Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Why should i pick up Homefront?

vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By vietthreat

I've heard many people talk about how Homefront is one of their most anticipated games and i was wondering what makes it different from the other FPS juggernauts out there?

vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vietthreat

I've heard many people talk about how Homefront is one of their most anticipated games and i was wondering what makes it different from the other FPS juggernauts out there?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

Seems like more of the same, really. Might be fun if you don't have Black Ops or Bad Company 2.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By alternate

Most people who anticipated it were looking forward to the Red Dawn story aspect.  Report from ppl who have played it seem to peg it as a generic shooter with noticeably bad AI.  I have not heard if the story makes up for this but I do hear it is short.  I think I will wait for it to be heavily discounted.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Kaos Studios wanna be DiCE but they just can't.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By fox01313

Hard to tell for sure until the game is out though it does look like it might be interesting. Just borrow or rent it first to find out if you want to see more of it.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Cameron

No idea. It has been heavily advertised, so maybe people have been swayed by that. It certainly isn't due to the history of the developer.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DoctorTran

Certainly interested in it. However I just got DAII and my next game I'll be buying is the balls of steep edition of DNF, 4 days before my wedding. So I'll Probably wait until after inFamous 2 comes out.

Kids. Weddings are an awesome, beautiful thing... But god damn, even the cheap ones are expensive.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DonPixel

you shouldn´t i´ve play it for a couple of hours... and ther´s better ps2 games out there.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By GeekDown

The only reason why I'm interested in it is because John Milius wrote the story. Can't wait for the reviews to start pouring in.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By shivermetimbers

Probably not, this is too generic and there's no room for any sort of failure in this genre.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By LegalBagel

The story looks interesting and potentially well done from what I've heard, and it has good reviews so far.  This game is definitely on my radar now, though don't think enough to preorder it.  Surprised I haven't heard more of it, though I guess the slam of conferences and DA2/Dead Space 2 have occupied the last month or so.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ttocs

I'm mainly getting it for the story/setting.  From what I've heard, it sounds pretty cool.  But, I'm also getting Yakuza 4 and Okamiden so if it sucks, no biggie.  I'll still play it though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.