Bethesda Parent Company Purchases id Software

• 66 results
#51 Posted by InsanePotato (206 posts) -

Soooooo... we'll get bethesda story and rpg elements but with a highly optimized graphics engine? I gotta tell ya, i'm excited.

Seriously though, that's a shocking and surprising announcement. id running low on cash?
#52 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

This is just going to bleed money everywhere.

#53 Edited by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

This is insane, absolutely insane, this came right out of nowhere and from the looks of it, Bethesda is on to something.

#54 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

Where the fuck did that come from?  Wait, so that mean Elder Scrolls 5 will be using id tech 5, speed tree and mega texture technology comes together!

#55 Edited by FrumpyBiscuts (93 posts) -

Definately didn't see this one coming, but I am not surprised. I had no idea this was going to happen, just, I don't see why it couldn't. Maybe someday they will combine games.

Quakeenstine Rage of Doom: the Fallout of Oblivion.

#56 Posted by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

Calling it now, there will be Imperial guards in Rage. "Stop right there, criminal scum!"

#57 Posted by riverbelow (2 posts) -

Wow, maybe the next Fallout will actually be an FPS instead of pretending to be one, rendering me unable to cope with it.

#58 Edited by MeatSim (10739 posts) -

It's like ZeniMax is reading my mind! the RPG and the FPS are my two most favorite genres.  Also I think a Bethesda and id collaboration game would be mind blowing.

#59 Posted by KingOfIceland (653 posts) -

I can see the reasons for this acquisition, but I have to say: dude WHAT?... WH... WAAAAAT?

#60 Posted by momentarylogic (416 posts) -

OMFG this is awesome news, and a perfect fit at that. I am teeming with awe and excitement.

#61 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

This is AWESOME!

#62 Posted by Aeterna (1116 posts) -

This might turn out to be awesome.

#63 Posted by Dachef (106 posts) -

Sounds sweet to me.

#64 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

First I learn today that EA is merging Bioware and Mythic. Now I learn that Zenimax has purchased Id Software. How much crazier can this get???

#65 Posted by xionpunk (366 posts) -

uhhhhhh... oh mah gah

#66 Posted by SoFuLL (67 posts) -
@Snipzor said:
" @SoFuLL: Wasn't that actually Oblivion? "
Well yeah but even more hell!
#67 Posted by Sushbag (327 posts) -

It's been five years since their last game, and that game came out right around the time Half-Life 2 did, so... id is completely irrelevant now. And apparently starving for cash.

#68 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

bla bla blaaa

#69 Posted by Aaron_G (1610 posts) -

I guess this gives the company more under its belt than just Fallout and Elder Scrolls. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.