Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hydrophobia

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 29, 2010

Kate Wilson is a systems engineer who must defend a city-sized cruise liner from a terrorist attack in this XBLA/PSN title. The water physics play an integral part in combating the terrorists and moving around the cruise liner which poses a problem as Kate is aquaphobic.

Yep, Another Hydrophobia Re-Release Coming

• 69 results
    m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By m0rdr3d

@xyzygy:
    Yeah, no hostility.  But how many people go to a specific game's forums?  The place to reach the players is here.

I just think people are missing the part of the article where it says the game is slated to be a trilogy.  Safe to say the developer is already at work on part 2, but maybe with a lot of the groundwork already laid, they have the luxury of making improvements to the first.  I think it bodes well for the quality of Hydrophobia 2 that they're so responsive.  AND they haven't just abandoned the first game either...The overall quality of the trilogy will be the same.

Piranesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Piranesi

If the swimming parts of games are usually the most tedious - why create a title full of the stuff?

Sure it was a neat gimmick in a budget title but it never lived up to the over-fawning previews of the tech. Always worrying when the game engine is more interesting than the game itself and maybe they should have switched to a new IP (rather than flog this soggy dead horse).
    altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By altairre

Well, if it helps. But I don´t know, it´s weird to re-release this kinda small game three(?) times.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By winsord

It's nice that they're doing these updates, but I feel like this game has just become a money sinkhole for the developers; they should really just move on, sadly. :/

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By xpgamer7

It was an OK game but they're really trying to make everyone else love it as much as they do. I interviewed a hydrophobia spokesperson at PAX and she loved the game with all her heart.

RAGEosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By RAGEosaurus

Really? Still not going to buy it

poltergeist13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By poltergeist13

Much respect to the guys at Dark Energy Digital for the way they have supported the game.  It got middle to bad reviews, wasn't much of a success, & had a fair share of problems.  They just keep working on it, making it a better game.  Now it should've been great outta the gate.  It just shows these guys believe in it and have a lot of passion for the game.  Good luck to them.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By Evilsbane

Damn I might have to try it just because they keep bringing this damn game back up, they won't let it die! So ok Ill check it out...

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#59  Edited By vigorousjammer

I played the demo for the original version, and haven't went back to it since...
    I wonder if it's actually become better, cause it did seem like an interesting game, just with a few annoying flaws.
    I might give it another shot once this comes out.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By dagas

"Our game is dope! How come other people don't think so?! Are they stupid or something?! Are we the only ones who can see how great the game is?!!?" is probably what they are thinking =P It must be tough to work on a game and feel proud about it and then everyone else hates it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Olivaw said:
    " Okay, at some point you just have to give up the ghost and realize that the game you made is not very good, and stop trying to fix it.

But at the same time, I love that they're trying. And that player feedback tool that you can use to comment at any time is actually kind of amazing. That level of dialogue between the player and the developer is almost unheard of, and it shows that they're willing to have a discussion, despite their insistence that some people were "playing the game wrong."

It would have been so easy for them to say "YOU JUST DON'T GET IT MAN" and do the Derek Smart thing. Just take their ball and go home. But they're not doing that.And regardless of the eventual quality of the game, I respect that. "
    I agree 100%. It may not be the smartest thing to do at this point, but good on them for trying.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#62  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Listen, I think it's great that they are willing to acknowledge that their game sucked and are trying to improve it. But wouldn't they be better served making a new game where they can fully apply their knowledge, instead of trying to fix something that will always linger in the internet consciousness as a mediocre title? The pure update I could understand, if only from a PR perspective. This, no. 

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

And not a single shit was given that day.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By Chris2KLee

Gotta give em points for tenacity.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65  Edited By JJGIANT

WHO CARES! this game will always suck, stop trying to undo your mistakes. All I will say is that reading Jim Sterling's take over at Destructoid will be HILARIOUS!

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Relys

I was really interested in this game when I saw the first engine previews while it was in development but it was received very poorly so I passed it up.

If the major issues are fixed up you'll get my $10-15 now. :)
    Avanzato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Avanzato

Is this really classed as a re-release when it's the first time the game has appeared on PSN and Steam? Not having a 360 I'm curious to see what the fuss has been about and it was cheap enough to risk a pre-order on Steam.

I understand that Pure was a step up from the original and hope they've managed to get something entertaining out of the bits of the first broken game.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By Rhaknar

always thought it looked cool, and its now on steam so i will own it eventually, on some crazy deal

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#69  Edited By BeachThunder

Hm, not sure if want...

I've added it to my Steam wishlist anyway...I'm just hoping for a  Cryo shock.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.