Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 31, 2011

Two mercenaries, E'lara and Caddoc, go in search of an artifact that Caddoc had a vision about that could save humanity or threaten its survival.

Anybody got the game yet?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShockD

Share your impressions.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By redbliss

I am also interested in how people are liking the game. I was excited for this when it was first announced because I love dungeon crawlers, but the more I heard of it the more it seemed like it was less dungeon crawler and more action game.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Mighty

Negatory, Space Captain.

Metalhead79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Metalhead79

I only played about 15 minutes of it so far, but it's pretty decent. Being that it's an UE3 game, it's somewhat ugly - especially up against The Witcher 2. inXile did not push the engine like People Can Fly did with Bulletstorm. Graphics options are very limited, but then again, this is a UE3 game. But graphics do not a game make, right? 
    The combat is solid. It's easy to switch from ranged to melee. It appears that I will get upgraded attack combos as the game progresses, but it's too early to tell to what extent. I just got the ability to unload a power strike with my sword. 
    Production values seem relatively high, but I'm not getting a big budget AAA game feel off of it.  That could be simply because of the archaic graphics engine, however. Voice acting up to this point has been excellent. I haven't had any difficulty navigating the menu's with my mouse (I read some complaints on the Steam forums about it). All in all, I don't regret my purchase at this point.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ericdrum

Can you play using a controller?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    Metalhead79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Metalhead79
    @ericdrum said:
    I believe so.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @ericdrum said:
    No you can only play using the kinect. 
    kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By kerse
    @ericdrum said:
    Why would you wanna play with something like that? I've just been using my iESPad to control it with my mind.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Abyssfull said:
    The_Laughing_Man has.
    Im a bit ways though it now. Ive gotten some decent gear and spells. And gotten a hold of the story. So any morer questions? 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This game is really weird.  There's so many weird systems that are poorly explained going on at once, it feels somewhat sloppy, and yet at the same time adventurous for even making the attempt.  I guess in some ways it's a throwback to invention over production value.

Xabu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Xabu

Plays great and looks really smooth on the PC; only about four hours in but can't complain so far.  You can use a 360 controller but I'm opting for MKB.  I should probably go back to using Fraps and hosting for screenshots to show some quality, the Steam screenshot feature compresses them a fair bit.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ericdrum
    @Xabu: I'd love to see some PC screenshots. I'm teetering on the fence on whether to buy this. I kind of want to out of principle alone for the fact that this game does it's own thing and kind of goes out on a limb to a certain extent. I've just been concerned on how well the game looks on PC.
    BadOrcLDR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BadOrcLDR

I've spent a good amount of the night playing this and I'm a bit perplexed.  

While I am indifferent to the story, I have grown fond of the main characters. Despite being nothing more than a bunch of greedy mercenaries, the two are decently lovable in that strange, strange Gears of War way. And with that said, let me just say to all of those who claim this is Gears of Warcraft, F**K YOU!  

The only actual similarities I've found is a cover system, which I barely ever use. Perhaps on the harder difficulties it requires you to take cover constantly, but after a few hours of play I've only had a select few times I had to take cover - all of which were also remedied by using my shield. The only other connection I've seen, and mind you I'm  not a huge Gears player, is that there is co-op; something I suppose is not working all that well, or so I've heard.  

The real difference between the co-op here and the co-op in Gears is that each character is different and requires vastly different techniques. They benefit one another well enough that each is dependent on the other. In singeplayer, however, you'll quickly find the one you like the most and chances are you'll stick with it.  

I fiddled around with the map maker and while it does seem like it could be pretty damn good, it also seems a bit limited. You unlock pieces to place by getting gold in the main game. There are an absolute ton of maps already available and if you're into that sort of thing, this could last a very long time. My biggest complain thus far is that it seems like a series of pre-fabricated rooms where you kill a select amount of waves and simply move on. Sure it gets more difficult as time progresses, but I was hoping for something a bit more dynamic.  

