Review from GI - scores a 1.0

#1 Posted by KaneRobot (1639 posts) -
#2 Posted by iAmJohn (6121 posts) -
Outside of those brief appearances, Hulk is about as frequently seen as Waldo. Between matches in the career mode, you’ll watch comic book-style panels explaining that you’re working for a rotten wrestling booker named Booker. Still shots of Hogan are shown during these, complete with speech bubbles over his head. It probably would have taken Hulk an extra 15 minutes in the VO booth to record the entirety of the game’s text dialogue, but I assume he was too busy marrying women that look identical to his daughter.

Ice cold.

Can't wait for the Quick Look now.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4683 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Outside of those brief appearances, Hulk is about as frequently seen as Waldo. Between matches in the career mode, you’ll watch comic book-style panels explaining that you’re working for a rotten wrestling booker named Booker. Still shots of Hogan are shown during these, complete with speech bubbles over his head. It probably would have taken Hulk an extra 15 minutes in the VO booth to record the entirety of the game’s text dialogue, but I assume he was too busy marrying women that look identical to his daughter.

Ice cold.

Can't wait for the Quick Look now.

Booker T is the villain? Awesome.

Online
#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4974 posts) -
#5 Posted by Jeff (3580 posts) -

HNGGGG! I hope this game shows up soon, I can't wait to play it.

Staff Online
#6 Posted by coakroach (2491 posts) -

Any other washed up wrestlers people can make terrible kinect games out of?

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

Doesn't surprise me. When I first see it, it looked like the biggest pile of shit I have seen for the Kinect so far.

#8 Edited by Mister_Avatar (67 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

Doesn't surprise me. When I first see it, it looked like the biggest pile of shit I have seen for the Kinect so far.

Wow even more than the Phelps swimming game. I mean don't get me wrong they're both crap kinect games but I think wrestling- at least in so far as a premise- sounds fun as a kinect title.

#9 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Game looks like shit, but I want to see a Quick Look of this just to see how bad it is. 

#10 Posted by The_LMFAO_Guy (192 posts) -

How about a video review from Alex Navarro?

#11 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

@Mister_Avatar said:

@JJOR64 said:

Doesn't surprise me. When I first see it, it looked like the biggest pile of shit I have seen for the Kinect so far.

Wow even more than the Phelps swimming game. I mean don't get me wrong they're both crap kinect games but I think wrestling- at least in so far as a premise- sounds fun as a kinect title.

I don't think the Phelps game is bad, it seems to have good mechanics and tracks fine for all the different swimming styles. However, it shouldn't be a game on it's own just not enough variety, If this was released as an 2012 Olymipics game with a some different events thrown in i could see it being a pretty good game.

#12 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5019 posts) -

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

How about a video review from Alex Navarro?

Yeah! For old times sake.

#13 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@coakroach said:

Any other washed up wrestlers people can make terrible kinect games out of?

As big of a fan as I've always been of him, Flair is so desperate nowadays that he'll do anything for cash.

I suggest a Flair Flop simulator for Kinect.

#14 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Jeff said:

HNGGGG! I hope this game shows up soon, I can't wait to play it.

Haha

#15 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@Jeff said:

HNGGGG! I hope this game shows up soon, I can't wait to play it.

Should be good. :)

#16 Posted by Metal_Mills (3001 posts) -
@Jeff said:

HNGGGG! I hope this game shows up soon, I can't wait to play it.

I can't wait to watch you play it!
#17 Posted by coakroach (2491 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: That is both a brilliant idea for a terrible Kinect game and a potential health hazard/class action lawsuit.

You're hired.

#18 Posted by Soap (3595 posts) -

I see the quick look of the year coming on!

#19 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@coakroach: Hell, we could even use the Kinect voice support to have a mini-game where you cut Flair-esque promos until you got an aneurism

#20 Posted by Gamer_152 (14080 posts) -

This is probably going to make the game much more entertaining than if it had been merely okay. Can't wait for the quick look on this one.

Moderator
#21 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Im kind of wondering what Hulk's wife has to do with anything. Any attractive tan blonde girl is going to kind of look like his daughter. Making an attractive blonde tan girl with your expert sperm doesn't make them less attractive.

Anyway, GI reviewer, enjoy the most attention you'll ever get for anything, I guess.

#22 Posted by MattClassic (443 posts) -

Quick Look. It must be done.

Online
#23 Posted by Homeslice (553 posts) -

Yeah -- so I guess they just kinda ran out of time last week or something?

#24 Edited by Barrock (3536 posts) -

Jeff? Quick Look?

Edit: From Formspring!

"They didn't send us a copy (they said they would!) and the distribution was so poor that it took awhile for me to track down and buy a copy. I have one now, we'll probably get it taken care of this week."

#25 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -
@Barrock said:

Jeff? Quick Look?

Edit: From Formspring!

"They didn't send us a copy (they said they would!) and the distribution was so poor that it took awhile for me to track down and buy a copy. I have one now, we'll probably get it taken care of this week."

Yay!
#26 Posted by Barrock (3536 posts) -

Legitimately hope it's an hour and a half long.

#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11128 posts) -

This reminds me of how Hulk Hogan turned down the grills that George Foreman became the spokesman for. He wouldn't be in this mess if he has all that grill money! (Well, maybe he would be, because he probably wouldn't have all that money.)

Moderator Online
#28 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Come on, 1.0? There has to be at least some ironic goodness buried in there.

#29 Posted by Chris2KLee (2336 posts) -

Hogan putting his name on a crappy product? Say it ain't so! I look forward to this quicklook, might be the most amusing Hogan related thing I have seen in awhile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.