Possible Hundreds QL?

#1 Posted by djou (858 posts) -

I was wondering if there was an interest/possibility in a Quick Look for the Hundreds? It occurred to me that I've never seen a QL for an iOS game so there may be some type of technical limitations to doing it, but I was a fan of Canabalt and I'm really curious about this game.

Its tough to tell what makes it special beyond the normal touch based puzzle game from the various screen shots I've seen and there's no demo for it. I know there was an original flash based version and Jeff and Patrick raved about it but I would love to see it in play even though it spoils the puzzle solutions.

#2 Posted by PurpleMoustache (104 posts) -

There have been 2 iOS Quick Looks (not counting ported titles), one for Curiosity, and one for Spaceteam. Spaceteam was not a conventional Quick Look, and Curiosity was hidden in a Mailbox video.

Its possible that Hundreds might be treated a similar way.

#3 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1317 posts) -

@PurpleMoustache said:

There have been 2 iOS Quick Looks (not counting ported titles), one for Curiosity, and one for Spaceteam. Spaceteam was not a conventional Quick Look, and Curiosity was hidden in a Mailbox video.

What is a conventional quick look?

#4 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@DJJoeJoe said:

@PurpleMoustache said:

What is a conventional quick look?

One that says Quick Look in the title.....

#5 Edited by Lashe (1244 posts) -

There shouldn't be too much of an issue I would imagine. 30-pin and Lightning Digital AV adaptors allow output through HDMI. Should be easy enough to capture that feed I would imagine? The Tested guys worked it out well enough for their App of the Day feature. Would be good to see something like that going forward, especially since there seems to be a decent amount of indie games appearing on iOS.

#6 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (338 posts) -

There was a QL EX of infinity blade 2 I think

#7 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

That'd be great!

#8 Posted by melodiousj (414 posts) -

I'd love a Hundreds QL, that way I might actually understand what the H-E-double-hockey-stick the game is about.

#9 Posted by Chango (502 posts) -

It won't happen, but I am finding the game highly enjoyable. And difficult. Holy shit is it difficult at times.

#10 Posted by EVO (3864 posts) -

Giant Bomb should really cover more iOS games.

#11 Posted by djou (858 posts) -

Yeah, seriously I have no idea what this game is about. I checked out their trailer and website and its still not clear. I think it's about resizing circles with numbers in them to get the total to a 100. Besides just going to YouTube and looking for gameplay spoilers it would be great to have a QL to clarify.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.