Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Homefront First Impressions - Better Than I Thought (Vlog)

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By HairyMike87

I believe that this game is a good attempt at a shooter that tries to have some kind of alternate history. When I first started playing the campaign, the visuals were awful, the sound was pretty bad, but the story was at least decent enough that it made me want to play through it. Thankfully it was short and got a chance to play the multiplayer, which I'm still getting used to, but having a lot of fun playing it. I think the game is okay, not the best out there, but worth checking out once it's discounted. 

Give it a shot.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HairyMike87

I believe that this game is a good attempt at a shooter that tries to have some kind of alternate history. When I first started playing the campaign, the visuals were awful, the sound was pretty bad, but the story was at least decent enough that it made me want to play through it. Thankfully it was short and got a chance to play the multiplayer, which I'm still getting used to, but having a lot of fun playing it. I think the game is okay, not the best out there, but worth checking out once it's discounted. 

Give it a shot.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

This counts as youtube spam dude if you do not at least have some text with it. About a paragraph.  

Aside from that THQ should have worked harder. They are trying a new IP and putting it along side CODBLOPS and BFBC2. The two biggest online shooters out there right now. A 5 hour main story and a online that borrows from both big ones is not gonna do it well. 

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By McShank

I dont understand anything about how this game is even good.. This makes me sick to see how people think the game isn't a complete PoS.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HairyMike87
    @McShank: Sorry to hear that you feel that way. I personally am enjoying this game and just wanted to put in my two cents to try and give people some perspective on what they can expect when purchasing it. I may not have any influence over people, but just wanted to share my thoughts.
    virtua_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By virtua_ben
    @McShank said:
    " I dont understand anything about how this game is even good.. This makes me sick to see how people think the game isn't a complete PoS. "
    Oh for fuck's sake.  Really, just gtfo if you're not going to say anything constructive.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Seedofpower
    @GAZERK said:
    " @McShank said:
    " I dont understand anything about how this game is even good.. This makes me sick to see how people think the game isn't a complete PoS. "
    Oh for fuck's sake.  Really, just gtfo if you're not going to say anything constructive. "
    Effective troll was effective.
    CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptainCody
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    "This counts as youtube spam dude if you do not at least have some text with it. About a paragraph.   Aside from that THQ should have worked harder. They are trying a new IP and putting it along side CODBLOPS and BFBC2. The two biggest online shooters out there right now. A 5 hour main story and a online that borrows from both big ones is not gonna do it well.  "

Kind of a dick move to discount his shit as spam when their wouldn't be enough room in a blog to write as much as he's saying.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By lordofultima
    @CaptainCody said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

"This counts as youtube spam dude if you do not at least have some text with it. About a paragraph.   Aside from that THQ should have worked harder. They are trying a new IP and putting it along side CODBLOPS and BFBC2. The two biggest online shooters out there right now. A 5 hour main story and a online that borrows from both big ones is not gonna do it well.  "
    Kind of a dick move to discount his shit as spam when their wouldn't be enough room in a blog to write as much as he's saying. "
    It is site rules...if you post your blog as a forum post then it is treated like a forum post, i.e. video embed with no body of text = spam. That said, I see a summarization above the video, and I'm viewing this in his blog anyway so...no harm no foul!
    mars188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By mars188

I Beat the Game and its Awful worse game so far for 2011- MP I Dont know i dont play online that much so you might be ok there'' But the One Player its awful and outdated more like a ps2 game from the pass.  Just My Views thanks
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pweidman

Yeah the game's decent.  MP could be really good if THQ would get their shit together.  They dropped the ball on launch and the servers are still a complete mess.  The sp is fun, albiet too short.  The atmosphere and universe they created totally works...strong Half Life 2 vibe for me.
    HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HairyMike87
    @pweidman: I just played a bit of the multiplayer a few hours ago and it seems to be much better server wise. They still are bringing in servers and need to have maintenance, but it seems to be getting better.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DonPixel
    @HairyMike87:  I just saw you video, no disrespect but you have a terrible taste
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pweidman
    @HairyMike87

Yeah I heard it was working better last night.  I'll try the mp again tonight w/some friends, but w/Crysis 2 tomorrow, it better hook me quick ;).
    HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HairyMike87
    @DonPixel: No disrespect taken. Have you noticed any of the other games that I enjoy? I'm sure that it would not be wise to pass judgment simply on one game that I commented on now would it? Not saying that you can't tell me that I have bad taste in games, which may be true, but at least I can try and find some joy in those that may not have a mass appeal or expertly crafted. At least I am having fun and that's all that matters. 
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DonPixel

You probably right, still is a little odd sounds more to me you trying to convince yourself homefront is "fun" .. i know it hurts to spent 60 dollars in that p.o.s but denial won't help

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HairyMike87
    @DonPixel: All I'm saying is that I'm having fun with the game. Though it's not great in comparison to some other games, but it isn't the worst game out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.