The last thing that really took me by surprise are the graphics, though not in a good way. Despite having a decent style about it, Hunted is not a very pretty game. I suppose I can see how some would find a similarity in the general design with games like GoW, but to me this feels like typical Medieval style settings. In regards to the graphics, however, I've been playing it on the 360. I would presume the PC looks far superior.  

It's a good game, but I'm not certain whether or not I should have just rented it.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShockD

I also heard bad things about the graphics, but frankly I care about the gameplay much more.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @antikorper said:
    I also heard bad things about the graphics, but frankly I care about the gameplay much more.
    The game looks fine. 360 co op works fine. Course I got hooked up with someone who did not know how to play so I went back to singleplayer.  

Any other questions? 
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShockD

Well, I'm getting it for the PC, so I guess I'll be rather disappointed from the graphics... But at least I've got a buddy to play co-op with. Never played co-op RPG before.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShockD

I don't know how the graphics are bad, but the game looks great on highest settings. I don't see why people complain about it.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By metalmoog

PS3 voicechat works well on this game? Yay or Nay?

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By redbliss
    @BadOrcLDR:  
    So is gold only used to buy new areas? Is the money also used to buy weapons and equipment or something like that? I am just wondering how the loot works. 

Thanks
    BadOrcLDR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BadOrcLDR
    @redbliss said:
    @BadOrcLDR:  So is gold only used to buy new areas? Is the money also used to buy weapons and equipment or something like that? I am just wondering how the loot works.  Thanks
    Honestly, I'm not deep enough to know everything - I had to take a break, college starts soon - but from what I've seen the loot in this game is incredibly thin. For example, you have no inventory, not really. So I don't foresee the ability to buy upgradeable pieces of armor or weaponry. That being said, I haven't beaten the game, so I can't say for certain. 
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Edwardryu

I don't know you guys. but don't follow gaming website reviews. some of them are right, some of them are wrong. I enjoyed this game so much. it's fun. I just finished it last night. it took about 9 hours 20 minutes on hardcore difficulty. final boss is kind of lame. but overall story is decent. (spoiler). don't drink evil water (it's call sleg). it is very powerful enough to kill all of enemies without losing any health, mana. but in the end, you will get paid. one of your co fighters will be killed by you. so don't drink no matter how many waves come. you still have the last job after final boss. mayor's daughter needs to go home. that's your original contract. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Edwardryu said:
    I don't know you guys. but don't follow gaming website reviews. some of them are right, some of them are wrong. I enjoyed this game so much. it's fun. I just finished it last night. it took about 9 hours 20 minutes on hardcore difficulty. final boss is kind of lame. but overall story is decent. (spoiler). don't drink evil water (it's call sleg). it is very powerful enough to kill all of enemies without losing any health, mana. but in the end, you will get paid. one of your co fighters will be killed by you. so don't drink no matter how many waves come. you still have the last job after final boss. mayor's daughter needs to go home. that's your original contract. 
    I drank it by mistake when it was first interdouced. I hit the wrong button. Am I ok? 
    infestedandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#25  Edited By infestedandy

The visuals for the PC are by far the best, saying that they aren't incredible. The textures are somewhat dated, but it's pretty enough to not really complain about it.

That is, until you talk about gameplay.

This is a sloppy, sloppy game with a derivative plot and poor combat mechanics. Melee in this game is atrocious. I hate to be brisk here, but the game simply lets on that it's far greater than it actually is. You're always fighting the exact same enemies, doing the same combos, in the same ways. There is zero things that are dynamic about this game. I'll have more later and I'm putting it all into video, but sleep calls me now.

If you didn't get what I said let me be clear...

Don't bother getting this game. It's a rental at best.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Edwardryu so would you say that the game is too easy?
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DonPixel

Didn't like it what I played of it..

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By valrog
    @redbliss said:
    @BadOrcLDR:  So is gold only used to buy new areas? Is the money also used to buy weapons and equipment or something like that? I am just wondering how the loot works.  Thanks
    I have completed the game just yesterday and have no idea what gold is used for other than some kind of wealth meter... 

@Edwardryu

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.