Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

I wrote some stuff down while playing Homefront:

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross

And here it is...

I got Homefront through gamefly. I'll play it over the weekend.

Okay... making you hate the enemy... I get it. 

The guns feel pretty good.

Haha, firesale at the tiger direct or whatever.

Really like the feel of the guns, despite the sound design not being totally awesome.

Pretty good diversity with the missions. Pacing feels good, too. The actual story is alright... but it's still a military first person shooter game.

Go through the White Castle! (White Castle is disgusting, btw)

The stealth mission was pretty cool. Enjoyed the sniping portion at the end, too.

Why would a helicopter fly through a tunnel?

Oh sweet, this game uses SpeedTree. 

Pretty weak ending, in my opinion. Oh well, I guess they can always do Homefront 2...

If PSN was up I would try out the multiplayer, but oh wells to that! 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I like how the game is short enough that you only had to write down 11 notes, haha.

rbanke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By rbanke

I was super excited for Homefront to come out but I spent my entire playthrough just thinking about how much better everything would have been had they put more time/polish into it. So disapointing for a game that I think could have been very awesome. IIRC it sold pretty well, so they'll probably make another. Hopefully they give it more attention. It's a similar situation to Medal of Honor. If you're attempting to top Call of Duty, releasing a half-assed unpolished game is probably not the best approach. 

The multiplayer is pretty fun even with the flaws. It needs to be a bit deeper, but its certainly worth checking out.
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I could write some stuff down too but I'm afraid it would just turn into a hate email sent to the developers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.