Bye Hudson.

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11936 posts) -

At first I thought Casey died :(

#3 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

What?!
No way

#4 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Oh, dear god. That's terrible. Though, they're way beyond their heyday now, Mario Party started getting bad around the sixth installment IMO. Bomberman's a real pity, his legacy drove me to own a Dreamcast.

#5 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Konami hasn't been especially impressive lately either so I don't imagine Hudson properties are in more capable hands.

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

*pours out a 40 for Hudson*

#7 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" *pours out a 40 for Hudson* "
Amen brother. 
#8 Posted by Hailinel (24794 posts) -

Say what you will about the Mario Party series, Hudson produced a lot of entertaining games over the years.  This is definitely a downer.

#9 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Shame.

#10 Posted by ProfessorEss (7371 posts) -

This would've been sad news ten years ago.

#11 Posted by RoboRobb (1052 posts) -

R.I.P pour one out to fallen bruthaz...

No seriously, this news is saddening, but Mario party games were getting pretty dry..

#12 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

I will miss this most of all. 

#13 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

That's too bad. Hope those people can get their jobs back somehow.

#14 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

I feel more and more studios closes its doors .
Is it only the biggest companies that has chance in current industry?

#15 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Looks like they won't be milking the tired BomberMan franchise anymore, someone else will be.

#16 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2220 posts) -

I did enjoy Mario Party 4 but I never was into bomberman. Sad to see them close their doors especially after being in gaming for so long, kinda makes me wonder which Japanese developer will be next. Capcom perhaps?

#17 Posted by Aetheldod (3582 posts) -

Sad people lost their jobs , but what was the last "cool" title from them? Or better yet which was THE game from them in recent years? read the blog andeven the guy knows that japanese game design is not up to date with current standards oh well hudson soft is still on in japan but who knows if the will ever do something/export for western audiences

#18 Posted by Gill (134 posts) -
@Kjellm87: Developers go out of business. New developers open their doors. People just make a bigger deal about the closures.
#19 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

It always sucks when a developer/publisher goes out of bussiness but when was the last time Hudson released something other then mediocre crap?

#20 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

This isn't all of Hudson though, right? This is just Hudson Entertainment, the American distribution arm of Hudson Japan, the developer/publisher. 

At least, that's my understanding of this.

#21 Posted by endaround (2145 posts) -

Umm guys, this is Hudson Entertainment which basically was just the NA import arm for Hudson.  Hudson still exists (sort of).

#22 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -

#23 Posted by drac96 (671 posts) -

NOOOOOO I want more Bloody Roar!

#24 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

I went digging l looking for games that I have played by them.  Turns out I only ever played Bomberman.  Hudson was was also the source of such great Wii ware releases as My Aquarium and Pop Them, Drop Them SameGame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.