Oh please be real, new (rumored) id games logo.

#1 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

A new id game logo has been floating around, and I want to know so hard if it's legitimate. Does anyone know if this is the real deal? Maybe they are trying to reboot the visual style in line with RAGE. I like the normal id logo, but this one is THQ clean and still badass. Heres the picture, sorry for the watermark, best one i could find.   

#2 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

I don't like it.
But then again I never liked id.

#3 Posted by WiqidBritt (575 posts) -

that kinda looks like the back of an embroidered patch... it's odd looking.

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

That looks terrible. I hope not.

#5 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Doesn't look very nice.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11636 posts) -

I hope not D:

The current one is not very good as it is, but this one's just worse :(

#7 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

I don't know, that looks really amateurish and just plain awful to me.

#8 Posted by Skytylz (4025 posts) -

I like it....

#9 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

I don't find that to be visually appealing in any way. It's kind of an eyesore.

#10 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
@S0ndor said:

I don't know, that looks really amateurish and just plain awful to me.

kind of looks like a template design or something..
#11 Posted by BoG (5180 posts) -

Hmmm.... I like it. It's a bit rough, looks like it was made in paint. I like the style. I also like the d, which looks like a reverse Utah.
#12 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
@BoG said:
Hmmm.... I like it. It's a bit rough, looks like it was made in paint. I like the style. I also like the d, which looks like a reverse Utah.
it's really simple, and I remember when THQ changed their logo, a lot of people gave em shit, then forgot, I can see the same thing happening here. 
#13 Posted by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -

What the fuck is that?

#14 Posted by Bones8677 (3208 posts) -

It's not very good. It looks unfinished, especially the "Software" part of it.

#15 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

Looks alright. Better than the last one (to me). 

However how do you pronounce it I thought it was just I D but I heard it from someone else like it was egh da

#16 Posted by Bones8677 (3208 posts) -
@BestUsernameEver said:
@BoG said:
it's really simple, and I remember when THQ changed their logo, a lot of people gave em shit, then forgot, I can see the same thing happening here. 
That logo is anything but simple. It sure as hell isn't clean, it's rough. Intentionally so. It's a mishmash of different styles. Parts of it look like bit art, where as the "Software" portion looks like Punk style. THQ's logo had a very specific look and feel, this is all over the place.
#17 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Jasta said:

Doesn't look very nice.

#18 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

I am going to join hands with the consensus here and say they I'm not much of a fan. But I don't really give much of a damn about id or their games, so if this is what they want to push out the door then they won't find me fighting them.

#19 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
@Kombat said:

I am going to join hands with the consensus here and say they I'm not much of a fan. But I don't really give much of a damn about id or their games, so if this is what they want to push out the door then they won't find me fighting them.

WHO DOESN'T LIKE RAGE? WHO? yeah, i see what you mean.
#20 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

looks shit, i hope its not since some one will get paid for that crap and they dont deserve it.

#21 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Looks like the Chair and Twisted Pixel logos went and had a bastard baby.

#22 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Holy hell, that looks bad.

#23 Posted by BonOrbitz (2137 posts) -

Fuuuugly.

#24 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I appove of a company so synonymous with cutting edge visuals having a logo with such terrible fidelity.  It's ugly, and crappy, and Id can do that and it doesn't matter.  Like a rmodel going out in filthy jeans an ancient paint splattered T-shirt. 
#25 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

Doesn't look very good

#26 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
That looks terrible. I hope not.
#27 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

Yeah, that looks pretty terrible.

#28 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

That looks like some wanky art student's attempt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.