Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

I Am Alive

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 07, 2012

I Am Alive is a survival game. The story revolves around a man trying to find his family in the ruined Midwestern city of Haventon after a devastating, apocalyptic event.

Who else here got the Shotgun?

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BPRJCTX

There's a freaky looking hunched-over guy, straight down the street from Henry's house, i freaked out the first time i saw him, but when you get to him, you find out he's a good guy,

There's a way to get to him, you just have to climb the pipe on the building on his left, right next to another pipe, when you get to the top of that pipe, go to your right, 'till you get to a platform / broken staircase, you can climb up there to rest, then get back on the outside of that platform, and keep going to your right, then you you'll get to a pipe where you can just slide down, and get to him.

After you talk to him, and he tells you he's a good guy, he asks you for a bunch of supplies, it's like 5 different items, if you have them all, he will give you a freaking shotgun with 5 shells.

So, was i the only one here who found it?

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jozzy

Well, I didn't find him, I only found 14 of the 20 survivors. I heard a couple of others screaming for me but couldn't locate them, never saw a hunched back guy. I will replay this game a couple of weeks/months from now with a faq to get all 20 and 100% this game.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @BPRJCTX:  

I found him.  I had a whole buncha shit I was saving for various survivors 
    & had everything he wanted right away.  Sadly all you get is that 5 shells. 
    I never found anymore after that, sort of need to save the shotgun for the 
    finale, too.  I figure I would get more shells at some point in the game,  
    never happened.
    BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BPRJCTX

@jozzy said:

Well, I didn't find him, I only found 14 of the 20 survivors. I heard a couple of others screaming for me but couldn't locate them, never saw a hunched back guy. I will replay this game a couple of weeks/months from now with a faq to get all 20 and 100% this game.

Lol, i think i also found 14 survivors, yeah i heard some others as well, but couldn't find them.

Maybe i'll play it again on survivor, and get the rest of them, but i still got 90% as the final score.

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

@BPRJCTX: I found him. I had a whole buncha shit I was saving for various survivors & had everything he wanted right away. Sadly all you get is that 5 shells. I never found anymore after that, sort of need to save the shotgun for the finale, too. I figure I would get more shells at some point in the game, never happened.

Yeah, me too, gave him all he wanted right away, but man, everytime i pressed X , i got a little more stressed, like, i started thinkin, "ok is this a glitch or something", or "oh boy, you better give me something good, or i'll save you a bullet", but when i saw the shotgun, i just wanted to scream out loud "Hell yeah!"

But yeah, i thought to myself, maybe i was going to get this weapon later in the story, but i did this side thing, so i got it now, and maybe i'll get some more ammo for it later.

But good thing i kinda saved those shells, it felt good going into that last part where you give your gun to the mother, and she leaves you with the bow, but, i had a shotgun, though i only had 2 shells at this time, but i ended up not even using those 2 shells at the end, i just "went turok", and killed everything with the bow, and those 2 arrows, felt pretty good.

Amazing how this game makes me love fire weapons and bows, much more than any FPS...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

If it only has 5 shells, what's the point? Do you ever get a magazine full of ammo?

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bananaz

@BPRJCTX said:

There's a freaky looking hunched-over guy, straight down the street from Henry's house, i freaked out the first time i saw him, but when you get to him, you find out he's a good guy,

There's a way to get to him, you just have to climb the pipe on the building on his left, right next to another pipe, when you get to the top of that pipe, go to your right, 'till you get to a platform / broken staircase, you can climb up there to rest, then get back on the outside of that platform, and keep going to your right, then you you'll get to a pipe where you can just slide down, and get to him.

After you talk to him, and he tells you he's a good guy, he asks you for a bunch of supplies, it's like 5 different items, if you have them all, he will give you a freaking shotgun with 5 shells.

I want to post this exact topic and first post on the Limbo board.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Mikemcn said:

If it only has 5 shells, what's the point? Do you ever get a magazine full of ammo?

Nope, not that kind of game.

@bananaz said:

@BPRJCTX said:

I want to post this exact topic and first post on the Limbo board.

I'm sorry, i'm not sure i understand, Limbo Board?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mikemcn said:

Shotgun.... magazine?

uuuugh.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BPRJCTX

@EveretteScott said:

@Mikemcn said:

Shotgun.... magazine?

uuuugh.

Ha, hold on there, gunsmith, i think he was just talking generally there, about the handgun.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By OneManX

...When shit goes down... pack at least 2 clips? Maybe? More than one bullet?

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By jozzy

@Mikemcn said:

I am guessing you haven't played the game yet. In a game where you usually have 0 or 1 bullets, or 2 if you are really lucky a shotgun with 5 bullets sounds like overkill.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@BPRJCTX said:

I'm sorry, i'm not sure i understand, Limbo Board?

Limbo is a video game, giantbomb is a website about video games. :)

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BPRJCTX

@DJJoeJoe: Thanks Sherlock, now why would he want to post this on a forum about Limbo?

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By phrali

because silly people will go looking for a shotgun in limbo, you big party pooper.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@BPRJCTX: I wasn't being sarcastic, have you not seen the earlier videos on the site? Also, ask the guy himself instead of being kinda a dick to me. You asked what limbo board meant, I answered but I can't tell you what someone else is thinking.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BPRJCTX

@DJJoeJoe: I wasn't being a dick and that video was all kinds of stupid...

Anyway, i don't know, and right now, i don't even care anymore, i''ve only been on the site for like 2 months, so, go easy on the inside jokes.

I'm just here for the Quick Looks and the Bombcasts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.