Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hybrid

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 08, 2012

When an alien bacteria infects and takes over half the population of the Earth, the other half aren't going to go down without a fight. This online multiplayer shooter from 5th Cell depicts the war between the Variant alien-human hybrids and the Paladin, the remaining humans immune to the pathogen.

Are you enjoying Hybrid?

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Iodine

Server issues aside (unless they continue to be a problem) what does everyone think so far?

I enjoy it quite a lot, although there are some quirks to it (namely long waits in the search), and some of the visual effects become a cluster fuck.

Right now the only map I have had success at consistently (ie: through my 2-3 hours) is cache, whereas I do meh at the others. the SMG is my go to weapon and I have yet to find the one specialization/ability that I really favor.

I picked Varient (bonus, cooler looking in the beta when I watched the QL), and so far they are losing overall, but its still fun.

Also I love the pacing of the battles, although some points can lead to a cluster fuck of people/mechs.

Also the retreat mechanism has rarely worked for me, but eh, who knows.

So what are your thoughts?

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AndyPhifer

I still can't get a game to load. I'm prepared to fall in love, from all the coverage I've seen so far. Maybe one day I'll get to play it.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I am also unable to get into any games. I really want to love this game.

RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RoxasXIII

I'm really enjoying it, I think it's new and refreshing! More fun than I thought it would be to be honest.

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By dvdhaus

When I played the Beta it was hard to find where on the maps the matches were. Did they fix that with a Find Match option or Quick Match?

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ZoomyRamen

I'm enjoying it! Bit of a bummer that people can pay to advance quicker considering it's not really a F2P game.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dystonym

I've done the one hour trial and I really, really enjoyed it. I'd buy it if I could afford it but after buying Deadlight and Tony Hawk HD I'm all out of game money. It seems really well made and the movement stuff is interesting enough to make me want to play more. Some of the cover controls feel a little awkward but not game-ruiningly so.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AndyPhifer

Got about a half hour in last night before connection issues made me stop trying. I enjoyed what I played. The weapon, gear and power unlocks are interesting, but I've yet to find a use for any gun other then the default assault rifle. The Siphon power (bullet damage vampires a bit of health) is an excellent power. The squad bots you earn are a pretty fantastic new system that really changes things in a match.

That said, I've not purchased yet. Don't want to bother until I know the game actually works online. While the game runs perfectly while the actually fight is running (zero lag), it takes around 5 minutes to even get into a match, host migration happened once in each match I played and the time syncing up items and such is way too long.

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Smokay

I really love the game but they need to remove the gambler from the game it is the most fucking stupid gun that I have ever seen in a game

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iodine

@Smokay said:

I really love the game but they need to remove the gambler from the game it is the most fucking stupid gun that I have ever seen in a game

is that the gun that fires that area effect sphere? if so I know how you feel man, so over powered.

after a few more hours in and getting my rank up (and going to the asia zone) I am enjoying the meta game but I rarely feel like any of my battles has an impact besides my k/d ratio.

I like the Siphon ability as someone else said, I might test that with my new double barrel shotgun since that leads to getting hit a lot+dealing epic damage

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smokay

@Iodine:No its a pistol thats a 1 hit kill you or your oppenent.What you are talking about is the swarm gun and that seems fair for the most part.

Corey_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Corey_F

The game is ok. While the game ha some really cool ideas, I doubt that I will buy it. I had a lot of server issues (spent half of my time waiting for games to be found or start) and I feel that the longer the game is out the gap between new players and experienced players is going to be to broad. Who knows I am going through shooter fatigue right now so I may try it again in a week or so.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By impartialgecko

Not great but not bad. I'm never going to complain about a competent 60 fps shooter but the level design is so-so and I often feel like I'm getting worked over for reasons that I couldn't have countered or avoided. Then again that's always the case with shooters. I don't know. It's not quite clicking with me yet.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AndyPhifer

Wow. So I completed the tutorial when I got the demo. Then I bought the game. And now I can't play the tutorial again. Now I can (never?) get the Complete Tutorial achievement. So... that sucks.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Thoseposers

When i played in the beta it seemed like one team can really swarm over the other and just kick the shit out of them without any way to fight back, is that still the case?

