Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Humble Bundle

Concept »

A digital storefront which donates some of its profits to charity.

Humble Indie Bundle #3 Launches With Another Five Great Games

• 85 results
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    The five stars in the Humble Indie Bundle lineup, plus the two charities involved.
    The five stars in the Humble Indie Bundle lineup, plus the two charities involved.

Nothing sounds sweeter in a slow economy than pay-what-you-want. The Humble Indie Bundle has been a phenomenal success, generating millions of dollars for developers and two charities: Child's Play and Electronic Frontier Foundation.

The third bundle launched today, and has racked up nearly $100,000 in sales, as of this writing. That number is increasing every second, however, and will assuredly be out of date as soon as you read this. If you want to keep tabs on the money, the counter updates in real-time on the website. It's mesmerizing.

VVVVVV is one of the best--and most brutally difficult--platformers to come around in years.
    VVVVVV is one of the best--and most brutally difficult--platformers to come around in years.

Humble Indie Bundle #3 includes Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight and And Yet It Moves. All five games are built to run on Windows, Mac and Linux without DRM--and include Steam keys.

I've played all but Hammerfight, and can vouch for the quality of those four generously. The bundles tend to include the best of the best, so all this means is that I'm being introduced to something new and great.

Plus, if you've been looking for a finger destroyer, VVVVVV is it. I'm still having nightmares from beating that one, but with the addition of new levels, the temptation to jump back in again is strong.

The average contribution is currently $4.25, but pay-what-you-want means exactly that. If you don't have more, pay less.

If you're feeling generous, pony up! Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Perrson is at the top of the contributor leaderboards, having thrown $2,000 towards the feel good cause.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek

Nothing sounds sweeter in a slow economy than pay-what-you-want. The Humble Indie Bundle has been a phenomenal success, generating millions of dollars for developers and two charities: Child's Play and Electronic Frontier Foundation.

The third bundle launched today, and has racked up nearly $100,000 in sales, as of this writing. That number is increasing every second, however, and will assuredly be out of date as soon as you read this. If you want to keep tabs on the money, the counter updates in real-time on the website. It's mesmerizing.

Humble Indie Bundle #3 includes Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight and And Yet It Moves. All five games are built to run on Windows, Mac and Linux without DRM--and include Steam keys.

I've played all but Hammerfight, and can vouch for the quality of those four generously. The bundles tend to include the best of the best, so all this means is that I'm being introduced to something new and great.

Plus, if you've been looking for a finger destroyer, VVVVVV is it. I'm still having nightmares from beating that one, but with the addition of new levels, the temptation to jump back in again is strong.

The average contribution is currently $4.25, but pay-what-you-want means exactly that. If you don't have more, pay less.

If you're feeling generous, pony up! Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Perrson is at the top of the contributor leaderboards, having thrown $2,000 towards the feel good cause.

Onisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Onisama

Hrmm maybe i'll pick these up, have been wanting to try VVVVV forever.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

Never mind.

jonbrunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jonbrunt

Awesome! Can't wait to pick these up!

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By callumbay

VVVVVV is so great! Probably gonna get this even though I have 2 of them already, all for a good cause!

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Thoseposers

Sadly this round of games in the bundle isn't as appealing to me as the last ones. Plus i already have VVVVV. But good luck to them with their good cause

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Raven10

Cool. I have most of the games already so not for me this time.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeF

And Yet it Moves is a fantastic game, I highly recommend supporting the HIB3!

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By MisterMouse

Awesome stuff!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By buft

Notch was the top contributor the last time too as i recall, i bought the one that had aquaria in it but i had no interest in the last bundle(i cant remember the name,i want to say frozenbyte) i tried to buy this one too but seems they dont accept visa electron.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Cameron

I have bought the last few Humble Bundles, but I have already bought most of this stuff on Steam.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder

:( You spelled VVVVVV incorrectly.

neokef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By neokef

Already bought VVVVVV and "And Yet It Moves..." but I went ahead and threw in more money for it. Hopefully Clogs and Hammerfight is worth it. 

