Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Humble Bundle

Concept »

A digital storefront which donates some of its profits to charity.

I got the Humble Indie Bundle 4!

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By technom

I started playing Super Meat Boy and it's wonderful. After this game, which one should I play?

Shank? Jamestown? Cave Story+ (even though I already finished Cave Story)? ...

We'll see. ;D

And you, GiantBombers? Did you buy the bundle?

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By technom

I started playing Super Meat Boy and it's wonderful. After this game, which one should I play?

Shank? Jamestown? Cave Story+ (even though I already finished Cave Story)? ...

We'll see. ;D

And you, GiantBombers? Did you buy the bundle?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By zeforgotten

Yup, got it and as I always do, I gave 50 bucks for it because why not?  

Almost punched a guy in the face because he just went "nah I pirated it" when I asked him if he bought it. 
    Guess that's better than paying $0.01 for it, but still.

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By technom

@ZeForgotten: Hey, 50 bucks! That's nice.

Actually, HiB4 is the first bundle I bought. I plan to buy the other ones and give a little more, to support the charities and the devs. :p

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Technom: Exactly. I could have paid less easily and even if you buy them seperately on steam it probably still wouldn't be $50 but most of the money went to Childs Play and the devs and then the rest just got split up whatever. 
    It's charity, that's why punching people who pirate it or pay only $0.01 for it in the face is a-ok with me. Or kick them, if that's more your thing :P
    Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vestigial_Man

Picked it up earlier, I've wanted to play SMB and cave story for a while. Charity gave me the excuse to take the risk on whether it would run on my laptop or not. I might one more and gift them round my friends for christmas.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I always feel bad about these bundles. I want the games, and I'd love to support the charities, but I feel like I'm ripping them off by paying such a low amount (I'd have just bought the games normally, if I could afford to).

But I suppose giving something is better than nothing.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ckeats

I can barely afford games, so I always buy these. I love them. I try to give as much as possible.

I'd say save cave story for later if you just finished it and give Bit. Trip Runner a try. If you can play meat boy without putting something through your screen, you'll have a blast with runner.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
    @ckeats said:

I can barely afford games, so I always buy these. I love them. I try to give as much as possible.

I'd say save cave story for later if you just finished it and give Bit. Trip Runner a try. If you can play meat boy without putting something through your screen, you'll have a blast with runner.

As long as he uses some sort of controller for it. 
    At least that's safer to throw at a screen with less chance of breaking it than say, a keyboard. Unless you have one of those Flimsy... I mean "flexible" keyboards
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Vexxan

Jamestown's been keeping me busy the past 7 hours, the levels are insane on the highest difficulty. I'll probably spend a lot of time in this game, I love bullet-hell shooters.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PokeIkzai

Jamestown is AMAZING. Cave Story+ is good, but Cave Story is always good. Shank is probably the worst thing here.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

You are not allowed to play another game until you get The Kid in SMB.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Shank is pretty terrible.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By 49th

I'm proud to say I've bought every Humble Bundle so far. Gotta say that I think this has been the best one yet.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By AssInAss

I paid $10 for it. I already had Super Meat Boy, Shank, Cave Story. I only bought it because this makes me want to actually finish Cave Story, and because those are all awesome games.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Choffy

I've bought the last three, even though my computer isn't good enough to play any of them.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By procrasturbate

Got it! Only tried Shank and Runner. Pretty cool.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By WickedCobra03

I gave $15 dollars. I own Super Meat Boy on the Xbox 360 (on sale for 5 a few weeks ago) and Cave Story (on the Wii) as well as Bit Trip Runner, so I kind of don't need these again, but it is nice to get these games on my Mac machines... so I ended up giving 15 which I thought was a fair price for basically the 3 games I wanted.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlexW00d

@49th said:

I'm proud to say I've bought every Humble Bundle so far. Gotta say that I think this has been the best one yet.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoLines

I've bought every damn one of 'em. They've been great! But this one... this one takes the cake. Isn't that right, Zach?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By BoG

Sadly, the best games in the bundle I owned prior to my purchase, those titles being Cave Story + and Jamestown. I've been playing Meat Boy, which is great, but I've played very similar games to death. Bit.TRIP is really fun, but it gives me a headache.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kandycane2029

I just purchased it. Downloading Super Meat Boy right now, as it's really the only game I wanted. I already have it on 360 and bought the 2 disc soundtrack months ago, but I'm always willing to give Team Meat, DannyB and Child's Play more money.

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By technom

Ah! I have SMB on my laptop, but that damn bandage I wanna get.

It makes me rage a little bit. Just a little.

So I'm installing Jamestown.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
    deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been buying a lot of bundles lately (Indie Music Bundle, Indie Royale bundles, and this Humble Indie Bundle), so it's always confusing as to what I've gotten. I'm actually enjoying Shank. I've never liked beat-em-up games, and though Shank does have some problems, it's neat to look at and has mechanics that I'm enjoying. Being able to dodge, block and crowd control keeps it pretty engaging.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By WickedCobra03

@Kandycane2029 said:

I just purchased it. Downloading Super Meat Boy right now, as it's really the only game I wanted. I already have it on 360 and bought the 2 disc soundtrack months ago, but I'm always willing to give Team Meat, DannyB and Child's Play more money.

The soundtracks are what really convinced me to give. I really like a lot of these videogame soundtracks. Especially Cave Story, Super Meat Boy and Night Sky. But downloaded all of them and will give all them listen throughs!

Anyone who visits Giantbomb, you are already pretty into games as it is, so I would recommend it to anyone here. Crazy, cute and insanely fun.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetalBaofu

I don't think Shank is "terrible," but it is incredibly boring to me. The game play is fine, the visuals are really good, but man....it's so tedious. I bought it on PSN for 5 bucks awhile back. Got through it playing a little bit at a time.

Bit.Trip Runner is great to play it smaller chunks(like Super Meat Boy). Ones I'm liking the most out of the bundle so far are Jamestown and Cave Story. Kinda surprised how much I'm liking Jamestown. I've never been a huge fan of those kind of games, although I don't dislike them either, but I'm having a lot of fun with Jamestown.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27  Edited By Jeust

I also bought it. It is awesome! My favourite game of the bunch is Super Meat Boy.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wampa1

For some reason the game I've played most is Shank, even though I know it's by far the most middling and unoriginal of the bunch I can't say no to gimp fights...

technom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By technom

@whistlebottom: Yeah, the number of bundles available are growing! Hard to keep track of 'em. :p

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Optix12

im so glad this bundle comes with the soundtracks, one of the highlights of the deal in my opinion. I have only played a real small amount of cave story and SMB with 1 zone completed on bit.trip runner. I feel like i want to push on with cave story + and have runner for one of those "oh ive got 5-10 minutes, why not a quick attempt" deal. With everyone saying Jamestown is pretty awesome i think il give that a chance next.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @evilrazer gifted me that bundle! 

I've already played SMB, and recently I had been thinking of buying Shank so.. I'm playing that one first!
    Lavapotamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lavapotamus

I already owned all the games I cared about in this bundle. Then they included the soundtracks...yeah, I caved. I'm glad I finally own the title music from Bit.Trip Runner though!

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MetalBaofu

Got an email today that they added Humble Bundle 3 for anyone that paid over the average(Including those who already have purchased Bundle 4). Bundle 3 is Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves, and VVVVVV.

Figured I would post to let people that haven't bought the bundle yet, or people that haven't seen the email, know. That makes it 12 games + soundtracks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.