PSN + is giving this game away free right now.

#1 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

I know "Free" as in you have to be a member but if you have it and wasn't aware boom EBS has just dropped that knowledge on you.

#2 Posted by GunstarRed (5209 posts) -

They were giving it away free like two weeks ago also.

#3 Posted by mosespippy (4205 posts) -

The game you should really be getting is Where is my Heart? It's only free till tuesday then it'll cost $8. It's amazing. Don't miss it.

#4 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Hydrophobia really isn't worth free.

#5 Edited by Yummylee (21751 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

Hydrophobia really isn't worth free.

Hydrophobia Original or the PS3/PC re-release Hydrophobia Prophecy? I can't speak for the original since I never played, but if it's as bad as everyone claims it to be, then Prophecy must of piled on the improvements, because it really isn't that bad. Nothing about it is all that standout, but it's all fairly easy overall with little complications, and the water physics alone really do act as a solid justification to enjoy the full 3-4 hour playthrough.

The only problem, which ironically links to when the game gets really good, is when you receive these water-physics powers to twist and turn the water itself all over the damn place, and there's a pretty fun puzzle that helps to brush up on the potential this addition had. But you only get those powers for like the last 10 minutes of the game, which is a damn shame considering how much potential there was for both environment and combat puzzles.

It's been ''free'' for a while now, but even still if anyone hasn't played any previous iterations, then I'd recommend Prophecy since it's relatively cheap even without the PS+ offer.

#6 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I wonder if they'll ever develop something else, or if they're committed to just remaking Hydrophobia over and over again. I mean, it's been a year - at a certain point shouldn't you just give up and move on?

#7 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Abyssfull: I only played Prophecy. I played it for an hour and a half or so, and it made me angry. I'd like to see the crazy stuff to which you refer however.

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

I have this on PC, I should give it another try.

#9 Posted by Village_Guy (2596 posts) -

Run for the hills!

I wouldn't play this game even if it is free...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.