@buft: and yep, the Frozyenbyte bundle was the last one and the only one so far that I haven't bothered to install any of its games :P.

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Korne
    @BeachThunder said:
    I know, how hard is it to spell the letter W three times?
    krzaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By krzaq

Got all the previous bundles so I'll buy this one as well. Love VVVVV and AYIM. Also gonna give some luv to Crayon Physics and Cogs. That's really a great pack!

Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Zaxex

Love this. I've yet to see a charity game that I've not bought or enjoyed. I've spent $10 because I'm a little hard up at the moment after buying a computer. But it feels good to help a little. The option (default I might add) to pay $1 above the average is pure genius. Lets you be relatively cheap and yet generous plus it's only a dollar extra.

Wish I'd have known about the others before.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Silver-Streak

VVVVVV will make you SO ANGRY, but you'll feel great afterwards. My only warning: if you get to Veni Vidi Vici, prepare for powerful hate like you've never felt before.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By time allen

missed the last two. will redeem myself now.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By JoeyRavn

Fuck yeah, I love the HIB. Donating as we speak. Well, I write.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By louiedog

I was bummed about the Aquaria Quick Look because Vinny picked it up in a Steam Sale and didn't get it when it was in an earlier HIB. Why does Vinny hate charitable game bundles?

(That was sarcasm. I love Vinny)

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By Skald

I think I have all of those games except for Crayon Physics Deluxe, but what the hell, I should donate to the EFF anyway.

admachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By admachina

Picked it up this time

Been wanting to play Cogs VVVVV and AYIM for a while

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#23  Edited By kalmis

Also worth mentioning that VVVVVV has been updated to version 2.0. Biggest change, except for the whole game being rewritten in C++ would be the fact that there are new levels. These from other indie developers, such as Notch.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Pkshields

Picked it up ass soon as I seen notch talking about it on Twitter. Love VVVVVV, more than happy to play through it again.

misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25  Edited By misterhaan

glad i'm following @humble on twitter so i saw this, though i may have seen it here anyway.  i decided during the frozenbyte bundle to put $100 to EFF plus pay whatever i felt the games are worth minus a small bundle percentage, so did that!

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By zameer

Hammerfight is surprisingly decent.. you control your vehicle entirely with mouse movements! Bananas

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By cornbredx

Ya, I donated last year to this. I like how this charity works so I love when they do these. I will definitely be donating to it again =)

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sirdesmond

Going to have to buy this. I shouldn't spend much money, but it doesn't look I will have to (although I will have to at least hit the average price paid or I'll feel bad).

spncr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spncr

VVVVVV is fantastic. Worth it for just hearing the music.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Adamsons

Anyone have any first hand experience how this stacks up against SMB (Length / Difficulty.)

Always wanted to play through this and now I have no excuses, but some of the later Meat Boy levels were treacherous.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
    @BeachThunder said:
    Aren't you, too? Last I checked, it was ^^^^^^.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vexxan

Looks interesting, especially VVVVVV.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rjaylee

FYI, if you're making a purchase, please try to contribute at least $1 or something more worthwhile for this. I've been overhearing that doing the transaction itself through something like Paypal costs the people at Humble Bundle at the very minimum $0.50 cents, causing them to effectively lose money on this whole thing for all those people who donate something like a single penny.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AlexW00d

I don't even know if I'll play any of these, but I still bought it without any sort of hesitation, just like the three before.

Avatar image for deactivated-6041dd7056393
    deactivated-6041dd7056393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wish more charities would be included in this, I don't understand why all games related charitable events have to go to Child's Play, when there are so many other worthy charities out there.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By abendlaender

You know I don't think that VVVVVV is THAT hard, it had a decent challenge but nothing more.
    However, there IS that one collectable. You know the one I mean if you've played the game.

