Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

A top-down shooter game with an 80s aesthetic, a brutal style, and a thoughtful, slightly surreal philosophy underlying the story about the nature of violence.

Confirmed for PS4 w/ cross buy; "Surprises at E3 with Sony"

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hotline Miami is coming to PS4 as we’d already suspected, but it has now been confirmed with cross-buy, meaning that if you have either the PS3 of PS Vita editions already you’ll get the new build at no extra cost.

Speaking with Destructoid, Devolver Digital’s Nigel Lowrie said “We’re going to bring Hotline Miami 1 to PS4… and we’re going to keep it Cross-buy because we feel that if the user has already bought it for a PlayStation platform, they have the right to own it on Vita, on PS4, on PS3. It’s different on PlayStation to PC because they’re totally different environments.”

Generous stuff no? It’s being developed by Dutch studio Abstraction Games, under the keen eye of creators Dennaton Games.

source.

It is good to see devolver using the cross buy system for HM on PS4. I started it on PS3 but it is good to know i will get the PS4 version at no extra cost.

They also teased some surprises with sony at E3 in the following video.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't care much for the port since the flimsy PC I had before could play it perfectly (and I never felt a controller would improve the experience). Good thing for them though, I loved that game and if it brings the game to new people then I'm happy.

That said, curious to see what is going to be at E3. I would guess that Hotline Miami 2 would also be on consoles and that's it, but maybe there's more. We'll see.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

That's good news for me. I already own it and and never got around to playing it on PS3.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@fear_the_booboo: They patched in 360 controller support for Hotline Miami at some point.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

The best and only way to play the game is on the Vita so....cool? I just didn't care for playing it on the PS3 so I don't know how the PS4 will be different.

BUT at least they are doing this and not making people buy the game again, looking at you NINTENDO!

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mb: Yeah that's true. Is it any good? I always felt the mouse+kb was perfect for that game, and I've never been a big PC gamer.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Nodima

@fear_the_booboo: it takes a little to get used to but I ended up being better at the game (still not beat stage four better, but better) by the end of my time with it. My hands are definitely a lot more used to a controller so there was a lot less pressing the wrong button, throwing my weapon away when I meant to do something else or whatever. I also noticed there was a lock-on on the console version which I never used on Mac and that was super helpful.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ripelivejam

i find it funny this supposedly amazing hardware is being used to showcase (albeit cool) indie games with retro graphics. it's not what i would have expected of the PS4 when it was revealed.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

i find it funny this supposedly amazing hardware is being used to showcase (albeit cool) indie games with retro graphics. it's not what i would have expected of the PS4 when it was revealed.

That's my problem with Sony right now is that they are focusing too much indie games. The games are fun and a nice addition but they should really be focusing on getting really high quality retail games. Again indie games are cool, but my laptop can run most of them at full quality, and if i wait a month or so i can normally get a bunch of them from Humble Bundle.

I hope Sony has some big games announced at E3, and not just 60 minutes of extra game play nonsense that they have been doing recently. Although with their current financial situation i doubt they will be buying exclusives anytime soon.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: When the 360 first came out and an old friend got one, he spent most of his time playing some really basic games because, well Perfect Dark was all he had on it other than those games.

I'm not surprised to see this many indies going to the PS4 so early on. It's hardware will get pushed in time. What's more worrying is the Vita, who has all this great hardware, but no development that's pushing it apart from maybe one or two games.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@zombie2011: They have those games lined up in fact two premier titles just debuted last week. The focus on indie games is great. Its the appetisers that keep you playing and engaging with your PS4 during the down months. And considering many of them are debuting on PS+ at no additional cost you will always have something interesting to do on PS4 even if it doesn't have the wizbang graphics of inFAMOUS or Ground Zeroes. Its not the main attraction for sure but they are good reasons to keep your PS4 on between big releases.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That soundtrack got me into Perturbator, which you should be too if you like the Hotline Miami soundtrack.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

FYI, you can d/l this on PS4 already. Think it's not suppose to come out until next week but I saw it in my "library" I guess because I have it on my PSVita and it already let me d/l it on PS4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.