Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hundreds

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 03, 2013

The simple act of touching circles will quickly drive you mad in this new number-based puzzle game from the creators of Canabalt, Wurdle, and others.

'Hundreds' is the Haute Couture of Video Games

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By AssInAss

'Hundreds' is the Haute Couture of Video Games (Ian Bogost)

Not sure if serious, but made me laugh anyway. I'm pretty sure it's satirical judging by these quotes:

The iPhone might be a device one can use on the toilet, but Hundreds certainly isn't a game one would play there. Do players of Hundreds even need to use the toilet?

It's a game for men with blonde stubble and square chins and herringbone trousers. It's a game for women with perfect skin and long, thin fingers.

Switching to your iPad might make things easier (you do have an iPad, don't you?).

For despite its claims to inclusiveness, modern design works best when it's exclusionary and pretentious, when it speaks without saying anything but just by being there. Realizing such a feat for video games, a medium so much more popular than it is cool, is an accomplishment. That the creators of Hundreds may not know they did it is a secret that you and I can smirk about silently while we play it.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ghost_cat

I'm pretty sure this article is linked in Patrick's latest Worth Reading, but no this guy is being serious.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gaff

Yes, he is serious, he has a point, and he's spot on about the worst parts of indie games.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm not even sure what he's saying.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

"A web search will reveal that, yes, there are some players who have gone to the trouble of identifying each cipher encryption method and then decoded each cipher by means of a laborious data-entry interface the game provides. But no true player of Hundreds would bother. This busywork is beneath them."

Funny, since it actually is nonsensical busywork; so I suppose identifying something and not having OCD makes one a gourmet (though being a gourmet requires having OCD). More and more elaborate phones are largely useless and just a brilliant method to make people waste money, while I don't spite Apple/other companies for doing so it is still fairly amusing to me.

Patrick definitely had a bit of the tone of superiority for his progression in Hundreds relative to the other staff, even if it was masked in some joking fashion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.