Anyway: Amazing deal, bought it even though I already own four of the games.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RuthLoose

@Abendlaender said:

You know I don't think that VVVVVV is THAT hard, it had a decent challenge but nothing more.However, there IS that one collectable. You know the one I mean if you've played the game. Anyway: Amazing deal, bought it even though I already own four of the games.

I do remember that one collectible. Damn near broke an Apple keyboard going after it.

Arlecchino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arlecchino

@Abendlaender said:

However, there IS that one collectable.

While doing that challenge in VVVVVV, I didn't think it was all that bad, just a bit of muscle memory required. That was until i finally got to the end and ended up on the wrong side of the block.

Didn't play it for weeks after that shit.

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dunchad

@RuthLoose:

Ahh, the memories. That was the very first collectable I ran into when I started the game and got a bit scared of what awaited me after it. :)

What's this about new levels? I guess I should take a look. Never did finish that 2nd run through on the reverse mode.

EDIT: @Abendlaender: There's always the No Death mode if you want a challenge. :) Ugh, and the Gravitron challenges.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Winternet

I am proud to say that I beat VVVVVV. All of it. Ok, except being alive for 1 minute in the Gravitron. That is just ridiculous.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RazielCuts
    @louiedog said:
    I was bummed about the Aquaria Quick Look because Vinny picked it up in a Steam Sale and didn't get it when it was in an earlier HIB. Why does Vinny hate charitable game bundles?  (That was sarcasm. I love Vinny)
    No that end bit was sarcasm, you hate Vinny!  

On another note, I always feel weird 'paying what you want' of being too cheap. Here's 2 quid - YOU BASTARD!  D: 
    DoNotBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DoNotBanMe

paid about 2.50 for this

Delusibeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Delusibeta
    @Adamsons said:
    Anyone have any first hand experience how this stacks up against SMB (Length / Difficulty.)  Always wanted to play through this and now I have no excuses, but some of the later Meat Boy levels were treacherous.
    Far shorter and far easier. I've beaten it in about two hours. Of course, there's several trinkets I haven't got, and Veni Vidi Vici is bloody murder (thankfully optional). That said, it's a decent challenge, and it's an absolutely superb game, probably the finest short game since Portal in my opinion. I've no problem with spending £5 on it.

As for the other four, I have Cogs and it's an interesting sliding-tile puzzler. The problem is that I hate sliding tile puzzles, although if you like them it's a very high quality puzzler. I've played the demos of Crayon Physics and And Yet It Moves, and I like what I saw. Will buy it later.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gike987
    @Delusibeta: The problem with cogs is that if you want to get gold you have to play the same puzzles over and over again until you beat them in some impossible fast time. You pretty much have to memorize the whole level and be super fast to be able to get gold in time for some of the levels. It's pretty fun to write autohotkey scripts for the game though, that's the only way I have ever managed to come even close to gold on some of the levels.
    thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Love Crayon Physics Deluxe and can wait to get a chance to play ^^^^^^ but hammer-fight is ridiculous, and not in a good way.  

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MeierTheRed

First bundle where none of the game appeal to me. Sadly. Might give them away instead.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By rjayb89  Online

Got it mainly for And Yet It Moves because I don't want to play the Wii version I have. Paid $10.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mnzy

I already have the two games I want, but with a steam key, I'll buy it anyway.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jasta

Bumble Indie Hundle's are great, shame I already own VVVVV. D=

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Adamsons
    @Delusibeta said:
    @Adamsons said:
    Anyone have any first hand experience how this stacks up against SMB (Length / Difficulty.)  Always wanted to play through this and now I have no excuses, but some of the later Meat Boy levels were treacherous.
    Far shorter and far easier. I've beaten it in about two hours. Of course, there's several trinkets I haven't got, and Veni Vidi Vici is bloody murder (thankfully optional). That said, it's a decent challenge, and it's an absolutely superb game, probably the finest short game since Portal in my opinion. I've no problem with spending £5 on it.  
    Ah thanks, looking forward to playing through it tomorrow. 

Just picked up Batman:AA as well, have a lot of catching up to do!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.