Just finished Ico for the first time...

#1 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

I finished Ico last night and was completely blown away. At first, I was extremely annoyed with the controls, and the combat. I had to keep reminding myself that the game was over a decade old, and that some of the mechanics may not be as smooth as modern day titles.

On the other hand, the setting was intriguing, and I felt like I had to keep exploring. I love how the game never tells you what to do. It so well designed that it doesn't need to explain itself or give you hints. I liked that there wasn't a life bar or anything else on screen to clutter up the experience as well. The lack of dialog really had me thinking about the story, and where it was going as I was playing.

After getting used to the controls and upgrading my weapon, I couldn't put the game down. Ico is a truly amazing game.

#2 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I still haven't played ico. But after reading this I might give it a chance.

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

This reminds me that I still haven't gotten that ICO/SotC collection and I need to. Both are masterpieces.

#4 Edited by Getz (3155 posts) -
#5 Posted by Morrow (1823 posts) -

I got the collection but only played very little of both games. I should continue with them, I'm sure they're worth the time, and I'd get rid of two D ranks... :D

#6 Posted by ManMadeGod (1585 posts) -

Game still holds up well today. It truly makes me sad when I hear about people that didn't enjoy ICO. Now I just need to attempt a 2 hour speed run for that trophy..........

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.