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AndyPhifer

@AndyPhifer said:

Wow. So I completed the tutorial when I got the demo. Then I bought the game. And now I can't play the tutorial again. Now I can (never?) get the Complete Tutorial achievement. So... that sucks.

Anyone having this problem can solve it, btw, by going to Options > How To Play > Play Battle Tutorial. Annoying, but it worked.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By ZombiePie
    @BestUsernameEver said:

@awesomeusername said:

Because we can? Everyone on this site comments on everything. So calmate.

If we consciously didn't comment about small things, where would these forums be? I like to add my little quips, even if it's not a groundbreaking opinion. Also, awesomeusername, you have an awesome username. Then again, I think I said that before, but WAHTEVES.

That is an incorrect assumption to make about what we encourage on the site. Either discuss the subject of forum topics or don't comment at all. Bringing up irrelevant topics in any forum topic is derailing the discussion at hand and will not be tolerated, and if you continue to do so you will be moderated. 
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@ZombiePie said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

@awesomeusername said:

If we consciously didn't comment about small things, where would these forums be? I like to add my little quips, even if it's not a groundbreaking opinion. Also, awesomeusername, you have an awesome username. Then again, I think I said that before, but WAHTEVES.

That is an incorrect assumption to make about what we encourage on the site. Either discuss the subject of forum topics or don't comment at all. Bringing up irrelevant topics in any forum topic is derailing the discussion at hand and will not be tolerated, and if you continue to do so you will be moderated.

I never said anything about talking out of topic, I said I like to add my view, because some topics are a question that isn't poll view, so I say what my stance is to answer the question.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By awesomeusername

@BestUsernameEver said:

@ZombiePie said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

@awesomeusername said:

That is an incorrect assumption to make about what we encourage on the site. Either discuss the subject of forum topics or don't comment at all. Bringing up irrelevant topics in any forum topic is derailing the discussion at hand and will not be tolerated, and if you continue to do so you will be moderated.

I never said anything about talking out of topic, I said I like to add my view, because some topics are a question that isn't poll view, so I say what my stance is to answer the question.

What said. We didn't necessarily change the topic. I just said, and quoted me, that we don't have an Xbox so we can't enjoy said game. We never got out of topic, my comment that is quoted above was directed towards said user because he called us out saying we shouldn't comment if we don't have the game. We didn't and don't intend to derail threads, we know the consequences. We just like to point out our views on topics just like everyone else does on this site.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By louiedog

I enjoyed it yesterday for an hour or so, although the matchmaking was a little slow. I tried several times throughout the day today to play and got server errors every single time. So, no, I'm not enjoying it, although I would like to.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cloneslayer

Enjoying it so far. Once you get a hang of the cover mechanics it works marvelously and turns into more a game of tactics. Some of my favorite strategies include false retreating around a corner to lure some one to advance then shotgunning them, use a Warbringer as line of sight shield to cover your advance, and using Satellite to flank and decimate entire teams from behind. And once you learn the map layouts your can retreat effectively to lose your foes or flank with ease. I bet if you got a good coordinated team together you could decimate.

Its a good time waster to play while waiting for Darksiders 2.

jbuchan76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jbuchan76

The game play is AWESOME! everything i hoped it would be, but the server time / load time between matches is a joke! I want my money back!

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Phoenix654

A certainly interesting game, it takes some getting used to but lots of fun once you get the hang of it. I have enjoyed it so far and it's been a while since I've dived into a persistant shooter with levels & guns to unlock. That old addiction still works on me, damn you 5th Cell...

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#24  Edited By TheMasterDS

I hate that they lock players to teams. It's incredibly incredibly incredibly pointless and it means that lobbies can't be balanced based on skill, causing some terribly one way games. Case in point the other day Me and 2 other level 5s were matched against 2 level 40s. The game then said "Hold on... balancing lobby" because it needed to find the other team a 3rd player. How in the fuck did they not realize this would be a problem?

The game is really fun when the teams are balanced, it's just that that's a totally crapshoot due to the stupid decision to have a big dumb metagame.

Random sidenote, I think all games should have surrender be sporty. When the conclusion of a match is a foregone conclusion and one side is having no fun at all they should be allowed to bow out, give a gg, and leave without shame. It doesn't have to be bailing on my team, it could be done by vote so everyone left.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.