Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

A top-down shooter game with an 80s aesthetic, a brutal style, and a thoughtful, slightly surreal philosophy underlying the story about the nature of violence.

Final Boss Fight

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

After killing the cats the lady instakills me. WTF?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

pick something up and chuck it at her

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I haven't played for a while but I fthink you have to quickly get behind the cover in the corners and pick up the knives she throws at you and throw them back. Keep at it, you'll get her.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

The final boss ruined the game for me .

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

That's not the final boss. At least I don't think it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Get some distance away from her when you kill the cat. Every action must be done really quick. When she is dead you have to be behind a pillar or something so the boss guy doesn't instant-shoot you.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man its really fucking fast. I killed the cats next to the fountain where the trophy is, and after she speaks I can't even move one step before I am dead. I found a YouTube video. And the timing is NOT AT ALL like that. Bug in the Mac-Version?

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Pop

@afrofools said:

Get some distance away from her when you kill the cat. Every action must be done really quick. When she is dead you have to be behind a pillar or something so the boss guy doesn't instant-shoot you.

Oh you can get behind cover? lol, I got the lady in her down position then waited for her to drag herself as close to the boss as possible kill her then quickly get really close to the boss I get in his dead zone chug that knife or whatever then wait for him to reload run get another knife and kill him, it took a while but I did it, I kind of thought that wasn't the way it was intended after I did it. Also about halfway through my fails, I killed him but I also died and the "get to your car" music started playing and none of the other sounds worked so I beat him while listening to that song over and over.

edit: pretty good game that I didn't expect to be good until I actually played it.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Laiv162560asse

@wuddel said:

Man its really fucking fast. I killed the cats next to the fountain where the trophy is, and after she speaks I can't even move one step before I am dead. I found a YouTube video. And the timing is NOT AT ALL like that. Bug in the Mac-Version?

The timing and difficulty changed a lot in one of the patches. I've played through it twice and it was night and day. It's possible these changes haven't made it to the Mac version...?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wuddel

@laivasse: No idea. My PC is dead currently, so I am scraping the bottom of the barrel here. This is an otherwise great game, which I was surprised I actually could tackle. I doubt there is cloud sync.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Took me about a cumulative hour to get through that little encounter. Then after I killed the guy, the game crashed to desktop.

I was not a fan of the boss fights in that game even when they worked properly.

sam1am7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sam1am7000
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wuddel

@sam1am7000: yeah, no way. So I watched a bunch of video now s, and my game is not at all like that. I even killed the panthers, while having locked onto her and throwing the cup instantly after the cutscene ended and still she throws a star or stabs me with her sword (while I seem to be locked in that animation).

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I played the mac version. Had no idea it was different. Maybe there is a mask that will help in some way? Good luck.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, maybe I just suck. Or they increased the difficulty. It's just not like in the videos.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kite the cats towards where you came in so when you kill them you have a larger window of time while they lady lunges at you. After you throw a weapon at her, let her crawl as close to the guy sitting at the table as possible before you finish her off. Then once she is dead get behind the desk directly next to the desk guy and his bullets will go through you. When he is reloading (watching a few cycles will help you know the timing), run out and puck up a knife and get back to your spot. It's the best way I've found to beat that boss battle.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By BisonHero

@wuddel said:

I dunno, maybe I just suck. Or they increased the difficulty. It's just not like in the videos.

I believe they did patch that boss fight at some point after release, so yes, some of those videos were probably made within a few days of the game's release, and aren't the same as the way the fight works now.

sam1am7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wuddel: I dunno try hiding behind one of the pillars or something, as she throws the stars...

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't really remember it being that difficult, maybe it is bugged somehow. I played the PC version right after it came out.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@bisonhero: Hrmm I remember when I beat him there was a bug on third phase after you kill the lady where if you get right up next to the guy in the chair his bullets cant hit you.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By BisonHero

@maskedarcstrike said:

@bisonhero: Hrmm I remember when I beat him there was a bug on third phase after you kill the lady where if you get right up next to the guy in the chair his bullets cant hit you.

I don't know if it's a bug, so much as the boss has his arm extended and his gun is like a foot long, so the origin point for the bullets coming from the gun is several feet out from the center of his body. Combine that with the part where the game lets you just pass through enemies, and it meant you could just move directly on top of him and technically all of the bullets are originating from a point farther on than that and can't hit you. Though I thought I heard they eventually changed that because it just seemed silly.

I believe you could do that with regular gun-toting enemies as well, especially since few of them move once they have line of sight with you, though you'll rarely get into a scenario where you will stay that close to enemies without immediately murdering them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.