$15 on Steam, Should I buy it?

#1 Posted by SmasheControllers (2542 posts) -

As apart of THQ 2011 Week, Homefront is on sale for $15. At that price is this game worth it?

#2 Posted by Tag (61 posts) -

No, the multiplayer is largely non-existent now and the single player campaign is not worth 5$

#3 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

No.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Tag said:

No, the multiplayer is largely non-existent now and the single player campaign is not worth 5$

#5 Posted by Witzig (326 posts) -

@Tag: Really that's a shame but should come as no surprise I guess.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO. No.

Do not purchase this game under any circumstances unless you plan to gift it to somebody you hate.

Any other THQ game in the sale is a better value.

#7 Edited by groin (821 posts) -

I stopped playing the singleplayer on the 2nd or 3rd level. I mailed it back to gamefly almost immediately afterwards.

#8 Posted by louiedog (2330 posts) -

No. The campaign is short and not very good. If you have any interest in this type of game you probably already have a disc with extremely similar multiplayer that has a much bigger community.

#9 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

@SmasheControllers: 15 bucks is about 20 bucks too expensive for homefront.

#10 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1229 posts) -

Spend those 15 bucks on Renegade Ops that's out tommorrow instead.

#11 Posted by adoggz (1952 posts) -

Yes you should TOTALLY buy homefront. I hear its REALLY good.

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Jadeskye said:

@SmasheControllers: 15 bucks is about 20 bucks too expensive for homefront.

this man knows his video game math
#13 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

I didn't even like Homefront for free from my library.

#14 Posted by bobafettjm (1252 posts) -

I actually enjoyed this game on the 360. It certainly isn't worth full price by any means, but I thought it was worth around $10-15. Of course there were quite a bit of people playing the online on the 360, I have no idea what it is like on the PC.

#15 Posted by lead_farmer (1038 posts) -

Do not buy it. The Campaign is super dumb, and not even in a fun way.

#16 Posted by Gerhabio (1969 posts) -

nope

#17 Edited by NTM (7030 posts) -

Yes, because it's OK, and the fact that there's a sequel coming out by Crytek in 2014 gives a little more incentive to play it. I think 15 bucks is the correct amount for the game actually, people are just being a little harsh on it. It's not terrible. Just know that once you're done going through it once, you probably won't think about it again.

#18 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I thought there were a few moments in the single player that was interesting.  I didn't care for the multiplayer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.