Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hydrophobia

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 29, 2010

Kate Wilson is a systems engineer who must defend a city-sized cruise liner from a terrorist attack in this XBLA/PSN title. The water physics play an integral part in combating the terrorists and moving around the cruise liner which poses a problem as Kate is aquaphobic.

Worst Ending I've Ever Seen

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lebkin

I am in general a pretty forgiving guy. I'll put up with a lot of crap in my games (I played Fracture to completion). But the ending to Hydrophobia is simply unforgivable. Yes, I know it is supposed to be episode one in a series. But that is no excuse for what they did. 

The game ends in the middle of a cut scene. In the middle of a mission. Without even the slightest attempt at wrap up.  A complete 180 from episodic content, ala Telltale. 

I actually reloaded the final checkpoint and played the last bit a second time, for sure that I had accidently skipped part of the cutscene. No, it really is a complete abrupt ending.  It is like they developed the entire game as a whole, then just cut it up into episodes without any regard to where the cuts were.  

The worst thing is that I liked the game. I would have even been willing to give the second episode a shot. But not after that ending. Simply terrible.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Crixaliz

I never bought that game cause I heard that it had a cliffhanger ending (although I didn't know it was that abrupt).
    I wonder if there will even be an episode 2.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By buft

i heard the game could have been great had they put more thought in to how the game played out, as it is even with the "Pure" update the game feels like the training wheels of a much bigger, better game. The challenge rooms are the best thing in the whole package and somebody over at the studio should have said "hey lets do more of this and just shelf the rest of this crap, oh and tell those voice actors they are fired"

LightRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By LightRain

Downloading the demo now.

rdgardner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rdgardner

My GOD, i can sympathize with you, what a load of crap that was, the really cruel thing was that i was really enjoying the game, i mean the physics was amazing, and then it ends just when its getting interesting, all i can say is that i wan't my Microsoft points back, if i had known that i was going to be so short, i never would have bought the bloody thing!!!

Avatar image for delicious_brains
    Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Delicious_Brains

Thanks for the heads up, will probably avoid (even if it goes on deal of the week).

Keron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Keron
    @rdgardner:  I want my cash back for buying shity games too :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.