Humble Indie Bundle 3 now also includes Humble Indie Bundle 2!

#1 Posted by Ub3rSlug (150 posts) -

"It's a bundle in a bundle!"

Well, sweet! Those who purchased the third Humble Indie Bundle are receiving another bonus, on top of the six games that are already included in the pack. Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos and Revenge of the Titans are now available for download if you happened to buy the bundle before 10:30 AM today or pay more than the current average price (only $4.89 right now). As an extra treat, Steam and Desura keys for access to all of these games are also included in the bundle.

I wonder how many people skipped or missed the second Humble Indie Bundle, but bought the third one. It seems like in a lot of cases, people will have extra copies of the games from the second bundle to give away or share.

#2 Posted by emergency (1190 posts) -

Glad that I didn't buy it first time around. I missed the 2nd bundle too so this is perfect for me.

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

I'm probably jumping in on this now, but I hate these pay what you want deals because I never feel like I'm paying enough. At the same time, I'm not interested in most of the games being offered.

#4 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

I bought the other bundle anyways.

#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Bundle #2 is infinitely better than #3, if you don't have it you should definitely take up this deal.

#6 Posted by Cheesebob (1249 posts) -

@emergency: You would've been sent links to download it anyway.

Already bought the last one and will buy each pack till they stop.

#7 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12114 posts) -

I took advantage of this offer and am now the proud owner of a bunch of indie games that I'm probably not going to really play!

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
I took advantage of this offer and am now the proud owner of a bunch of indie games that I'm probably not going to really play!
Didn't my blogs give you reason enough? Or have I been covering HIB1 games?
#9 Posted by AlexW00d (6435 posts) -

@Ub3rSlug: Pretty sure you can't share them. I already owned Bundle 2 and VVVVVV yet Steam didn't say yay you have a load of games to give away...

#10 Posted by Ub3rSlug (150 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

Pretty sure you can't share them. I already owned Bundle 2 and VVVVVV yet Steam didn't say yay you have a load of games to give away...

You actually have a separate key for Bundle 2 on the purchase page for the third bundle, so you could just give that away to a friend.

I'm not sure what'll happen if you try to use the key on your own account and already have all of the games. Steam is always odd when it comes to gift copies of games, it seems like only certain purchases will get you extra copies to give to friends.

#11 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12114 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: Well, you did do Machinarium a while back, if I recall correctly. And I've seen you playing Osmos, but honestly I could do without all the quirky puzzle platformers with art styles and quirky puzzle games with art styles that comprise a good 70% of the games I have just obtained. Clearly, all the hardcore strategy and RPG indie developers aren't hipster-y enough to participate in this promotion (of course, they're also niche and eccentric enough to not even be on steam). If I could pay less than an arm and a leg for any one of Spiderweb Software's many overpriced but seemingly up my alley RPGs, I would do so in a heartbeat.
#12 Edited by C2C (860 posts) -

Just got the bundle within a bundle, with the only repeats being VVVVVV and Braid. Well, looks like my recomended indy games list, might expand :P

EDIT: I can also confirm that you can't gift repeats on if you just enter the product code.

#13 Posted by indus (85 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.