Durgers!

#1 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

After this epic Bombcast, I have started to casually use the term "durgers" to some rather alarmed looking people. How can we help this incredible wrinkle in the English language catch on?

#2 Posted by Phr4nk0 (349 posts) -

I don't have hotdogs nearly often enough but whenever I can I'm using durgers aswell. The more people saying it the more likely it'll start to spread!
#3 Posted by BRYN (90 posts) -

Another neat fact: the Mega64 alias of Hamburger is Hambog.
Get it?

Hamburger
Hot Dog
=
Hot Durger
Hambog

#4 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

It's probably gonna risk alienating myself from people at school, but it'll be worth it just to say "durgers".

#5 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

... Me and my friend who listens to the Bombcast use the term whenever we want durgers...

We are not liked so much...

#6 Posted by demontium (4708 posts) -
#7 Posted by Trissai (5 posts) -

I Just had a bbq with some friends, I reckon i have gotten the wrong end of the stick thinking durgers where hot dogs and burgers together....
I would like to add that it was awesome.... maybe you could say it was a HamDurger....

#8 Posted by Devilkas (54 posts) -

NeoGAF and 4Chan

#9 Posted by cikame (993 posts) -

Durger is such a cool word that yes, i will start saying it.

#10 Posted by eternalmatt (53 posts) -

I am currently going to listen to the complete podcast so I can hear this reference after having watched the last 30 seconds of the SCII video review.

#11 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -
@eternalmatt: the mega64 podcast is where the original reference came from
#12 Posted by iSylence (345 posts) -

Speaking of durgers, well kinda, that was one good looking burger next to that durger at the end of the Starcraft II video review. Is that from a burger place somewhere?

#13 Posted by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -

I also shall start saying durger publicly, cause it sounds so awesome.

#14 Posted by ThePickle (4168 posts) -

I'm gonna start saying it

#15 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

I haven't busted this out in awhile, time to freshen up my vocabulary with this incredible term again...!

#16 Posted by bigbadron (24 posts) -
#17 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

Every now and again, I think of durgers - and am happy for this thread so I can listen to the bombcast where i first heard of them on demand.  Why are durgers tastier than hot dogs when they are the same thing?  No one knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.