Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2015

The sequel to Dennaton's hit 2D action game moves the neon murder from the '80s to a '90s setting, and concludes the series.

Ash and Alex?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Am I missing something, or does this character(s) control like complete goddamn garbage? I'm at what I presume to be the last level of the third act, and haven't chosen to play as them up until this point because it seems pointless. I can never hit what I'm aiming at because whichever character has the gun is taking their sweet fucking time and enjoying the scenery, making it pretty much a melee only character, and a fucking dumpster fire of one at that. Does anyone have any tips for controlling this character, or is it just...bad?

I'm a little bit disappointed and frustrated with this game.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I use them mainly as a bait and chainsaw kind of duo. I fire the gun when in a room at nothing in particular, and when enemies rush me, I chainsaw them down. You can hit so fast with the chainsaw that most of the time they don't stand a chance. Either that or just rush the level, which usually works wonderfully.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

@straightgrizzly said:

I use them mainly as a bait and chainsaw kind of duo. I fire the gun when in a room at nothing in particular, and when enemies rush me, I chainsaw them down. You can hit so fast with the chainsaw that most of the time they don't stand a chance. Either that or just rush the level, which usually works wonderfully.

This. Though occasionally I'll land a hit with a gun and it'll save my ass.

Something I didn't realize until the last time you play as them is that when you run out off ammo, just approaching another gun will cause that character to pick it up. I dunno if knowing that would've made em more useful, but there it is.

I just looked at the achievements and there's one for shooting enemies while doing a chainsaw execution. I guess that's another use for them.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How do you even unlock them, is it progression because I've got the other three Fans good to go

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@infamousbig: I just beat the game, I hope these few tips help.

• Just use the chainsaw primarily.
    • Use Ash to lour enemies to you. One gun shot ill give you a handful and they will not have the time to responded to the chainsaw one hit kill.
    • If your caught in a moment where you have to kill a guy longer than 1 second, you can still shoot the gun. For the most part he will be pointing in the direction you need him to, hopefully.
    • Use lots of corners and run behind doors.

That's how I got through it. The levels after that get longer and tougher, with more dudes with guns. Good luck.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are definitely a neat idea, but two things hold them back for me right now.

1. As it turns out, using both melee and ranged options at the same time is actually pretty difficult in a game like Hotline Miami.

2. The pathing for the gun one (Ash, I think) is way too inconsistent for major plays, so most of the time I just end up cheesing it by treating Ash like a walking lure.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like to just run around with the chainsaw and attempt to provide cover with the gun. i die a lot, but... it's fun.

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Considering the gun guy is invincible and invisible to enemies I'd say he's pretty good.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think it'd be cool if you played at the gun dude, and the chainsaw guy just goes around chainsawing like a maniac.

Yeah. This game is hard enough as it is with one person to control. The multitasking skill required to take full potential of these characters may be beyond human ability. I mainly used gun guy as a taunt so that enemies would be attracted to me after shooting. Then when they ran in the room, I'd sever their guts for all they're worth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I never enjoyed using Ash and Alex for that reason. Try out the other fans, the rest of them are really fun. The only Ash and Alex required level I didn't have much trouble with and it's pretty late in the game.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The bait and kill technique is key. I just finished this level, and lemme tell you, I love to hear that it just gets harder from here.

I will finish this game. I finished the first, I can do this one. (I keep repeating to myself...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.