If you bought Humble Indie Bundle V, how did you divide up the money?

• 57 results
#1 Posted by twitchwanker (16 posts) -

#2 Posted by twitchwanker (16 posts) -

I honestly tried to send the majority of the money to charity.

Then some to the developers.

Then the last little bit to the humble bundle site.

#3 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

4 Charity

3 Devs

1 Humble

#4 Posted by Dezztroy (831 posts) -

9/10 to developers.

1/10 to Humble tip.

#5 Posted by brodywb (190 posts) -

All to the developers.

#6 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Kinda hard to divide 5 cents but I did it.

#7 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

@KaosAngel said:

You monster.

#8 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@KaosAngel said:

Cheapskate.

#9 Posted by SockemJetpack (410 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@KaosAngel said:

You monster.

Yeah seriously. Why bother buying it at all if you're only throwing a nickel at them?

#10 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@Roflwaffles said:

All $0.01 went to the devs.

You monster.

#11 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

You can buy the Bundle with one cent?

#12 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1481 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

@Roflwaffles said:

All $0.01 went to the devs.

You monster.

Cheapskate.
#13 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

Yeah. It worked with the older ones if you wanted free Steam games, or if you were smart you could buy a lot of them for 1 cent and sell them later to people who missed out.

#14 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Mostly all to the developers. 10% to charity. Sorry, when I donate to charity it's of my own choosing. 60 bucks for the bundle, so whatev

#15 Posted by Jay_Ray (1110 posts) -

$1.00 to Humble

$7.50 to charity

$6.50 to devs

I bought this mostly to get Psychonauts and Amnesia on Steam since I own Bastion on XBL and Steam, Limbo on XBL (and like Jeff think its meh) and Super Bros. on iOS (but love it so bonus for Steam).

#16 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1576 posts) -

I gave all to charity as I already own each of those games on at least one platform and only bought the bundle for the Limbo soundtrack and Psychonauts on PC. Figured I'd give my money to charity as I had already given far more to each of those developers, some of them on multiple occasions.

#17 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

@MikeGosot said:

Yeah. It worked with the older ones if you wanted free Steam games, or if you were smart you could buy a lot of them for 1 cent and sell them later to people who missed out.

That's... Not very smart on the Bundle part. I'm kinda of surprised not everyone is doing this.
#18 Posted by RecSpec (3863 posts) -

I always do the default split. Bought one for the soundtracks and Sworcery, and I bought one for my siblings.

#19 Posted by ThunderSlash (1854 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@KaosAngel said:

@MikeGosot said:

That's... Not very smart on the Bundle part. I'm kinda of surprised not everyone is doing this.

They've upped the minimum to a buck if you want Steam keys for the games due to all the exploits that happened during the Steam Holiday gift fiasco. So if you pay any less now, you only get the downloads.

#20 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I usually give most of it to charity. I think it usually ends up as a 80-15-5 to the charity, developers and the Humble Bundle guys. It's a charity event and that's why the devs offer their games up, not just a way to boost sales and score cash (at least, I like to think that's why they do it).

#21 Posted by Aetheldod (3642 posts) -

Most to the developers , then i paid equal share to charity and the humble bundle guys

#22 Posted by twitchwanker (16 posts) -

I am in a lull at work so I understand people not being able to pay a lot for these, but I do always try to pay more than the average so i get the extra game. Plus i mostly divide it between charity and the developers.

#23 Posted by Grilledcheez (3952 posts) -

@ThunderSlash said:

@MikeGosot said:

@KaosAngel said:

@MikeGosot said:

They've upped the minimum to a buck if you want Steam keys for the games due to all the exploits that happened during the Steam Holiday gift fiasco. So if you pay any less now, you only get the downloads.

Yeah this is the case, I think that when I bought the last one, the minimum was $5.00 to get steam keys, not sure if that's fully correct or not.

#24 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@KaosAngel said:

@MikeGosot said:

You dont get the steam games unless you donate at least a dollar though.

#25 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

50% charity
40% devs
10% bundle

#26 Posted by Aronman789 (2687 posts) -

90% go to the devs

10% go to Humble

0% go to charity

I don't give to charities. If I want to help out, I'd rather volunteer.

#27 Posted by NegativeCero (3014 posts) -

Whatever the default was.

#28 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I give it all (which isn't much) to charity.

#29 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@Dezztroy said:

9/10 to developers.

1/10 to Humble tip.

This right here.

#30 Posted by Xerxes8933A (227 posts) -

Man, this looks like the best bundle yet. Too bad I have most of those games already, Curse you Steam sales! Anyone play Superbrothers. It's the only one I don't have, is it any good?

#31 Posted by twitchwanker (16 posts) -

@Xerxes8933A: the fact that you get the soundtracks as free bonuses doesn't hurt. I'm not sure if that always comes with steam sales. plus it helps charities and developers so its not a bad time to gift some of these games.

#32 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (496 posts) -

First I've heard of this and I'm amazed. 5 games and YOU decide how much to pay. That's crazy! I don't own and have never played any of these so had no problem giving them $25. I let the site divide it up automatically. Will definnately look out for this in future.

#33 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

One whole dollar all to charity.

#34 Edited by 49th (2788 posts) -

I gave about 60% to charity, 38% to developers and 2% to humble bundle.

#35 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Whatever the default was.

I figured the collaborators put a default ratio for how they wanted the money to be distributed. I am happy to comply with their wishes for this kind of deal.

#36 Posted by cmblasko (1292 posts) -

Default split. More than happy to tip the Humble Bundle guys for the amazing deals they have provided.

#37 Posted by EVO (3921 posts) -

@Xerxes8933A said:

Anyone play Superbrothers. It's the only one I don't have, is it any good?

Yep, but if you've got an iPad I'd get it on that instead.

#38 Posted by J0PALACE0K (75 posts) -

$50 -

2/3 to charity

1/3 to Developers

#39 Posted by TMThomsen (2078 posts) -

Developers all the way.

#40 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

50 cent to charity 50 cent to devs

#41 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

And I liked none of the games. So pretty much 1 dollar for 4 demos.

#42 Posted by Sogeman (872 posts) -

Mostly to the developers, nothing to charity. I don't support charities outside my own country.

#43 Posted by CrazyBagMan (849 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

You officially have the worst taste in games I've ever seen.

#44 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

49% developers/charity

2% humble

#45 Posted by kidman (472 posts) -

@KaosAngel said:

@MikeGosot said:

If by 'smart' you mean 'a fucking piece of shit' then yeah, I agree.

#46 Posted by TheKing (844 posts) -

100% charity.

#47 Posted by kindgineer (2773 posts) -

Can't remember the specifics now, but I gave most to the Developers, and equal to Charity/Humble.

#48 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@CrazyBagMan said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

You officially have the worst taste in games I've ever seen.

The controls in Sword and Socery were terrible, Amnesia way too slow and not scary, Pychonauts is a badly ported game with terrible graphics and Limbo that game should be in a art gallery overall its a poor platformer.

#49 Posted by The_Tolman (434 posts) -

All goes to charity cause that is kinda the point.

#50 Posted by Fallen189 (5036 posts) -

£1, all to humble bundle servers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.