESUS
#48 Posted by MatPaget (1113 posts) -

#49 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

It HAS to be fake.Agent 47 can't grow a damn beard!He is an albino.This would fuck up the whole plot!

#50 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@Rayfield: Noooo you have doomed us all.Fuck the Hitman movie, one was bad enough!No sequels please.The fans just want a high quality next gen Hitman experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.