Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hydrophobia Prophecy

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2011

Yet another Hydrophobia re-release. Hydrophobia Prophecy is a Steam and PSN “comprehensive reinvention” release of the original Xbox Live Arcade game. As such, Prophecy features new levels, new puzzles, a re-tooled narrative, and even several technical enhancements like better lighting, textures, and animations.

This is only $1.24 on steam right now...

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jking47

I am still at work so I have not had a change to install it yet, but hey, its only a $1.24, too low not to buy it right?

Have heard a few good things about it, so I am willing to test it. If you are at all curious about the game now is the time to buy it.

plasticstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By plasticstars

I bought it earlier. It's decent, I suppose.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones
    Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akyho

NO DONT GET IT!! NO NO NO ON NO!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! I baught the original XBLA version. IT SUCKED! The update came and upgraded stuff, I replayed it....IT STILL SUCKED however ever so slightly less.! A friend bought me Hydro Prophecy for the PC. I played it IT DOSNT IMPROVE!

If anything I cant survive by laughing at the terrible dialogue mainly delivered by Scoot. In the original he was Scottish and BAAAAAAAAAD Scottish. I am Scottish and was insulted...however I could laugh my ass off.

Now he is American. Except what I am insulted by is. He was first a FAT Scotsman then turned into a HUNKY American.....................that dosnt fly son!

Also the game dosnt end. Its episodic...and they havnt made episode 2. So pointless. It ends in a completely none cliff hangar ending....yet ends...

Its bad...its realy realy bad.

Fat Scottish

Hunky American.

I call racism.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By YoungFrey

It's now 99 cents. I still can't recommend it, but if you're curious ...

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SuperWristBands

I'm impressed that there is a game that is a difficult recommendation even after being discounted to $0.99.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm impressed that there is a game that is a difficult recommendation even after being discounted to $0.99.

I got it for free (it was gifted to me), and I still didn't think it was good.

Avatar image for twelvegaugeslug
    Twelvegaugeslug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I BOUGHT the first one on XBLA and actually enjoyed it. I hated that it ended in a cliffhanger and then the company went belly up. When I saw it was 1$ for the revamp on steam, I grabbed it instantly. Really liking it again so far. The re-do received much higher scores from reviewers. On the user reviews on meacritic, it got 29 positive reviews, 7 mixed, and 11 negative. So, more good than bad reviews. Id give it a go for 1$ for sure. The most id pay though would be 10$ tops. Its a one time play through really. But it has a decent story (enough to keep you moving along, putting pieces together) decent voice acting on the lead characters part (the new supporting character, "scoot" didnt do so well IMO) good looking graphics (and the water is very good), and pretty good controls and gameplay. I say, get it!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

It seems like this game is always crazy cheap on all systems. I have it on my PS3 and have yet to try it out. Maybe some day....

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You might as well pony up the extra 40 or so cents and grab Legendary instead. At least that game made Giant Bomb history as the first and best/most awkward quick look ever produced. THREE WAY FIGHTS DAWG!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.