Hyrule Warriors, new Zelda game by Tecmo Koei.

• 132 results
#1 Edited by Forcen (1856 posts) -
#2 Edited by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

wat

Edit: Like a friend of mine just said, "It's like that time in Ocarina of Time when Link committed a genocide... wait".

This is fine by me honestly, way more interesting than any regular Zelda.

#3 Posted by Yadilie (379 posts) -

Tecmo Koei. Always two steps behind Capcom.

#4 Posted by RecSpec (3948 posts) -

Before folks shit on this, just imagine the possible list of playable characters.

This is probably what pushes me over the edge to buy a WiiU. So amazing that this exists.

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

This seems crazy.

But I actually think seeing classic zelda weapons, like the bombs and the fire rod, used in a new way against hordes of enemies is really cool. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this game, they've got my interest.

#6 Posted by Forcen (1856 posts) -

Just remembered the end of skyward sword, there where an awful lot of moblins to kill there. Almost Dynasty Warriors like, maybe not the craziest idea after all.

#7 Edited by IIGrayFoxII (305 posts) -

@recspec: Exactly. That is the most interesting part to me as well. Aside from the big 3 (Link, Ganon, Zelda) there isn't very many humanoid characters in the Legend of Zelda series so it will be interesting which playable characters end up in the game. I would imagine you would play as a Goron and a Zora at the very least.

#8 Posted by cmblasko (1354 posts) -

Wait... does that make this the first 3rd party Zelda game since the CD-i games? If so, Tecmo must have given Nintendo one hell of a pitch for this game.

#9 Edited by Forcen (1856 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

Wait... does that make this the first 3rd party Zelda game since the CD-i games? If so, Tecmo must have given Nintendo one hell of a pitch for this game.

Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and Minish Cap where 3rd party i think?

#10 Edited by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

@cmblasko: I think the Oracle games for Gameboy Color were made by Capcom, and those were fantastic.

#11 Posted by Vextroid (1430 posts) -

I though this was going to be like a The Legend Of Zelda: Other L(ink) or T(riforce) or H(yrule)

#12 Posted by YoThatLimp (1938 posts) -

Zelda skinned Dynasty Warriors? Dumb.

#13 Edited by cmblasko (1354 posts) -

@toowalrus: @forcen: Ah OK, I haven't played those games so I had no idea that they were 3rd party.

#14 Posted by oldenglishC (1008 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

Does The Minish Cap count? Is this new game going to be published by Nintendo or Tecmo Koei?

So many questions. Questions that make me want to go play Minish Cap again.

#15 Posted by Hoboassassin54 (27 posts) -

This could be awesome.

#16 Posted by schreiberty (208 posts) -

I like that shreddin theme

#17 Posted by Rafaelfc (1470 posts) -

Jesus H. Christ

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Watch reviewers tear it apart for "abandoning series mainstays we've all come to know and love".

#19 Posted by forteexe21 (496 posts) -

If it can handle the frames, it should be good.

#20 Posted by LikeaSsur (1593 posts) -

I'm just glad Link is left handed again. This is exactly the kind of thing Nintendo needs: Branching out franchises to unorthodox genres.

#21 Edited by cloudymusic (1234 posts) -

So we've got:

• Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition
  • Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei
  • Zelda x Dynasty Warriors

What's next?

#22 Posted by Dimsey (967 posts) -

I like Zelda. I like Dynasty Warriors.
I am cool with this.

#23 Posted by RoarImaDinosaur (191 posts) -

Just bought a Wii U.

#24 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3127 posts) -

This might be the weirdest Nintendo crossover yet. I kinda love the idea, depending on how the character list works out.

#25 Posted by BigDaddy81 (330 posts) -

They better let me play as Sheik.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase let me play as Sheik!

#26 Posted by Nux (2427 posts) -

Huh, this could be pretty cool...maybe.

#27 Edited by flasaltine (1711 posts) -

Great graphics. Great frame rate. The Zelda game everybody was waiting for. Wait... Just kidding.

#28 Edited by oldenglishC (1008 posts) -

So we've got:

What's next?

Kirby x Condemned

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#30 Edited by Epidehl (328 posts) -

@cloudymusic said:

So we've got:

What's next?

A LITERAL Metroidvania.

#31 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

Can't believe this is a game.

#32 Edited by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Screw the haters. This is awesome news to wake up to!

#33 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

This is the best fucking thing

#34 Posted by erhard (442 posts) -

Awesome ground texture.

#35 Posted by Brodehouse (10138 posts) -

We need CEO Jeff to ask "why?"

#36 Posted by chrissedoff (2167 posts) -

Is this a joke? Holy shit this looks bad!!

#37 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

I'm not hating, this could be fun (as a DW fan) but seriously, of all the possible team ups for a third party Zelda game they go Tecmo for a DW game. That's just fucking bizarre.

#38 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I'm not hating, this could be fun (as a DW fan) but seriously, of all the possible team ups for a third party Zelda game they go Tecmo for a DW game. That's just fucking bizarre.

More or less bizarre than crossing Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition?

#39 Posted by automatontribe (198 posts) -

Diluting the Zelda brand with this shit? What a great idea!

#40 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3998 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@artisanbreads said:

More or less bizarre than crossing Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition?

Probably less I guess? Both are crazy.

Pokemon was just asking for a new Snap or some kind of 3D console entry. And Zelda there are a ton of ways you could go but DW had never occurred to me. It's great they are branching out working with other people these are just odd choices.

Anyways though, could be fun. I think the bit with the big boss in there shows some cool gameplay potential. Just so odd.

#41 Posted by BisonHero (7072 posts) -

Kinda bummed we're not going to hear a Bombcast reaction to this bit of weird news. No way they're going to remember to bring this up when they get back in the office.

#42 Posted by redyoshi (233 posts) -

I did not know this was missing from my life until now.

#43 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2221 posts) -

Cool, I'm no fan of DW, though.

#44 Posted by JoeyRavn (4984 posts) -

This looks amazing. I wish Nintendo let other developers toy with their IPs more frequently, because the results seem to be, at least so far, very interesting.

But since it's also a thing, and things on the Internet must be loathed by people, I loathe this thing. I can't believe Nintendo is doing something like this. Nintendo is doooooooomed. Dooooooooomed, I say.

#45 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6162 posts) -

This sounds pretty hilarious and dumb, but probably pretty fun.

#46 Posted by Poonz (140 posts) -

This puts me over the edge. Wii U here I come.

#47 Posted by 5Figh (172 posts) -

wuhhhhh

#48 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6162 posts) -

Dynasty Warriors has as much depth as Super Smash Brothers

#49 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

@bisonhero: That was my one and only thought as well. The only part of this game announcement that interests me is the reaction from the Giant Bomb crew.

#50 Posted by Superkenon (1506 posts) -

Could be neat, even though it seems wrong for a Zelda game to be missing its usual polish (that trailer was kind of a mess!)

Even that tweet had a typo in it!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.