Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hyrule Warriors

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Aug 14, 2014

Omega Force, Team Ninja and Nintendo team up for this spin-off of the Legend of Zelda series, featuring the large-scale hack-and-slash gameplay made popular by the Dynasty Warriors series.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS it seems

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Naoiko

A trailer for Hyrule warriors for the 3DS appeared today, showing both Tetra and the King of red lions as playable characters. The campaign seems to be the same as the Wii U version.

Shortly after the trailer showed up it was taken down, but people were able to find it and upload it on their own. Someone posted it a itty bit early it seems.

Nintendo life article with video

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I... might play it there, actually.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it seems like it might be alright for a portable game. Plus, I'll be honest...I just like the zelda universe so playing a game that's basically fan service isn't a bad thing to me.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like army size might be a problem, just going by what's in the video. Playing a musou game with a smaller amount of enemies tends to feel pretty unsatisfying, for me at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm weirdly okay with this.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By Slag

And Gaf seems to be blowin up with the speculation that "Linkle" may be playable in this version

No Caption Provided

King of Red Lions and Tetra are already confirmed additions I believe. No word on Groose yet though

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator  Online

If they can make this work on a technical level, I might be down to play it. It's been a while since I've played a musou game.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It seems crazy that they would be able to even do this. I have the Wii U version but it's really fun and if this means that more people will get to be able to play it that's a super good thing

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't want to play this on a handheld. Huge battles on the small screen are going to look bad and I can't imagine the 3DS has enough power to render as many enemies in the Wii U version.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: As long as they don't replace Link with her, It would be cool to have her in a game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

Well the box at the end of the video is for the old 3DS, but they show a New 3DS in the demo. Not sure if that means anything, but here's the trailer at least before it gets taken down again.

FuzzyPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I might just get this because I'm a sucker for Zelda and because it looks like it has most of the DLC on the cartridge. A lot of its DLC is actually worth preserving too.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

So, what, half the frame rate, half the enemies? A quarter? One eighth?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mb: I've been playing stretchmo on my 3ds recently and I've seen some pretty bad framerate problems even without the 3d on. I have no clue how Hyrule Warriors would be able to run on the old system.

mr__kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you sync it up with the WiiU version the two new characters will also be playable on the WiiU version

I would imagine the same would be true for any other new characters they announce (like Linkele).

I haven't played the Wii U version in a good long while, though, and I am not that invested in the Zelda universe, so while new characters have historically been more than enough to convince me to buy (SW4-II), I don't think I will this time around.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?! They introduce two of the best Zelda characters, but in the 3ds version of the game?! And I have to buy that version to get them on the WiiU version? Fucking Nintendo.

sigh *bends over and spreads 'em* you fucking win again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.