Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2015

The sequel to Dennaton's hit 2D action game moves the neon murder from the '80s to a '90s setting, and concludes the series.

Significance of choice (possible spoilers)

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has anyone noticed any significance to the choices they make in the game? For instance, playing as the Russian thug, your boss offers you some drugs, I chose to walk away from it, and the game wouldn't let me back in his office once I turned around. I am wondering if this is any real effect on the story, so far I haven't seen anything but maybe someone else has.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Not sure, but I would consider going back through the game on hard. A few things lead me to believe its almost necessary if you want a complete picture. Also, they completely flip every level, which is kind of a cheap way to add variety, but it seems like they might be changing enemy placement too, so whatever. Either way they succeed at making a game I just beat feel fresh. And since there's a hiddent trophy I don't have, there's almost certainly more story stuff after you beat it the first time.

AntiHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another choice that people may miss is when you are playing as the reporter/writer. If you stop attacking after the score pops up you will not be able to pick up any of the lethal weapons. There is additional animations for the guns when you try to pick them up. (He unloads the shells from the shotgun, for instance.) However, if you choose to kill, the screen will flash and have a red tint, at which point you can pick up any weapons and use them accordingly. I thought it was a cool little touch, and makes me wonder what else I may have missed.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: They don't just change enemy placement, they change enemy types and even the level layouts change. You'll know it when you get to that fucking boat level on hard mode, holy shit.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@rongalaxy I don't think there's any extra story stuff in hard mode. Or, at least, the trophies (including the secret ones) give no indication. It's possible they've hidden a super secret ending or something in there, but if it requires S-ranking every scene in hard mode there's no way I'm getting it myself.

@mancombseepgood Goddamn that level was a nightmare. I remember thinking it was hard on normal, but trying to fight 4 of those big guys in the 4th part of that level was brutal.

In regards to choice, I do know there are certain scenes that you can unlock by completing certain criteria. (mild Jake-related spoiler)

One of the Jake levels has a reward if you can reach the end of it without dying.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

I found a very minor one today. At the end of 'Hard News' if you pick up a briefcase on the desk of the final room, Jake will have a new car and a pinball machine in his house the next time you play as him. I did this on accident while playing Hard Mode and was curious if it had any plot significance. But only slightly.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By handlas

There's that one blatant choice...do this or do that near the end as the writer. You see a note from your wife to call her and you can either go to your desk or go to the phone. I went to the phone and the scene ended so I dunno if anything else happens if you go to the desk. I guess I could just play that level again but I'm going thru hard mode now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@rongalaxy: They don't just change enemy placement, they change enemy types and even the level layouts change. You'll know it when you get to that fucking boat level on hard mode, holy shit.

As rough as I expect that level will be nothing is going to be worse than the Power Plant. I just...I don't even want to think about that lmao.

jazzylament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By jazzylament

@handlas

I believe that affects the ending.

I went to the desk, and in my ending Richter was watching an interview with Evan talking about his book. In the credits sequence where everyone is getting nuked, Evan is shown at his desk, pausing before looking up out of his window. I saw the ending sequence again in a youtube video, and in that sequence, Richter was watching a different show, and Evan was shown having dinner with his family.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.