Need help on the "final chapter" boss. (spoilers)

#1 Posted by BananaHammock (141 posts) -

I can kill the panthers and ninja chick just fine but when the Russian guy pulls out the SMGs I always die. I've been trying this for like an hour now. What am I missing?

#2 Posted by StealthRaptor (528 posts) -

Try throwing the knives the chick drops.

#3 Edited by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

@BananaHammock: I got stuck on the same part.

When the chick drops the throwing kives. stock pile some on the other side of one of the fountains. When he shoots, he can't shoot through that. He'll stop to reload and when he does, pop out and throw the knives. You'll have to do this twice, so you'll want to get at least two of the knives over where you're going to hide before you finish off the chick.

#4 Posted by Patman99 (1581 posts) -

There is a spot, right beside the boss where there is a safe zone. Pick up a throwing knife, then head right beside the boss in the corner that is created by his chair and the desk. He will still shoot but the bullets don't hit. Hit him with the knife, and when he reloads quickly run and grab another and do it again.

#5 Posted by ectoplasma (979 posts) -

Just hover the mouse over his head before you left click on the last line of dialogue and press right-left, move to the next throwing knife (should be 1-2 steps) and right-left again. It's tense and I think it's a stupid sequence but after a couple tries it should work.

#6 Posted by bvilleneuve (265 posts) -

Yeah you can do it some other lame way, but the awesome action-movie way is to use the fountains to your advantage. Grab knife, hide behind fountain and lock on, then throw while he's reloading. Then before he starts shooting again quickly grab another knife and hide behind the other fountain, and repeat.

I thought it was a really cool puzzle sequence.

#7 Posted by BananaHammock (141 posts) -

Used the fountain method and beat it on my third try. Thanks for the help!

#8 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

Kill the cats with the trophy, throw the trophy at the chick, then pick up a knife and start running around the guy in a circle counter-clockwise. While you keep going around in a circle, hit him with one knife...then pick up another and hit him with that one. GG.

#9 Posted by Linkster7 (1025 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Kill the cats with the trophy, throw the trophy at the chick, then pick up a knife and start running around the guy in a circle counter-clockwise. While you keep going around in a circle, hit him with one knife...then pick up another and hit him with that one. GG.

I also seemed to have to to clockwise after the first knife hitting to avoid hitting the bullet spray. Seems like a small step but I had to die some more times to figure it out, so just in case of future reference.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.