Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hydrophobia

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 29, 2010

Kate Wilson is a systems engineer who must defend a city-sized cruise liner from a terrorist attack in this XBLA/PSN title. The water physics play an integral part in combating the terrorists and moving around the cruise liner which poses a problem as Kate is aquaphobic.

anyone buy it yet?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

im downloading the trial to see how it is, but has anyone bought the game yet? if so are you enjoying it?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Sooperspy

Thats out. I must DL the trial tomorrow.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Played the trial today. This game...doesn't seem good. At the very least, the trial is a horrible representation of the final game. Literally all you do are a couple of clunky platforming sections and 1 hack minigame. That's it. No combat, no actual puzzles or meaningful interaction with the water. It gave no real incentive to buy the full product, especially when knowing this is only the first part you are buying. From what I hear, the combat is janky as shit anyways. Besides that, the game controls somewhat poorly and the voice acting was laughably bad. At least it looks kind of good...for a downloadable game. It strikes me as a game that would have benefited from having a better budget and being a full-retail product.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

From what I've read it's not sounding like a fantastic game. I'll probably download the trial and see how it is.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jackel2072
    @OneKillWonder said:
    " Played the trial today. This game...doesn't seem good. At the very least, the trial is a horrible representation of the final game. Literally all you do are a couple of clunky platforming sections and 1 hack minigame. That's it. No combat, no actual puzzles or meaningful interaction with the water. It gave no real incentive to buy the full product, especially when knowing this is only the first part you are buying. From what I hear, the combat is janky as shit anyways. Besides that, the game controls somewhat poorly and the voice acting was laughably bad. At least it looks kind of good...for a downloadable game. It strikes me as a game that would have benefited from having a better budget and being a full-retail product. "
    i have to agree. i didnt even really get my feet wet (haha) i mean i want to play more and see what else the game has to offer, but at the same token im not blindly spending 1200 points either. 
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rjayb89

I'm hoping this game is like that second episode of Hamst3r's playthrough of Amnesia where there was this invisible water monster but with every level like that.  I was scared just watching that part.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By Davvyk

I was looking forward to it but now that the oxm review is the only glowing review I night steer clear

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MethodMan008

i bought it this morning...  i really like it.  but i am stuck and their are no walk thrus yet...  so i guess im on hold for now..

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By weegieanawrench

I got this yesterday. It's alright, nothing mind blowing or anything, but it's some good action adventure fun. If I have any complaints, it's with the controls and the worst voice acting I have ever heard. 

And hey guess what? I'm stuck too. You're at a huge disadvantage when fighting enemies as your true weapon is basically a stun gun and they're armed to the teeth with automatic weaponry (that you can't pick up). There are other ammo types, but it's rare to find and runs out fast. 

Still, I do like it and after finishing it I will probably write a review.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM
    @Jackel2072:
    It's alright. Only problem I have with it is the fact the character animations are like something you see in Syphon Filter for PSP, which is alright for PSP, but not an XBLA game.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raymayne

Do not bother. It is a turd of a game.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CABBAGES

just started the demo and heard scoot talk. 
    The worst fake scottish accent i have ever heard!
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Gizmo

What's the water like?

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By SenatorSpacer

Bought it... Regretting it...

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

...Sigh. It's not fun.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By ShadowVirus

Played the trial, hated the controls, the camera, the movement, the voices, pretty much everything about it. The setting and the atmosphere I thought were interesting, but it has terrible game play, like, there's fire surrounding the place I need to get to, OK, just walk around it. Or the stairs are on fire and are broken, just jump down the other way. 

Also I noticed she has a Deadly Premonition style flash light, coming out of chest. Except it's not her chest, if she turns around the light is still facing forward.

Sedasys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Sedasys

Admittedly the voice acting was terrible, but come on guys, Bolo Santosi takes the cake on bad voice acting any day.
    The animation seems pretty crap, the controls are clunky as hell which doesn't help a survival game all that much, the voice acting made me want to punch a baby. All this just from the demo.
    I was tempted to buy it so it could count towards 2400 points and get a little something back from Microsoft but I'd rather just... not.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Yanngc33

the game is one big water level how on earth did anybody think this game was gonna be good ? 
    nice looking water though
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @Sedasys said:
    " Admittedly the voice acting was terrible, but come on guys, Bolo Santosi takes the cake on bad voice acting any day. The animation seems pretty crap, the controls are clunky as hell which doesn't help a survival game all that much, the voice acting made me want to punch a baby. All this just from the demo. I was tempted to buy it so it could count towards 2400 points and get a little something back from Microsoft but I'd rather just... not. "
    But Just Cause 2's VO seems deliberate while Hydrophobia tries to be super serious.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By DrPockets000

I really enjoy it. 

Water mechanics are great. 

I feel like the voice acting is supposed to be a little hammy, to keep with a sort of Poseidon Adventure cheese.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By Yanngc33

I just bought it despite my previous content :p
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jackel2072

yeah im thinking about it. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i cant stand female antagonists  

im no sexist

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.